The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill

Go down 
+2
Ms. Kitty
Judge Roy Bean
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill Empty
PostSubject: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 pm

New York Gov. David Paterson plans to introduce legislation this week to legalize same-sex marriage, reviving a bill that died in 2007 and still faces strong opposition despite a new Democratic majority in the state Senate.

Paterson, talking to reporters Tuesday in Hempstead, N.Y, said "there is clearly a problem" when gays and lesbians in civil unions are denied 1,200 to 1,350 civil protections such as health care and pension rights because they're not married.

"The timing was always right. It's just who is willing to take that step, and I am," Paterson said. "I think it is, as other states are showing, the only ethical way to treat people who want to live together in peace under the civil law. So my general feeling about all these issues is the right ethical decision will inevitably be the right political decision."

Link
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Ms. Kitty
Homesteader
Homesteader
Ms. Kitty

PostSubject: Re: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Kudos to Gov. David Paterson! thumb
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Yayyy!

Disco Banana
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Why should a governor push legislation on something when it's obvious the representatives and the majority of their constituents are against it?
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:32 pm

This bill will probably pass given the liberal way of thinking today. That does not make it right.
I can only say that I hope that this bill and any like it fail miserably. Marraige was meant to be between one man and one woman, Period!
So, any opposing to my feelings can blast way, that doesn't phase me. I feel very comfotable and confident in my statement on this.

As for me.........God said it, I believe it and that is it! People have been trying to disprove God's word for years and years and they cannot do it.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:42 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Why should a governor push legislation on something when it's obvious the representatives and the majority of their constituents are against it?
That is called being "politically correct" or imo spineless Rolling Eyes . How dare they offend a few for the belief of many Laughing .
Makes me appreciate people like Miss California and Alaska Govenor Sarah Palin all the more. They say what they believe be it popular or not and do not care what some may think. thumb
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Not a very popular guy... This will probably any chance he has for a political future.. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/05/04/ny-gov-patersons-popularity-plummets-voters-prefer-spitzer/
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:58 pm

^ Great news Disco Banana , any and all of them (liberals) we can get rid of the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill   NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NY Gov. Paterson To Introduce Gay Marriage Bill
Page 1 of 1