The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage Empty
PostSubject: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:06 am

SAN DIEGO (BP)--The National Education Association, the nation's largest labor union, voted July 5 to reject a proposal officially to remain neutral on the issues of abortion and family planning.

Also during its annual meeting in San Diego July 1-6, the NEA went on record as supporting laws legalizing civil unions and "gay marriage" -- it said either are acceptable -- and it backed efforts to repeal federal legislation that "discriminates" against same-sex couples, which presumably could target the Defense of Marriage Amendment.

The proposed bylaw amendment regarding abortion would have invalidated NEA Resolution I-16 on family planning, which says NEA "supports family planning, including the right to reproductive freedom."

Link
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:00 pm

Not surprising.. The NEA is one of the most corrupt organizations there is... Big part of whats wrong with our educational system today..
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 pm

I think it's wonderful! I see this as a victory for freedom and choice. What's bad about that?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:20 pm

^ Nothing, if you like dead babies.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
You do realize that abortions would continue if the law changed and women would be at great risk because of it?
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:46 am

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
You do realize that abortions would continue if the law changed and women would be at great risk because of it?

Illegal abortions would occur but no where near the numbers that occur now that legal abortion clinics are unfortunately spread all over the country.

To reduce back alley abortions, more homes like the Lifehouse in Louisville need to start popping up. www.lifehousecenter.org . The current one in Louisville is almost full so another needs to be considered.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

So very true.

And I don't know anybody that just LOVES dead babies. geez It's not like liberals sit around and have baby BBQ's. Good Lord.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:38 am

gringaloca wrote:

So very true.

And I don't know anybody that just LOVES dead babies. geez It's not like liberals sit around and have baby BBQ's. Good Lord.

They may not love dead babies but I believe too many people turn a blind eye and a deaf ear and just pretend like nothing is going on inside the abortion mills in the name of reproductive rights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage   NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEA Supports Abortion and Gay Marriage
Page 1 of 1