The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage

Go down 
+2
Annie Oakley
Mongo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage Empty
PostSubject: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Simply put, it opens the door to others that want changes made for them as well. Once you open that door....

Example? Polygamists want polygamous relationships legalized.

Quote :
When social conservatives argue that legalizing same-sex marriage could lead to legalized polygamy, same-sex marriage advocates either laugh or sneer. It's a scare tactic, they say. It'll never happen.
Last year, however, as Canada legalized same-sex marriage, Prime Minister Paul Martin commissioned a $150,000 study to debunk the polygamy argument. Big mistake: The study confirmed the scare tactic by recommending that Canada repeal its anti-polygamy law.

It also suggested that a legal challenge to Canada's anti-polygamy laws would succeed. "Why criminalize behavior?" asked Martha Bailey, one of the study's three law-professor authors. "We don't criminalize adultery."

Link

Here's a group that wants it legalized.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm tellin' ya...civil unions for government purposes and weddings for religious purposes only.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:02 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I'm tellin' ya...civil unions for government purposes and weddings for religious purposes only.
thumb
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Mongo wrote:
Simply put, it opens the door to others that want changes made for them as well. Once you open that door....

Example? Polygamists want polygamous relationships legalized.

Quote :
When social conservatives argue that legalizing same-sex marriage could lead to legalized polygamy, same-sex marriage advocates either laugh or sneer. It's a scare tactic, they say. It'll never happen.
Last year, however, as Canada legalized same-sex marriage, Prime Minister Paul Martin commissioned a $150,000 study to debunk the polygamy argument. Big mistake: The study confirmed the scare tactic by recommending that Canada repeal its anti-polygamy law.

It also suggested that a legal challenge to Canada's anti-polygamy laws would succeed. "Why criminalize behavior?" asked Martha Bailey, one of the study's three law-professor authors. "We don't criminalize adultery."

Link

Here's a group that wants it legalized.

Ever heard of Triads? The door will be open to Triads and many more things if gay marriage or civil unions are recognized by our government. That's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:48 am

Annie Oakley wrote:

Annie, I'm with you. It's the perfect solution to this problem. But I do have to say that I've been thinking about polygamy myself. I really want to marry my new mattress. I'm so in love with it! lol
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:44 am

gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

Annie, I'm with you. It's the perfect solution to this problem. But I do have to say that I've been thinking about polygamy myself. I really want to marry my new mattress. I'm so in love with it! lol
So, you agree that gay marriage should be verboten?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:56 am

gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

I need to hear more about this mattress!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:07 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

So, you agree that gay marriage should be verboten?

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it should be up to the church, like Annie suggested.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:17 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

I need to hear more about this mattress!

I have a bad back so I've been shopping around for a new mattress that would take away the pressure points and keep me from tossing and turning all night. I almost bought a tempur-pedic but ended up finding a mattress that is exactly the same without the mega-high price. It's a Jamison mattress which has mid-range to high end mattresses. Since I have purchased this mattress I have been sleeping all the way through the night and waking up refreshed and not in so much pain. I'm in love!

Here's some info on it.
Jamison Mattress Review

And another link

Jamison Resort Foam
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:22 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I have a bad back so I've been shopping around for a new mattress that would take away the pressure points and keep me from tossing and turning all night. I almost bought a tempur-pedic but ended up finding a mattress that is exactly the same without the mega-high price. It's a Jamison mattress which has mid-range to high end mattresses. Since I have purchased this mattress I have been sleeping all the way through the night and waking up refreshed and not in so much pain. I'm in love!

Here's some info on it.
Jamison Mattress Review

And another link

Jamison Resort Foam
How much do these run, gringa?
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

Here's some info on it.
Jamison Mattress Review

And another link

Jamison Resort Foam
How much do these run, gringa?

Mine was around $1500 for a queen size. It is also dust mite free which is good for me as well because I have horrid allergies. The tempur-pedic I wanted was around $3500 so I felt it was a great bargain. Plus the company is solid, been around since the 1800's and has a wonderful ten year warranty. I strongly suggest it for folks with back problems. It's been a smart purchase for me. Plus it's made in the USA in Tennessee. Can't beat that with a stick!
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:06 pm

I made a statement at work the other day saying I hope that Adam Lambert (American Idol) would not make it to the final. I was accused of being a "gay hater" as soon as those words came out of my mouth.

First off - I don't know if he's gay or not. Has he told the world that he is and I just missed the big announcement? I've seen the pictures but that doesn't make it official. I said that I hope he would be voted off for one reason and one reason only...I don't think he can sing. There I've said it...I can't stand the screaming.

Second off - If this person really knew me she would have known this....I had a childhood friend who I dearly loved them and I dearly love now. He and I rode horses together on summer days. We layed out on the grass at night and counted the stars. We watched clouds and tried to figure out what they looked like. We went to school together our whole life. He was my very best friend. He died of aids just a little over a year ago. Did I just say I loved him? I am wrong...I adored him. He was the very best friend a woman could asked for. He was openly gay and was with the same man for over 20 years.

Third off - If this peson really knew me she would have know this....I have a cousin who I think the world of. She has been with the same woman for over 25 years and they have a wonderful relationship.

Now all of that being said, Do I have a problem with gay marriage? No I don't. I know this goes against my church and the bible but I just don't think it's wrong for two people to love each other. As MrK said the other night....oh "K" everyone deserves someone to love. And that just sums it up in a nutshell...everyone deserves someone to love. thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Kgirl wrote:
I made a statement at work the other day saying I hope that Adam Lambert (American Idol) would not make it to the final. I was accused of being a "gay hater" as soon as those words came out of my mouth.

First off - I don't know if he's gay or not. Has he told the world that he is and I just missed the big announcement? I've seen the pictures but that doesn't make it official. I said that I hope he would be voted off for one reason and one reason only...I don't think he can sing. There I've said it...I can't stand the screaming.

Second off - If this person really knew me she would have known this....I had a childhood friend who I dearly loved them and I dearly love now. He and I rode horses together on summer days. We layed out on the grass at night and counted the stars. We watched clouds and tried to figure out what they looked like. We went to school together our whole life. He was my very best friend. He died of aids just a little over a year ago. Did I just say I loved him? I am wrong...I adored him. He was the very best friend a woman could asked for. He was openly gay and was with the same man for over 20 years.

Third off - If this peson really knew me she would have know this....I have a cousin who I think the world of. She has been with the same woman for over 25 years and they have a wonderful relationship.

Now all of that being said, Do I have a problem with gay marriage? No I don't. I know this goes against my church and the bible but I just don't think it's wrong for two people to love each other. As MrK said the other night....oh "K" everyone deserves someone to love. And that just sums it up in a nutshell...everyone deserves someone to love. thumb thumb

I agree with everything that you said...except for that Adam Lambart can't sing! You are the first person that I have EVER heard say that. Lot's of people don't like him, but I've never heard anyone deny his musical ability. Lots of talented singers use upper keys and high pitched variations - take Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.

Kgirl, I am sorry for the loss of your friend.
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Kgirl wrote:

I agree with everything that you said...except for that Adam Lambart can't sing! You are the first person that I have EVER heard say that. Lot's of people don't like him, but I've never heard anyone deny his musical ability. Lots of talented singers use upper keys and high pitched variations - take Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.

Thanks Annie.....

I feel sure he's a good kid and I know that lots of people thinks he can sing but I just don't. I think he changes the songs around in a funky way that I don't like and I truly think he spends most of his performance screaming...note...I don't like Steven Tyler either...so there you go Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:02 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Kgirl wrote:

I think he can sing but instead of singing he always ends up screaming with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. And I don't understand how Simon thought his take on One was so impressive. He even did the screaming tongue thing when he sang that. UGH! It gets on my last nerve. I don't care if he is gay or not. Has nothing to do with it. One of my favorite singers of all time was Freddie Mercury. I even named my dog after him. My problem is Adam is that he comes off as so dang fake, like he is playing some rock star instead of being one. My favorite on the show this season was Allison and she's already gone but I have a feeling her career is far from over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage   Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Some Have A Problem With Gay Marriage
Page 1 of 1