The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just wanted to introduce myself....

Go down 
+3
Mongo
Judge Roy Bean
gringaloca
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Just wanted to introduce myself.... Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:03 pm

I see that I may be in the minority on this forum regarding political views. Before I begin to reply to some of these threads I just want to say that I hope we can keep this non-personal. I don't want the founder of the forum and others to think it was a mistake letting me join. lol Duck!
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:07 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I see that I may be in the minority on this forum regarding political views. Before I begin to reply to some of these threads I just want to say that I hope we can keep this non-personal. I don't want the founder of the forum and others to think it was a mistake letting me join. lol Duck!
I love having as many different opinions on this board as possible. It would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything.

Welcome to the site, I'm glad you joined. Now, lets dance! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Welcome to the site, gringaloca!
The more people with different views, the better this site will be! I look forward to debating with you!
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Gringaloca, I think that you will fit in just fine. You are both intelligent and well-read, so you will present your opinions and discuss the issues with an open mind.

You do bring up a great point. Politics can get heated and bring about great debates. However, we want to make sure that we all debate the issues and not make personal attacks. I know it's taken me a while to be able not look at a challenge to my opinion as a personal challenge...I guess age does that to you!

One last thing for us all to consider. Let's make sure that when we post threads where we refer to news articles that we include a link to that article. I think we can all agree that sometimes our own opinion makes us look at info one way and that someone else, reading the entirety of the article, may pick up on things that we missed or see things in a different light.

Let me buy a round for all of you early political posters! Drinkers
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
However, we want to make sure that we all debate the issues and not make personal attacks.

Let's make sure that when we post threads where we refer to news articles that we include a link to that article. I think we can all agree that sometimes our own opinion makes us look at info one way and that someone else, reading the entirety of the article, may pick up on things that we missed or see things in a different light.
Some very good points Annie. As for posting articles and such, what you want to do is just post a short "clip" and then add a link to the rest of the article. Not only does this add to the depth of understanding, as Annie mentioned, it also prevents you from violating anyone's copyright by posting an entire article here. This is a very important legal consideration and something we have to (by necessity) strongly enforce.

As for the debates, we want everyone to enjoy themselves. Sometimes, doing so in a debate forum can mean getting a little "worked up." That's okay, but you need to aim your barbs at your opponent's opinions and ideas -- not at the person themselves or any other person. Let's keep the debates burnin'...but the tempers chilled like a cold case of Yuengling.
Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 am

gringaloca wrote:
I am very new here as well and I feel sure that some will disagree on some of my views on things. That is fine with me, I respect that and have no problem with it at all. After all, imo that is what a message board is all about........differing opinions. As long as things are kept respectful to one another then I am fine with it.

BTW, should anyone believe in all of this gun control junk then don't even talk to me! (Just kidding don't shoot! Duck! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Tom Gladius
Homesteader
Homesteader
Tom Gladius

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:14 pm

gringaloca wrote:

If you fall on one side or the other you will be more welcome than me. I am indifferent to political sides and I am more than happy to offend people who need offending be it Bible-beating right-wingers or brotherhood of man preaching idealistic lefties.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Tom Gladius wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

If you fall on one side or the other you will be more welcome than me. I am indifferent to political sides and I am more than happy to offend people who need offending be it Bible-beating right-wingers or brotherhood of man preaching idealistic lefties.

Welcome Tom! Sounds like you're going to be a fun poster to have around. Stir The Pot

Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to introduce myself....   Just wanted to introduce myself.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to introduce myself....
Page 1 of 1