The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil.... Empty
PostSubject: Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil....   Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:03 am

The evidence that Cheney believed he was above the constitution just continues to pile up. Scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil....   Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:21 am

I saw this earlier. I had heard that this hadn't been done since the Civil War. I'll give president Bush a thumb on making the right call here.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil....   Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:45 am

Just more spin.... A lot of unconventional tactics were considered after we were attacked on our own soil... At least we didn't round up all Muslims in the U.S. and put them in camps like we did the Japanese after Pearl Harbor. These guys were dangerous and needed to be captured and were thanks to the strong arming of Bush and Cheney...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil....   Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Thank God that President Bush's health was good. As big of a mess as the country was in when he left office, God only knows what type of disaster we'd be in if Cheney had had to take over.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil....   Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Thank God that President Bush's health was good. As big of a mess as the country was in when he left office, God only knows what type of disaster we'd be in if Cheney had had to take over.

Exactly. I am thankful that George did stand up to his puppet master every once in a while and put his foot down. I have a feeling George Sr. probably had some input in some of this as well. He probably knew it was a good idea to keep Cheney on a tight leash. In a small way I feel sorry for Bush Jr. because I really don't think he was in total control but he should have put Cheney in his spot and done the job himself with the help of his father instead of letting Cheney rule the roost so much. I am thankful that Bush didn't choke on that pretzel because if he had....well, we'd probably be living under a dictator right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil....   Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheney wanted to "test" constitution using military on US soil....
Page 1 of 1