The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dick Cheney's Rebuttal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Dick Cheney's Rebuttal Empty
PostSubject: Dick Cheney''s Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:53 pm

Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Thursday leveled his harshest indictment yet of President Barack Obama’s approach to the war on terror, saying the president’s efforts to dismantle Bush-era policies have left the nation dangerously exposed to another attack.

“If liberals are unhappy about some decisions, and conservatives are unhappy about other decisions, then it may seem to them that the President is on the path of sensible compromise,” Cheney said. “But in the fight against terrorism, there is no middle ground, and half-measures keep you half exposed.”

You cannot keep just some nuclear-armed terrorists out of the United States, you must keep every nuclear-armed terrorist out of the United States. Triangulation is a political strategy, not a national security strategy,”Cheney said. “There is never a good time to compromise when the lives and safety of the American people are in the balance. “

He also says those who call Bush interrogation practices torture — as Obama has — are people who engage in “contrived indignation and phony moralizing on the interrogation methods applied to a few captured terrorists.”

Read more.

Some excellent points by Cheney.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:00 pm

"I was and remain a strong proponent of our enhanced interrogation program," Cheney added later in the speech. "The interrogations were used on hardened terrorists after other efforts failed. They were legal, essential, justified, successful, and the right thing to do."

Link
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:30 pm

^ I watched this today and thought that it was great. Cheney flat out told it like it was. This administration tells a different story/speech depending on what group or who they are talking to and absolutely have no backbone.
Should Obama want to please France, let him take his act there and run for president. (and please take Biden and Pelosi along with him).
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Are you guys kidding us? You honestly belive what Cheney has to say?
This article puts it better than I can.

Send Him Back to the Bunker!

Quote :
Obama's speech did exactly that. He spelled out his logic, backed up his talking points with facts, and put forth a policy grounded—at least in his view—not just in lofty ideals but also in hardheaded assessments of national security. Those who disagree with his conclusions could come away at least knowing where their paths diverged—what claims they'd need to challenge in mounting their opposition.

Cheney, on the other hand, built a case on straw men, red herrings, and lies. In short, his speech was classic Dick Cheney, with all the familiar scowls and scorn intact. The Manichean worldview, which Cheney advanced and enforced while in office, was on full display. After justifying "enhanced interrogation methods," as part of the Bush administration's "comprehensive strategy" in the wake of 9/11—and noting that the next seven and a half years saw no follow-on attack—he said this:
So we're left to draw one of two conclusions, and here is the great dividing line in our current debate over national security. You can look at the facts and conclude that the comprehensive strategy has worked, and therefore needs to be continued as vigilantly as ever. Or you can look at the same set of facts and conclude that 9/11 was a one-off event … and not sufficient to justify a sustained wartime effort.
This is a blatant evasion. The debate—or one of the debates—is, in fact, over whether or not the war on terror required "tough interrogations," as Cheney called them. Does he believe—should anyone else believe—that removing one chunk of this strategy would cause the whole edifice to topple? If these interrogations are so essential, why did President Bush stop them in 2004? And why haven't we been attacked since?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
This article puts it better than I can.

Send Him Back to the Bunker!

Quote :
Obama's speech did exactly that. He spelled out his logic, backed up his talking points with facts, and put forth a policy grounded—at least in his view—not just in lofty ideals but also in hardheaded assessments of national security. Those who disagree with his conclusions could come away at least knowing where their paths diverged—what claims they'd need to challenge in mounting their opposition.

Cheney, on the other hand, built a case on straw men, red herrings, and lies. In short, his speech was classic Dick Cheney, with all the familiar scowls and scorn intact. The Manichean worldview, which Cheney advanced and enforced while in office, was on full display. After justifying "enhanced interrogation methods," as part of the Bush administration's "comprehensive strategy" in the wake of 9/11—and noting that the next seven and a half years saw no follow-on attack—he said this:
So we're left to draw one of two conclusions, and here is the great dividing line in our current debate over national security. You can look at the facts and conclude that the comprehensive strategy has worked, and therefore needs to be continued as vigilantly as ever. Or you can look at the same set of facts and conclude that 9/11 was a one-off event … and not sufficient to justify a sustained wartime effort.
This is a blatant evasion. The debate—or one of the debates—is, in fact, over whether or not the war on terror required "tough interrogations," as Cheney called them. Does he believe—should anyone else believe—that removing one chunk of this strategy would cause the whole edifice to topple? If these interrogations are so essential, why did President Bush stop them in 2004? And why haven't we been attacked since?
Ah, Slate Magazine.. A real intelligent news source... Right up there with The Enquirer.. Find me an article about how much military experience Obama has and what he knows, if anything, about fighting wars..
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:

I find this really funny, especially when I see and hear what Nancy Pelosi, VP Joe Biden and even President Obama himself has to say about just about anything popcorn ... Oh, the irony. laugh until I cry laugh until I cry laugh until I cry

Last edited by The Drifter on Fri May 22, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

.. Find me an article about how much military experience Obama has and what he knows, if anything, about fighting wars..
thumb You got that right Lucas. Should that one exist, it would have to be in the short story/fiction department at the local comic book shop. Smile
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:01 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Ah, Slate Magazine.. A real intelligent news source... Right up there with The Enquirer.. Find me an article about how much military experience Obama has and what he knows, if anything, about fighting wars..
Again, since it isn't Faux News, you don't like the source. Rolling Eyes

Can you find me an article about how much military experience Bush had? Please don't waste our time with his National Guard position his daddy got for him, I mean real military experience.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:09 am

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Again, since it isn't Faux News, you don't like the source. Rolling Eyes

Can you find me an article about how much military experience Bush had? Please don't waste our time with his National Guard position his daddy got for him, I mean real military experience.
ANY experience at all would be more than Obama has.. Question: Why do liberals always answer a question with a question? Why can't they just answer the question asked??
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:49 pm

They have no answers with substance. They cannot get over their HATRED of the Bush admin. Hatred reveals few facts and most liberals use it as their base in every argument.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dick Cheney's Rebuttal   Dick Cheney's Rebuttal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dick Cheney's Rebuttal
Page 1 of 1