The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days

Go down 
+8
AnitaBeer
Pat Garrett
gringaloca
Judge Roy Bean
Venus03
Mongo
Annie Oakley
The Drifter
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Grade president Obama's performance - first 100 days
1.) A
President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
2.) B
President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
3.) C
President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
4.) D
President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
5.) F
President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
6.) F- (he should be impeached)
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Venus03

President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:01 pm

AnitaBeer wrote:
Venus03 wrote:
Nothing? Where have you been the past hundred days? S- chip is nothing? I totally disagree. I won't rehash my previous posts , but He has done things...what it boils down to is that the people who seem to give him an F because he quote" hasn't done anything" is mainly b/c IMO they don't agree with anything he has done...there's a difference...
Completely overshadowed by what he's done to the deficit, as I'm sure the Judge will agree.

Judge said, I've been right here watching him spend at a pace I don't think we'll ever recover from. SCHIP will now be more of a burden on us because of his stupidity with spending.
How can anyone agree with what he's done to the deficit? The only thing I can figure is they're simply being partisan

Again, I will only say that while I don't like all of his spending, we can't get out of this mess without some of it..ask economists...Having said that the President has done nothing is wrong. you just don't like what he has done...your opinion.I will not post again on this issue since you will never change my mind, an I know I will never change yours. What a shame, IMO. However, different point of views is what makes the world go around.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:04 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
For those that gave "F's" what score would you give him for doing nothing?
An F, that's equal to doing what he has though. Nothing in that stimulus package is going to stimulate anything. The deficit he's creating after only 100 days scares the hell out of me. Can you imagine after 4 years? affraid

Wow! Way to be optimistic there! Wink Unless you are capable of seeing the future, you have no way of knowing if this stimulus package is going to work. I just think it's sad that people are already calling his presidency a failure and he hasn't even been in office long enough to even show any real results y yet. What did you think of Tarp part 1? You said you disagreed with it. Does that mean Bush gets an F from you as well? For some reason I doubt it. lol Who Me? It's funny how that works isn't it? I believe that right now it doesn't matter what Obama does, republicans will disagree just out of spite. I'm just wondering how the republican talking heads are going to spin this situation if his stimulus package does work. I'm sure they will take credit for it somehow. No If Obama said that we should do nothing and sit back and see what happens, like the repubs wanted to do, they would be screaming SPEND SPEND SPEND. Laughing And those who voted for them would be holding up signs saying Spend baby Spend! It's sheep mentality.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Venus03 wrote:
AnitaBeer wrote:
Venus03 wrote:
Nothing? Where have you been the past hundred days? S- chip is nothing? I totally disagree. I won't rehash my previous posts , but He has done things...what it boils down to is that the people who seem to give him an F because he quote" hasn't done anything" is mainly b/c IMO they don't agree with anything he has done...there's a difference...
Completely overshadowed by what he's done to the deficit, as I'm sure the Judge will agree.

Judge said, I've been right here watching him spend at a pace I don't think we'll ever recover from. SCHIP will now be more of a burden on us because of his stupidity with spending.
How can anyone agree with what he's done to the deficit? The only thing I can figure is they're simply being partisan

Again, I will only say that while I don't like all of his spending, we can't get out of this mess without some of it..ask economists...Having said that the President has done nothing is wrong. you just don't like what he has done...your opinion.I will not post again on this issue since you will never change my mind, an I know I will never change yours. What a shame, IMO. However, different point of views is what makes the world go around.

Exactly. I think he's done all sorts of wonderful things. I love what he's done with Schip, stem cell research, foreign diplomacy, the economy (my husbands employers work orders have gone up since this stimulus package was passed), we received a tax cut, etc. I'm very happy with what he has done so far and in my opinion (and the majority of the rest of the country according to tons of surveys) he has done a great job. Much better than what Bush did for eight years. What exactly did Bush achieve in his eight years in the white house anyway? I guess I find it sad that some people want to hate/disapprove of Obama so much, it really doesn't matter what he does. They are going to dog him and call him a failure. I chalk a lot of it up to being sore losers. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:59 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Wow! Way to be optimistic there! Wink Unless you are capable of seeing the future, you have no way of knowing if this stimulus package is going to work. I just think it's sad that people are already calling his presidency a failure and he hasn't even been in office long enough to even show any real results y yet. What did you think of Tarp part 1? You said you disagreed with it. Does that mean Bush gets an F from you as well? For some reason I doubt it. lol Who Me? It's funny how that works isn't it? I believe that right now it doesn't matter what Obama does, republicans will disagree just out of spite. I'm just wondering how the republican talking heads are going to spin this situation if his stimulus package does work. I'm sure they will take credit for it somehow. No If Obama said that we should do nothing and sit back and see what happens, like the repubs wanted to do, they would be screaming SPEND SPEND SPEND. Laughing And those who voted for them would be holding up signs saying Spend baby Spend! It's sheep mentality.
What can I possibly find optimistic in quadrupling the deficit? I don't need to see into the future to know that. I never said his presidency was a failure, just his first hundred days. He has a long way to go and a lot can change between now and then.
Gringa, you seem to think I want Obama to fail, you couldn't be more incorrect. I don' t like the guy, but if he fails, we fail. That's not something I want.
Yes, for Tarp 1, Bush gets an F.
For his handling of the economy over the last few years, Bush gets an F.
There are other areas I give Bush an F as well.
I'm not nearly as partisan as other people seem to be.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
What can I possibly find optimistic in quadrupling the deficit? I don't need to see into the future to know that. I never said his presidency was a failure, just his first hundred days. He has a long way to go and a lot can change between now and then.
Gringa, you seem to think I want Obama to fail, you couldn't be more incorrect. I don' t like the guy, but if he fails, we fail. That's not something I want.
Yes, for Tarp 1, Bush gets an F.
For his handling of the economy over the last few years, Bush gets an F.
There are other areas I give Bush an F as well.
I'm not nearly as partisan as other people seem to be.

What other areas do you think Bush failed in besides Tarp? I guess it just seems like if people wanted him to succeed they would get behind him instead of hating(disliking) him and talking badly about him all the time. Let's say this was a child and you they brought a big F home on their report card. Do you go around telling everyone how stupid he is and write them off because they are so much like your ex wife (whom you don't like in this instance) or do you support them and get behind him and try to help them? And you keep talking like I'm some die hard democrat and can't be swayed. I'm actually not a democrat at all.
No
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:19 pm

gringaloca wrote:
What other areas do you think Bush failed in besides Tarp? I guess it just seems like if people wanted him to succeed they would get behind him instead of hating(disliking) him and talking badly about him all the time. Let's say this was a child and you they brought a big F home on their report card. Do you go around telling everyone how stupid he is and write them off because they are so much like your ex wife (whom you don't like in this instance) or do you support them and get behind him and try to help them? And you keep talking like I'm some die hard democrat and can't be swayed. I'm actually not a democrat at all.
No
Illegal aliens, an F.
Conservatism, an F.
Social Security, an F.
His Medicare prescription drug plan, an F.
Comparing Obama to one of my children is apple to oranges. Complaining about your leadership when you disagree is a healthy thing for the country. Complaining about your kid is superfluous, your child is a reflection of you and how you raised them.
I have to ask, did you get behind Bush when he made mistakes? Did you badmouth Bush? Stir The Pot
I know you're not a Republican. Cool Shades
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
No
Illegal aliens, an F.
Conservatism, an F.
Social Security, an F.
His Medicare prescription drug plan, an F.
Comparing Obama to one of my children is apple to oranges. Complaining about your leadership when you disagree is a healthy thing for the country. Complaining about your kid is superfluous, your child is a reflection of you and how you raised them.
I have to ask, did you get behind Bush when he made mistakes? Did you badmouth Bush? Stir The Pot
I know you're not a Republican. Cool Shades

So do you think Bush failed the people of New Orleans as well? What about the Iraq war and all the civilians and soldiers killed because the Iraqi's had WMD? Opps, no they didn't. What about the out of control spending that sent us into a record breaking deficit? I know you think Obama has failed because of that, what about Bush's crazy spending (and I'm not talking about tarp)? If he failed on so many levels why do you and others who voted for him think he was a good president? And yes, complaining about our leaders is fine but when you disagree with everything they say or do simply because they beat your candidate, well, that's just being a big baby (not referring to anyone in particular). And believe me, I see lots of sore losers every single day where I live. They don't even know what President Obama is doing nor do they care to find out. They hate him simply because he's a democrat or because he's black or because they think he's a secret terrorist or because he's the anti-christ and other total nonsense that is passed around in forwarded emails and talked about around the water cooler at work. BTW, after 9-11 I was totally behind Bush and prayed every day that he meant what he said about getting Bin Laden. I was touched by his speech at ground zero but now that I look back on it I wonder how sincere it was.

As far as the child reference. I do like to believe that our president is a reflection of who we are as a country and I want to be represented well. That's why President Obama needs all of our support right now to get this country back on it's feet again. I'm sure it thrills the terrorists to know that so many people in our country hate our new president for being such a peace lover instead of a Texas cowboy ready to kick butt and take names later.

And you asked me if I got behind Bush when he made mistakes? Ummm no, I didn't. The problem with this is President Obama failing and making mistakes is something that is your opinion, not fact YET. Bush did fail on many levels and it's simply fact because he's gone and it's been proven. You can't call Obama's policies failures until they actually FAIL. He hasn't been in office long enough to see what his decisions will accomplish. With Bush, well, we know there were no WMD and the war was poorly planned with no exit in mind. We know that Katrina was a huge failure because it's people were largely ignored going for days without basic needs or aid. Osama Bin Laden is still free because Bush said he was no longer worried about that guy even though he vowed to bring him to justice for September 11th. ETC ETC ETC. Yes, I complained plenty and still do about Bush's proven failures. Complaining about President Obama's tactics before they have even been tested or proven to be failures is just being negative to be negative. Have you ever wondered what will happen if his plans actually work and save thousands of people from being unemployed and unhealthy? Maybe it's time to start giving President Obama a break and quit shooting down everything he does before it even takes off? And if any of your have some wonderful flawless plan that will get us out of the financial mess Bush et al left us in, you should head to Washington DC and share your thoughts because nobody from the republican party has stepped up and offered an alternative plan that was any different than what they were already doing. If someone has some foolproof plan that has 100% chance of succeeding, I'm ALL FOR IT! But in the real world there is no guarantee that anyones plan with work from either side. None of us can tell the future except you Judge. hee hee j/k Wink

And yes, I'm not a democrat. I'm an independent. I feel that President Obama represents me better than the current form of the republican party. I actually believed in a lot of the old school republican ideas from way back but that was before religion hi-jacked the party. Oh and I'm a Christian too btw. Angel2 Stir The Pot Opps, I just wrote another novel. Sorry. study I happen to type over a 100 words a minute so it's easy for me to write quite a bit in a very short time. Smile God Bless Mrs. Cottingim.
Back to top Go down
Curly Bill

Curly Bill

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I would have given him an A if he hadn't bothered to run for president. He's terrible. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Curly Bill wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
I would have given him an A if he hadn't bothered to run for president. He's terrible. Evil or Very Mad

How so? How is he so terrible? And how was Bush so wonderful and great? Just curious.

And I'm glad you are in the minority in your opinion. Your negativity and hatred towards him is palpable. I assume you are the only one to give him a F-? At least 11 out of 15 gave him a passing grade on this poll. He is OUR president afterall.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:30 pm

For those who gave him an F or said that they have found nothing positive, what about his handling of the pirate issue and authorizing force if the captain was deemed to be in danger?
Back to top Go down
John Reid
Homesteader
Homesteader
John Reid

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:27 am

C. Still way to early to tell what will happen. Nothing gets done in 100 days anymore.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
For those who gave him an F or said that they have found nothing positive, what about his handling of the pirate issue and authorizing force if the captain was deemed to be in danger?

Exactly. That was a rather macho decision. They are even talking about arming some of the ships that are being attacked most. And what could anyone find bad about equal pay for women? Bush wouldn't pass it. There are several things that Obama has done that is good for everyone on both sides. When someone says they can find NOTHING good about the president I think they are just being sore losers.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:20 pm

The poll/vote is pretty even at this time. 8 votes for an above average job, 9 votes for average or below average.

Just a note on some of the comments, all I heard forever after Bush took office was "how long are you going to blame Clinton" for this, that or whatever. Well my friends............how many comments by the left wing dwellers and President Obama himself that go something like...well, I inherited this problem, we were left in this shape, etc,etc..
Pot.....Meet Kettle.... Laughing
I agree that the economy was in pretty bad shape when Obama came in, but now that everyone is not falling at "the One's" feet it is all of a sudden Bush's problem. Here is a news flash Mr Obama........you won the election, it is now your job and btw people, George Bush did leave the economy in bad shape, no doubt but George Bush hasn't pushed the debt/hole we are in 4X what it was in 100 days.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Obama blew it with me when he started talking morals and one of his first acts as president was to overturn the previous administration's ban on partial birth murder..
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:04 pm

John Reid wrote:
C. Still way to early to tell what will happen. Nothing gets done in 100 days anymore.

I find this "100 day" deal a bit confusing. Obama supporters can guffaw and swoon over all the "good" (they believe) he's accomplished in the first "100 days" but as soon as someone disagrees with something he's done in the first "100 days"..."It's way too early. The media does the same thing when negative questions or comments are made. Please explain.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

Exactly. That was a rather macho decision. They are even talking about arming some of the ships that are being attacked most. And what could anyone find bad about equal pay for women? Bush wouldn't pass it. There are several things that Obama has done that is good for everyone on both sides. When someone says they can find NOTHING good about the president I think they are just being sore losers.

ANY president, past & present better have the "Macho"nads to make that decision. I will give him a pat on the back for the pirate handling...It has nothing to do with policy though...A No-Brainer.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Huh?   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Obama blew it with me when he started talking morals and one of his first acts as president was to overturn the previous administration's ban on partial birth murder..

Obama overturned partial birth abortion?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days   President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

President Barack H. Obama, the first 100 days
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2