The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' Empty
PostSubject: Barack Obama ''breaks four aid pledges for Africa''   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:44 am

Quote :
US President Barack Obama has broken four campaign promises on overseas aid and risks reversing the successes of the Bush administration, HIV-Aids activists have claimed.

Key pledges to boost money for Aids funds, education programmes and poverty-reduction schemes have all been missed, the Global Aids Alliance (GAA) said.
The Washington-based organisation said that figures from Mr Obama's May 7 budget request to the US Congress set the administration on a path to breaking its campaign promises to the people of Africa.

Link
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Just add them to the growing list of promises he has already broken in his short term in office..
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Just add them to the growing list of promises he has already broken in his short term in office..
What about all the broken promises from Bush? Did you make a list of them?
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Well gee, it's only been 5 months for Obama, he's gaining ground awfully quickly. Don't you think? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
And those broken promises would be??
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Health care, being a uniter, not a divider, capturing Osama Bin Laden, providing energy assistance to low-income households, attack pork-barrel spending....

Need I go on?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Health care, being a uniter, not a divider, capturing Osama Bin Laden, providing energy assistance to low-income households, attack pork-barrel spending....

Need I go on?
Health care: Medicare prescription plan.. Lowered cost for elderly..
United over 40 countries to help the war on terror..
Bin Laden hasn't been captured but Bush kept him on is heels enough to keep him from carrying out more terror missions.. Clinton had him handed to him but he said no.. WHY??
Energy assistance for the poor is a state issue...But he did provide the states the means to acquire the funds needed..
Tried to curb the pork-barrel spending with a line item veto bill but the left would have none of.. Obama's stimulus bill has more pork included in it than all of the Bush administation spending bills COMBINED..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:32 pm

They're upset because Obama promised $50 billion over five years and instead they're getting $51 billion over six years. He's not breaking any pledges. Sorry.

More about how they are getting more than originally planned.

Budget continues to increase global AIDS funding
By Ian Swanson
Posted: 05/08/09 04:04 PM

President Obama's international affairs budget includes $7.6 billion for global health programs, including $5.6 billion to combat HIV/AIDS.

That compares to $4.8 billion that President Bush included in his final budget for global HIV/AIDS work. Bush made global AIDS relief a central part of his foreign policy, and U.S. funding dramatically increased under his administration.

It appears the U.S. effort will not slow during Obama's administration.

In a release, the State Department said the budget would put the U.S. on a path to double foreign assistance by 2015. "This funding will help the world's weakest states reduce poverty, combat global health threats, promote broad-based economic growth, govern peacefully and expand democracy worldwide," the release said.

On global health issues, the budget would also provide $585 million to support malaria programs, with an eye toward reducing deaths by 50 percent in each of 15 priority countries. Bush's final budget included $300 million for programs on malaria.

Overall, Obama's budget request for international affairs totals $53.9 billion, an increase of 9 percent over fiscal 2009.

It also includes $3.4 billion to address global food security, and $579 million in foreign assistance for climate change. Those funds would promote the adoption of clean energy technology, help countries adapt to climate change and encourage sustainable land and water management around the world.

Obama would work to double the U.S. Agency for International Development workforce of overseas foreign service officers by 2012.

Link
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:50 pm

I guess Obama is going to pay for it out of his own pocket.. Read the May 7 budget.. None of the figures in the linked article are included in that budget..
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:46 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

Need I go on?
Bin Laden hasn't been captured but Bush kept him on is heels enough to keep him from carrying out more terror missions.. Clinton had him handed to him but he said no.. WHY??
Energy assistance for the poor is a state issue...But he did provide the states the means to acquire the funds needed..
Tried to curb the pork-barrel spending with a line item veto bill but the left would have none of.. Obama's stimulus bill has more pork included in it than all of the Bush administation spending bills COMBINED..
Are you aware that the Bush administration provided Congress with a cost estimate for the Medicare prescription drug plan of $400 billion even though it knew at that time the costs of were $551 billion - more than 25% higher. The administration threatened to fire Medicare's top financial analyst (Richard Foster) if he released the information. Two months after the President signed the law, the administration increased its costs estimates to $524 billion. AARP, which worked with the administration in drafting the bill, revealed that these higher estimates were "well known in the fall" but is only now being made public.

Ask yourself why he censored and delayed the 9-11 report. Why would you stick up for this guy?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:20 am

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

Need I go on?
Are you aware that the Bush administration provided Congress with a cost estimate for the Medicare prescription drug plan of $400 billion even though it knew at that time the costs of were $551 billion - more than 25% higher. The administration threatened to fire Medicare's top financial analyst (Richard Foster) if he released the information. Two months after the President signed the law, the administration increased its costs estimates to $524 billion. AARP, which worked with the administration in drafting the bill, revealed that these higher estimates were "well known in the fall" but is only now being made public.

Ask yourself why he censored and delayed the 9-11 report. Why would you stick up for this guy?
Any links to your "info"??
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
http://mediamatters.org/research/200602060004
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:37 pm

AudrBarkley wrote:
Don't you think that might be just a slightly biased source? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Thanks for the link.. Now that I know that Mr. Foster was told to withhold information by lawmakers from BOTH parties it's easier to understand.. Can't pin that one on Bush... Just another back door deal to get a bill passed that I'm sure BOTH parties benefited from.. But I am glad the bill is doing well and is costing LESS than expected. And I know more than several of the elderly who are very grateful to President Bush..
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:48 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
AudrBarkley wrote:
Well, I'm certainly not going to use Faux News. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
AudrBarkley wrote:
Well, I'm certainly not going to use Faux News. Rolling Eyes
Your link proved my point quite well... Maybe you should try Fox..
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Thanks for the link.. Now that I know that Mr. Foster was told to withhold information by lawmakers from BOTH parties it's easier to understand.. Can't pin that one on Bush... Just another back door deal to get a bill passed that I'm sure BOTH parties benefited from.. But I am glad the bill is doing well and is costing LESS than expected. And I know more than several of the elderly who are very grateful to President Bush..
Rolling Eyes

Dispute this too. No
Quote :
Even many in Bush's own party are irritated that the president doesn't think we can be trusted with the truth.

"I went back and read every one of those pages thoroughly," Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., former vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Sunday on "Meet the Press." "My judgment is 95 percent of that information could be declassified, become uncensored so the American people would know."

Asked why he thought the pages were excised, Shelby, a leading pro-administration conservative, said, "I think it might be embarrassing to international relations."

Quite an embarrassment if the censored pages reveal that the Bush administration covered up the Saudi connection to the terrorist attacks.

You can read it here.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Dispute this too. No
Quote :
Even many in Bush's own party are irritated that the president doesn't think we can be trusted with the truth.

"I went back and read every one of those pages thoroughly," Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., former vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Sunday on "Meet the Press." "My judgment is 95 percent of that information could be declassified, become uncensored so the American people would know."

Asked why he thought the pages were excised, Shelby, a leading pro-administration conservative, said, "I think it might be embarrassing to international relations."

Quite an embarrassment if the censored pages reveal that the Bush administration covered up the Saudi connection to the terrorist attacks.

You can read it here.
Easily.. No evidence contained in the link.. It just says IF there was a connection.. Mere speculation..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Dispute this too. No
Quote :

You can read it here.
Easily.. No evidence contained in the link.. It just says IF there was a connection.. Mere speculation..

If you think that Fixed News is the real deal there is really no point and trying to show you anything realistic. Any link she provides, no matter how credible, will not be good enough for you. The only way you'll believe it is if Sean Hannity tells you to. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:28 am

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Dispute this too. No
Quote :

You can read it here.

If you think that Fixed News is the real deal there is really no point and trying to show you anything realistic. Any link she provides, no matter how credible, will not be good enough for you. The only way you'll believe it is if Sean Hannity tells you to. Rolling Eyes
Where did I say her links were not creditable?? I used HER links to discredit her posts, not mine.. Try again... Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'   Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama 'breaks four aid pledges for Africa'
Page 1 of 1