The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama Motors?

Go down 
+2
Big Jake
Mongo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Quote :
The White House is driving General Motors Corp. toward a bankruptcy reorganization that would grant the government as much as a two-thirds stake in the battered automaker, while consigning bondholders and unions to minority shares.

GM's bankruptcy now appears more likely than ever within days as the government declined to significantly increase the share of the company offered to bondholders from the 10 percent level they previous rejected. Meanwhile, the United Auto Workers union revealed that its retiree health care fund would receive no more than a 20 percent share of the company.

Within two months, the U.S. and Canadian governments together under the plan would own nearly 70 percent of the storied Detroit company, which is considered the backbone of the U.S. auto and manufacturing sectors, according to sources familiar with the discussions. Canada would receive a small share in exchange for assisting GM, but the sources declined to be more specific.

Link
Back to top Go down
Big Jake
Homesteader
Homesteader
Big Jake

Location : Life is hard. It's harder if you vote for people who raise taxes.

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:02 pm

I just can't wait to drive one!!

Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:49 pm

What would you do different?
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:27 pm

Big Jake wrote:
Fall Off Chair
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:29 pm

Pat Garrett wrote:
Not bail them out.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:29 am

Just my opinion more and more evidence of a government controlled society. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:32 am

Big Jake wrote:

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. Laughing

I feel sure that Joe Biden was in on the design of that one, it has his expertise all over it.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:32 am

We're getting fleeced my friends! Not only by the current admin, also by the Bush admin in the end. Billions upon billions of dollars the government stole from us and our children has been stuck in a hog's you know what. The current state of the auto industry is a good example of what happens when government tries to run business. THEY FAIL MISERABLY!

There's an election in 2010 folks. No matter how much you like your senator or representative (republican or democrat), VOTE THEM OUT! It's our only chance. We all agree there should be term limits so let's exercise our right to vote and start limiting terms.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 am

SKINNYPIG wrote:
We're getting fleeced my friends! Not only by the current admin, also by the Bush admin in the end. Billions upon billions of dollars the government stole from us and our children has been stuck in a hog's you know what. The current state of the auto industry is a good example of what happens when government tries to run business. THEY FAIL MISERABLY!

There's an election in 2010 folks. No matter how much you like your senator or representative (republican or democrat), VOTE THEM OUT! It's our only chance. We all agree there should be term limits so let's exercise our right to vote and start limiting terms.
I certainly can't argue with this much at all Skinny.
I will definatley do my part in 2010 to try and rid the congress/senate and wherever else I can of any and all the mainly liberal regime that is in place now. There imo needs to be more of a balance of power in D.C..
These major companys, wall street guru's and such are laughing in our Presidents, congress and senates face. They are being bailed out for their own failuires,are laughing at it and spitting in the face by "partying it up" with our money and what does Obama and his band of merry men(and women) do? Of course..........he spends more money, makes perfect sense. Rolling Eyes . They screwed up the first payments so why not send them more of the taxpayers money. Scratch Head Duck!
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Pat Garrett wrote:

Let anyone, and I mean anyone rebuild GM, start a new auto maker all together or whatever...Just as long as the US government doesn't have their meat skinners in it. I don't care what happens in private industry, government has shown me they cannot do better. Plus, BHO has never had to deal with ANY company, business or corp that had anything to do with making a profit. Zilch, when it comes to executive experience. If you owned a company, would you hand it over to Barry and his band of cohorts to run? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:50 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Pat Garrett wrote:

Let anyone, and I mean anyone rebuild GM, start a new auto maker all together or whatever...Just as long as the US government doesn't have their meat skinners in it. I don't care what happens in private industry, government has shown me they cannot do better. Plus, BHO has never had to deal with ANY company, business or corp that had anything to do with making a profit. Zilch, when it comes to executive experience. If you owned a company, would you hand it over to Barry and his band of cohorts to run? I don't think so.
Right again Skinny! A government that did start out with what was an already terrible debt and quadruples it within 4 months is not what I call efficient. Certainly NoBama's "Change".....unless it is for the worse. quicksand

(I guess this job isn't as easy as "community organization", uh? Scratch Head Grin )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obama Motors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Motors?   Obama Motors? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama Motors?
Page 1 of 1