The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. Empty
PostSubject: For those of you who think Pres Obama isn''t doing anything right.   For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:35 am

What do you think of this? I haven't seen any republicans give him props for supporting what they wanted on this site. He's also starting the military tribunals that is supported by republicans and not the liberals. Where's the love? Razz

Obama Seeks to block release of torture photos
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.   For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:37 am

I for one applaud Obama's decision on the photos and the trials at Gitmo.. Also the surge of troops to Afghanistan.. Once Obama started getting the daily security briefings he realized the seriousness of the terrorist threat to our country and backed off on some of his pre-election ideas.. I'm sure he still wants to prosecute the Bush administration over the torture issue but I don't think he will because he would have to prosecute several in his own party starting with Pelosi...
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.   For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:58 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
I for one applaud Obama's decision on the photos and the trials at Gitmo.. Also the surge of troops to Afghanistan.. Once Obama started getting the daily security briefings he realized the seriousness of the terrorist threat to our country and backed off on some of his pre-election ideas.. I'm sure he still wants to prosecute the Bush administration over the torture issue but I don't think he will because he would have to prosecute several in his own party starting with Pelosi...
With you 100%, Lucas!

Obama gets props from me on this also. I'm hoping he also realizes that you can't telegraph weakness to your enemy, they thrive on that. One thing I can assure you of, if there were suddenly attacks on American soil again and chatter that there were plots to kill the president or anyone else in the administration, Obama would be allowing waterboarding.

Gringa, I'm interested in how you feel about Obama's decision.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.   For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Mongo wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
With you 100%, Lucas!

Obama gets props from me on this also. I'm hoping he also realizes that you can't telegraph weakness to your enemy, they thrive on that. One thing I can assure you of, if there were suddenly attacks on American soil again and chatter that there were plots to kill the president or anyone else in the administration, Obama would be allowing waterboarding.

Gringa, I'm interested in how you feel about Obama's decision.

I have mixed feelings about it. People say it's protecting our troops by not allowing the enemy see the horrible things we were doing to their people. Personally I don't see what it really matters. They already know what is happening without the pictures and if we don't prosecute the people who are carrying out the torture it only shows we believe we are above the law. That only creates more people to hate us and want to destroy our country. If they don't release the photos, so be it but they better prosecute the people who were responsible. ALL OF THEM. If it turned out Pelosi was involved she should be sitting in prison next to Cheney and the rest of the scum. And you are wrong about the waterboarding comment. Obama gets threats to his life every day, even before he was president. He won't stoop to that level. He's not a coward.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.   For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:57 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I have mixed feelings about it. People say it's protecting our troops by not allowing the enemy see the horrible things we were doing to their people. Personally I don't see what it really matters. They already know what is happening without the pictures and if we don't prosecute the people who are carrying out the torture it only shows we believe we are above the law. That only creates more people to hate us and want to destroy our country. If they don't release the photos, so be it but they better prosecute the people who were responsible. ALL OF THEM. If it turned out Pelosi was involved she should be sitting in prison next to Cheney and the rest of the scum. And you are wrong about the waterboarding comment. Obama gets threats to his life every day, even before he was president. He won't stoop to that level. He's not a coward.
No, I'm 100% right on this. Like I said, if we were to get hit with terrorist attacks again, especially if it were several attacks, we'd be waterboarding again to try to save American lives. You can bet the farm on that, gringa.
Coward?
1) How does that make him a coward?
2) How do you know he isn't a coward to begin with?

I'm not saying he is a coward, but it's awfully hard to tell if he is or isn't with all of the secret service protecting him 24/7, like all presidents. Wink
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.   For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
No, I'm 100% right on this. Like I said, if we were to get hit with terrorist attacks again, especially if it were several attacks, we'd be waterboarding again to try to save American lives. You can bet the farm on that, gringa.
Coward?
1) How does that make him a coward?
2) How do you know he isn't a coward to begin with?

I'm not saying he is a coward, but it's awfully hard to tell if he is or isn't with all of the secret service protecting him 24/7, like all presidents. Wink

Typical. Republicans are always 100% right in their own minds. Who Me?
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.   For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:48 am

gringaloca wrote:
Typical. Republicans are always 100% right in their own minds. Who Me?
No, I'm just not naive enough to think otherwise. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.   For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those of you who think Pres Obama isn't doing anything right.
Page 1 of 1