The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For the republicans...

Go down 
+2
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

For the republicans... Empty
PostSubject: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:17 pm

What would President Obama have to do to make you say that he was a good president?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Here's a good start..
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

2. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
3. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

4. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

5. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.

6. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.

7. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

8. You cannot establish security on borrowed money.

9. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man’s initiative and independence.

10. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Although written nearly a hundred years ago, these principles apply today more than ever.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Here's a good start..
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

2. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
3. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

4. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

5. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.

6. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.

7. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

8. You cannot establish security on borrowed money.

9. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man’s initiative and independence.

10. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Although written nearly a hundred years ago, these principles apply today more than ever.

Nice list, although they are all what NOT to do. Per gringa's question, what do you want him TO do?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Maybe just to abide to at least a few of those words.. He's 0 for 10 right now..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Maybe just to abide to at least a few of those words.. He's 0 for 10 right now..

Which words are these?
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
thumb You made a very good list and I also agree in that he could start by abiding or at least attempting just a few on that list. Obama imo gives the american people no credit whatsoever, his regime wants complete government control in every aspect of our lives. At least that is what it seems, he has shown nothing else.

I could add one more to your list.............Start bowing to Americans and caring what the people of this country (that you were elected to serve) think and want instead of foriegn kings that basically want to destroy our way of life to justify their own.
Also, America owes aplogies to no one, we have freed countless people and nations through the years with our blood, sweat and tears with little to no help from anyone only to be condemmed for it by most of the ones that president Obama is "kissing up" to. Show them respect.....certainly. Apologize for what was nothing done wrong..........NO! My opinion is that Obama "spit" in the face of every American and especially every brave man or woman that has ever served ths great nation as well of the ones that paid the ultimate price...their own life. My personal opinion is that this new "democratic" party is "the party of the people no more". The Dems (especially this administration) are far more pompass and arrogant than what they were always accusing the G.O.P of and that is pecisely why I left around 12-13 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 pm

The Drifter wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
thumb You made a very good list and I also agree in that he could start by abiding or at least attempting just a few on that list. Obama imo gives the american people no credit whatsoever, his regime wants complete government control in every aspect of our lives. At least that is what it seems, he has shown nothing else.

I could add one more to your list.............Start bowing to Americans and caring what the people of this country (that you were elected to serve) think and want instead of foriegn kings that basically want to destroy our way of life to justify their own.
Also, America owes aplogies to no one, we have freed countless people and nations through the years with our blood, sweat and tears with little to no help from anyone only to be condemmed for it by most of the ones that president Obama is "kissing up" to. Show them respect.....certainly. Apologize for what was nothing done wrong..........NO! My opinion is that Obama "spit" in the face of every American and especially every brave man or woman that has ever served ths great nation as well of the ones that paid the ultimate price...their own life. My personal opinion is that this new "democratic" party is "the party of the people no more". The Dems (especially this administration) are far more pompass and arrogant than what they were always accusing the G.O.P of and that is pecisely why I left around 12-13 years ago.

I'll have to disagree with a great deal of this. First, I do agree that our country has done MANY great thing for MANY people around the world. However, I also admire people that can admit when they have made a mistake and I certainly feel that we as a country have made mistakes. Apologizing for when we have wronged someone is a sign of strength, not of weakness. To continue "it's my way or the highway" attitude of the past would do nothing but continue to create divides between us and the rest of the world. We do not exist on this planet alone.

The Saudi king that President Obama "bowed" to is the same one that President G.W. Bush held hands with. As far as I know, the Saudis are not our enemies. Heck, we even allowed them special airspace on 9/11 to fly out of the country when all other planes except for Air Force One was grounded.

I also don't understand how apologizing works in with the pompass/arrogant comments. I've never known pompass/arrogant people to apologize. That's more of the "I'm alway right" crew.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:36 pm

The Drifter wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I don't know what he has done to make you hate him so much but geez. Pretty extreme. To say he needs to not care what other countries think, that he should be bowing to Americans and quit spitting in their faces...I just can't wrap my brain around what you are saying. It's apparent that the Obama you seem to see isn't the same one that I have seen and is currently our president. confused
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
The Drifter wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I'll have to disagree with a great deal of this. First, I do agree that our country has done MANY great thing for MANY people around the world. However, I also admire people that can admit when they have made a mistake and I certainly feel that we as a country have made mistakes. Apologizing for when we have wronged someone is a sign of strength, not of weakness. To continue "it's my way or the highway" attitude of the past would do nothing but continue to create divides between us and the rest of the world. We do not exist on this planet alone.

The Saudi king that President Obama "bowed" to is the same one that President G.W. Bush held hands with. As far as I know, the Saudis are not our enemies. Heck, we even allowed them special airspace on 9/11 to fly out of the country when all other planes except for Air Force One was grounded.

I also don't understand how apologizing works in with the pompass/arrogant comments. I've never known pompass/arrogant people to apologize. That's more of the "I'm alway right" crew.

I'm with you on this... thumb
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:26 am

I'll have more later, getting ready to go to work.

Stop the bailouts.

No government controlled health care.

Leave guns alone!

Stop campaigning and start doing your job, quit blaming the last administration for everything (it's getting a bit childish).
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:03 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
I'll have more later, getting ready to go to work.

Stop the bailouts.

No government controlled health care.

Leave guns alone!

Stop campaigning and start doing your job, quit blaming the last administration for everything (it's getting a bit childish).
All very good suggestions.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:40 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
The Drifter wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I can respect your opinion and the fact that you disagree with me. You do it in a very respectful manner and I am more than fine with that thumb . I feel that we (U.S.) has absolutely nothing to apologize for, there are plenty of people/countries that should be apologizing to us and not the other way around. These other countries do not "exist on this planet alone" either although I feel Obama is putting them ahead of our own (his own) country. G. Bush "holding hands" (and btw, I didn't like that either) imo is a far cry to bowing into submission, showing weakness to the world. Again, the U.S. bows to no one.
Should you consider my comments on apologizing/pompass then I may not have made it clear. I did not mean to equate the two at all. I meant to say that the democrartic party of today (which I am proud to no longer be apart of) are the most pompass, arrogant attitudes anywhere in this country. I don't think they can come close to relating to the common man as the dems once were known for many years ago, long before Clinton administration or the"Slick Willy's Cigar Emporium" as I call it Laughing, just kidding, don't anyone get excited.

So, I respect your opinion and we can just agree to disgree on alot of things. Annie, you have shown respect as well and I appreciate that. Because we disagree on some political views/policies doesn't mean we dislike one another. I actually like and repect your post. thumb
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:58 am

gringaloca wrote:

I don't know what he has done to make you hate him so much but geez. Pretty extreme. To say he needs to not care what other countries think, that he should be bowing to Americans and quit spitting in their faces...I just can't wrap my brain around what you are saying. It's apparent that the Obama you seem to see isn't the same one that I have seen and is currently our president. confused
First of all, I don't think that I mentioned the words "I hate Obama" in any of my post on any thread so that is something that I just did not ever say Rolling Eyes , if I did then I was in the wrong. I do not personally "hate" Obama. I will say that I despise most of his policies and I feel that he will eventually ruin this country with the way that he is going. I don't equate hating them man personally to voicing strong opposing opinions to his policies and administrations agenda. I personally can seperate the two.

I do agree with you in that the Obama that you see and the one that I see are vastly different.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:17 am

Again, we're getting a lot of what NOT to do...but what do you want him TO do?
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Again, we're getting a lot of what NOT to do...but what do you want him TO do?
Mine were things I want him to do. I worded the health care one wrong, but you get the gist.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:28 pm

Here's just a few more...

I want him to tell Muslims and other non-Christians to educate themselves more effectively on Christianity.

I want him to stop with the class envy peddling.

I want him to push for nuclear energy.

I want him to stop the death tax.

I would like to see him legalize marijuana.

I would LOVE to see him move more toward anti-abortion.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Here's just a few more...

I want him to tell Muslims and other non-Christians to educate themselves more effectively on Christianity.

I want him to stop with the class envy peddling.

I want him to push for nuclear energy.

I want him to stop the death tax.

I would like to see him legalize marijuana.

I would LOVE to see him move more toward anti-abortion.

I certainly think that all religions should educate themselves more on other religions. The single best class that I took in college was Introduction to Religious Studies. We focused on Judeo-Christian beliefs, Islam, Native American religions, Hinduism and Buddism.

Can you give me some examples of what you consider class envy peddling?

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for a push toward using nuclear energy.

I agree with stopping/reducing the death tax.

I am lukewarm on the legalization of marijuana.

I would love to see everyone work more on reducing unwanted pregnancies and helping woman (mostly young) see the benefit in options besides abortion.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:10 pm

The Drifter wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
The Drifter wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I can respect your opinion and the fact that you disagree with me. You do it in a very respectful manner and I am more than fine with that thumb . I feel that we (U.S.) has absolutely nothing to apologize for, there are plenty of people/countries that should be apologizing to us and not the other way around. These other countries do not "exist on this planet alone" either although I feel Obama is putting them ahead of our own (his own) country. G. Bush "holding hands" (and btw, I didn't like that either) imo is a far cry to bowing into submission, showing weakness to the world. Again, the U.S. bows to no one.
Should you consider my comments on apologizing/pompass then I may not have made it clear. I did not mean to equate the two at all. I meant to say that the democrartic party of today (which I am proud to no longer be apart of) are the most pompass, arrogant attitudes anywhere in this country. I don't think they can come close to relating to the common man as the dems once were known for many years ago, long before Clinton administration or the"Slick Willy's Cigar Emporium" as I call it Laughing, just kidding, don't anyone get excited.

So, I respect your opinion and we can just agree to disgree on alot of things. Annie, you have shown respect as well and I appreciate that. Because we disagree on some political views/policies doesn't mean we dislike one another. I actually like and repect your post. thumb

Thanks, Drifter. I certainly think that we can all debate the issues in a respectful manner! thumb
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:46 pm

So, you want him to become a republican in order for you to believe his presidency was a success? He came into this race saying he wanted universal health-care. He isn't a fan of abortion. He wants to educate people on how to avoid unwanted pregnancies so there will be less abortions. I don't understand the class envy peddling comment. I need some examples of this and how he is supposed to stop it. He has been in the middle east talking about how we need to understand each other better and trying to mend relationships between Muslims and Christians so he's already doing that. As far as legalizing marijuana, the conservative base of the republican party will keep that from happening. And as far as not apologizing for the things we've done wrong... Trying to make things right isn't a sign of weakness. Being unable to admit fault in anything we've done wrong is just a sign of weak minds. We are not some special country that lives above the law and can do whatever we want and then get a free pass because we are the big USA. We are a part of the global community. We are not better than anyone else. If we don't fix the wrongs we have done we are just showing that we are the most "pompass, arrogant" people who walk the earth.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:51 pm

The Drifter wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

First of all, I don't think that I mentioned the words "I hate Obama" in any of my post on any thread so that is something that I just did not ever say Rolling Eyes , if I did then I was in the wrong. I do not personally "hate" Obama. I will say that I despise most of his policies and I feel that he will eventually ruin this country with the way that he is going. I don't equate hating them man personally to voicing strong opposing opinions to his policies and administrations agenda. I personally can seperate the two.

I do agree with you in that the Obama that you see and the one that I see are vastly different.

There is nothing this man says or does that some will agree with. Every move he makes certain people belittle. I don't think it really matters if he turns out to be one of the greatest presidents of our time, there will be certain people who will never like him simply because he's a democrat. It doesn't matter if he fixes every problem that the previous administration left for him. It doesn't matter if he creates thousands of jobs and decreases taxes for the middle class. It doesn't matter if he makes sure that all American citizens can get health-care and doesn't end up in bankruptcy court afterwards. It doesn't matter if he calms tensions with our enemies. Nothing he does will ever be good enough. It's a sad fact. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I certainly think that all religions should educate themselves more on other religions. The single best class that I took in college was Introduction to Religious Studies. We focused on Judeo-Christian beliefs, Islam, Native American religions, Hinduism and Buddism.
I agree, I just wish he'd say it.

Annie Oakley wrote:
Can you give me some examples of what you consider class envy peddling?
His comparisons between CEOs and average worker salaries. His constant expectations of the "upper class" paying the way for the "lower class".

Annie Oakley wrote:
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for a push toward using nuclear energy.
thumb

Annie Oakley wrote:
I agree with stopping/reducing the death tax.
thumb

Annie Oakley wrote:
I am lukewarm on the legalization of marijuana.
I just think it's due, it's no worse than alcohol and we could free up a lot of jail space for real criminals. We could also tax it, plus it would be a great crop for Kentucky and other states.

Annie Oakley wrote:
I would love to see everyone work more on reducing unwanted pregnancies and helping woman (mostly young) see the benefit in options besides abortion.
thumb
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:58 pm

gringaloca wrote:
So, you want him to become a republican in order for you to believe his presidency was a success? He came into this race saying he wanted universal health-care. He isn't a fan of abortion. He wants to educate people on how to avoid unwanted pregnancies so there will be less abortions. I don't understand the class envy peddling comment. I need some examples of this and how he is supposed to stop it. He has been in the middle east talking about how we need to understand each other better and trying to mend relationships between Muslims and Christians so he's already doing that. As far as legalizing marijuana, the conservative base of the republican party will keep that from happening. And as far as not apologizing for the things we've done wrong... Trying to make things right isn't a sign of weakness. Being unable to admit fault in anything we've done wrong is just a sign of weak minds. We are not some special country that lives above the law and can do whatever we want and then get a free pass because we are the big USA. We are a part of the global community. We are not better than anyone else. If we don't fix the wrongs we have done we are just showing that we are the most "pompass, arrogant" people who walk the earth.
No, I wan't him to at least be a moderate.
I know, and universal health care is one of the reasons I'm not a big fan.
His record on abortion is appalling.
See above post for the class envy comment.
He hasn't said that they need to educate themselves on Christianity, but he has said we need to educate ourselves on Islam. Is is asking too much?
Not fair blaming the Republicans about the marijuana issue when Obama himself said it shouldn't be legal.
We'll see how "strong" he is with Korea. Apologizing and appeasing people that want you dead will get you now where except, well....dead.
Who has apologized for 911?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
He hasn't said that they need to educate themselves on Christianity, but he has said we need to educate ourselves on Islam. Is is asking too much?
Not fair blaming the Republicans about the marijuana issue when Obama himself said it shouldn't be legal.
We'll see how "strong" he is with Korea. Apologizing and appeasing people that want you dead will get you now where except, well....dead.

But...9/11 wasn't an act of a government.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

You are going to have to excuse me for now because I'm not able to think clearly. I'm having some problems with my insulin and it gives me brain fog. I have a hard time processing things. Could you give me an example of his abortion record? And what makes it appalling? As far as them educating themselves about Christianity..I don't understand what you mean. I know that as a country of mostly Christians that we haven't been taught a great deal about Islam. But do you believe that they honestly don't know what Christianity is? As far as Obama being against legalizing marijuana. It would have been political suicide if Obama came out in support of legalization of marijuana while he was running. He would have been burnt at the stake. Now is the time to re-introduce the idea. It could very well make millions for the states that grow it and would be great news for farmers. As far as Korea goes, I didn't know we were apologizing to them about anything. I thought we were trying to be diplomat to avoid having to attack them. Diplomacy is the way to go. Once we have exhausted that only then should we stoop to their level and begin threatening them with military action. And as far as anyone apologizing for 9-11... Who do you want to apologize for it?

As far as the class warfare stuff. Do you think it's wrong to make rich fat cats pay their fair share? I guess I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who couldn't give a rats rear about me or my family. They aren't hurting, they can afford to pay the taxes (which many of them have avoided all together). Why does the common man come to the aid of the rich man, when the rich man could care less if the common man is starving? Doesn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Obama is the most pro-murder politician in our time.. He voted against the partial birth abortion ban TWICE.. Here is some more on his appalling record..
http://www.ontheissues.org/Social/Barack_Obama_Abortion.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the republicans...   For the republicans... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the republicans...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next