The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama Empty
PostSubject: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:17 pm

In the first in a series of posts on the 2012 landscape, former Bush and McCain strategist Mark McKinnon handicaps 11 Republicans—and explains why Obama might not be a lock for two terms.

Handicapper Corner’s Top 10, Plus One Longshot:
1. Mitt Romney. Republicans like orderly succession, and he’s got the $$.
2. Tim Pawlenty. Reformer, populist elected in a blue state.
3. John Thune. Central casting and liked by all factions.
4. Mike Huckabee. A national show and evangelical base.
5. Sarah Palin. The juice and interest level of an American Idol finalist.
6. Mark Sanford. Pork-busting fiscal conservative from key state (South Carolina).
7. Bobby Jindal. He seems to be saying, “Wait,” and may be one of the few who can.
8. Newt Gingrich. No one understands better how to start a revolution.
9. Jon Huntsman. Brilliant move by Obama keeping his friends close and his enemies in China. But if he solves an early crisis and comes home, look out.
10. John Ensign. A U.S senator spending time in Iowa. ’Nuff said.
Longshot: Jeb Bush. Never count out a Bush out of GOP politics (George P.’s nickname is “47”).

Link
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:33 pm

God help us all if another Bush gets in office. Of course, Jeb seems to be a lot more intelligent than George W. If we elect another Bush we might as well go old school and they can be the new royal family for the United States. king rofl
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:33 pm

1, 5, and 8 are definite "no's" for me. I'd be open to the possibility of the others.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Believe it or not, I kinda like Mike Huckabee at times. I'm with you on 1, 5 and 8. Add 7 to that list for me. His speech about volcano's, etc. really turned me off. He's kinda out there. Scratch Head
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
1, 5, and 8 are definite "no's" for me. I'd be open to the possibility of the others.
What about Romney turns you off?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Mongo wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
What about Romney turns you off?

Nothing personal, just that he is pretty hard core conservative and I am a left leaning moderate. It may be that I could "stand" him, but would likely not vote for him.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:38 pm

I don't like him and apparently neither does McCain, who called him a pig. Rush Limbaugh doesn't like him (which means maybe I should, lol), and Giulianni said government spending in his state grew by 8% in the 4 years he was in office.

I just think he looks like a plastic Ken doll. Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
In the first in a series of posts on the 2012 landscape, former Bush and McCain strategist Mark McKinnon handicaps 11 Republicans—and explains why Obama might not be a lock for two terms.

Handicapper Corner’s Top 10, Plus One Longshot:
1. Mitt Romney. Republicans like orderly succession, and he’s got the $$.
2. Tim Pawlenty. Reformer, populist elected in a blue state.
3. John Thune. Central casting and liked by all factions.
4. Mike Huckabee. A national show and evangelical base.
5. Sarah Palin. The juice and interest level of an American Idol finalist.
6. Mark Sanford. Pork-busting fiscal conservative from key state (South Carolina).
7. Bobby Jindal. He seems to be saying, “Wait,” and may be one of the few who can.
8. Newt Gingrich. No one understands better how to start a revolution.
9. Jon Huntsman. Brilliant move by Obama keeping his friends close and his enemies in China. But if he solves an early crisis and comes home, look out.
10. John Ensign. A U.S senator spending time in Iowa. ’Nuff said.
Longshot: Jeb Bush. Never count out a Bush out of GOP politics (George P.’s nickname is “47”).

Link

Ba-bye number 10. Another one bites the dust..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama   11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

11 Republicans Who Could Challenge Obama
Page 1 of 1