The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting...   Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting...   Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:21 am

Wow... So now we are not good Christians if we don't agree with Obama... Rolling Eyes He said a bunch of good things about health care reform that I agree with... But why does he say one thing and the bill he supports says another?

Example:He says, “If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan. Nothing that we’re doing obligates you to choose any plan other than the one that you have.”

But his “plan” has not been published anywhere and the only written plan, House bill H.B. 3200, says that if you or your insurer makes any changes in your plan, it has to be changed to the government plan. And, H.R. 3200 says that all plans must be change to the government plan five years after the bill is effective. So, you can’t keep your plan.

Example:The President says, “I don’t want government bureaucrats meddling
g in your health care”. But, the stimulus bill contains funds for studies to determine what treatments doctors will be allowed to offer, and H.R. 3200 sets up medical panels to tell doctors what treatments are acceptable to the plan. It sure sounds like “meddling in my health care”
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting...   Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Wow... So now we are not good Christians if we don't agree with Obama... Rolling Eyes He said a bunch of good things about health care reform that I agree with... But why does he say one thing and the bill he supports says another?

Example:He says, “If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan. Nothing that we’re doing obligates you to choose any plan other than the one that you have.”

But his “plan” has not been published anywhere and the only written plan, House bill H.B. 3200, says that if you or your insurer makes any changes in your plan, it has to be changed to the government plan. And, H.R. 3200 says that all plans must be change to the government plan five years after the bill is effective. So, you can’t keep your plan.

Example:The President says, “I don’t want government bureaucrats meddling
g in your health care”. But, the stimulus bill contains funds for studies to determine what treatments doctors will be allowed to offer, and H.R. 3200 sets up medical panels to tell doctors what treatments are acceptable to the plan. It sure sounds like “meddling in my health care”

It does not say it has to be changed to the government plan if your plan at work changes. Rolling Eyes
And he isn't saying that people are bad christians if they don't agree with him. The only one who is saying your are a bad Christian is you. You are putting words in his mouth and spinning this whole situation. My feeling as a Christian is that Jesus taught us to care about our fellow man. He said "Distribute ALL you have to the poor and come follow me." He also taught that it was a sin to lie which is taking place on a daily basis for those peddling fear to the right. I believe in the Christian creed on health-care reform which states.....

Quote :
As one of God's children, I believe that protecting the health of each human being is a profoundly important personal and communal responsibility for people of faith.

I believe God created each person in the divine image to be spiritually and physically healthy. I feel the pain of sickness and disease in our broken world (Genesis 1:27, Romans 8:22).

I believe life and healing are core tenets of the Christian life. Christ's ministry included physical healing, and we are called to participate in God's new creation as instruments of healing and redemption (Matthew 4:23, Luke 9:1-6; Mark 7:32-35, Acts 10:38). Our nation should strive to ensure all people have access to life-giving treatments and care.

I believe, as taught by the Hebrew prophets and Jesus, that the measure of a society is seen in how it treats the most vulnerable. The current discussion about health-care reform is important for the United States to move toward a more just system of providing care to all people (Isaiah 1:16-17, Jeremiah 7:5-7, Matthew 25:31-45).

I believe that all people have a moral obligation to tell the truth. To serve the common good of our entire nation, all parties debating reform should tell the truth and refrain from distorting facts or using fear-based messaging (Leviticus 19:11; Ephesians 4:14-15, 25; Proverbs 6:16-19).

I believe that Christians should seek to bring health and well-being (shalom) to the society into which God has placed us, for a healthy society benefits all members (Jeremiah 29:7).

I believe in a time when all will live long and healthy lives, from infancy to old age (Isaiah 65:20), and "mourning and crying and pain will be no more" (Revelation 21:4). My heart breaks for my brothers and sisters who watch their loved ones suffer, or who suffer themselves, because they cannot afford a trip to the doctor. I stand with them in their suffering.

I believe health-care reform must rest on a foundation of values that affirm each and every life as a sacred gift from the Creator (Genesis 2:7).

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting...   Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:48 am

Exactly... The PEOPLE should do it, not the GOVERNMENT....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting...   Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:50 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Exactly... The PEOPLE should do it, not the GOVERNMENT....

The problem with that the government works for "the people", not the other way around. Not to mention that if so many people were so giving, there wouldn't be other people filing for bankruptcy for medical bills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting...   Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listening to Obama live...Christian meeting...
Page 1 of 1