The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Powell Comments on Obama

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

Powell Comments on Obama Empty
PostSubject: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:26 pm

Budget and taxation out of control.. Gee, who would have guessed.. http://news.aol.com/article/colin-powell-cautions-obama-on-big/556217
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:46 pm

He also thinks it's time to end "don't ask, don't tell".

Quote :
Former State Secretary Colin Powell and Admiral Mike Mullen, the chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, on Sunday became the latest military figures to suggest that the US military’s “don’t ask don’t tell” policy on homosexuals in the armed forces may have run its course.

Powell told CNN’s State of the Union that the Clinton-era law, designed to end a ban on gays in the military, was “correct for the time” but that “a lot has changed with respect to attitudes in our country, so I think this is a policy and a law that should be reviewed.”

Adding to that sentiment were the words of Adm. Mullen, who told CNN’s John King that, while the military will continue to enforce the policy so long as it is law, “it’s clear what President Obama’s intent here is — he intends to see this law changed.”

Besides, I thought Colin was a democrat now. That's what Dick Cheney said. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:09 pm

What does don't ask, don't tell have to do with an out of control budget and ridicules tax hikes?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:52 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
What does don't ask, don't tell have to do with an out of control budget and ridicules tax hikes?? Laughing

Oh, it's another one of those threads. I thought we already had two or three going on taxes, cap and trade and taxes, and some more taxes. I thought the subject was Colin. He also said that W screwed up the war in Iraq today. He's speaking up a lot this weekend. silent
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:57 am

Don't forget that Powell was one of the strongest supporters for the war... He stated over and over that Iraq WAS a threat.. Laughing Laughing Powell must be a Dem. the way he's flip-flopping to please the left... Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Don't forget that Powell was one of the strongest supporters for the war... He stated over and over that Iraq WAS a threat.. Laughing Laughing Powell must be a Dem. the way he's flip-flopping to please the left... Laughing

Naw, he's not a democrat. I'm sure that the republicans wish that he was but he's all yours...flip floppy and all. And why do you keep characterizing democrats as the only ones who flip flop, guess, etc? Can't you see politicians for what they really are? Republicans and democrats have more in common than not. That's why I'm not either. Show me a totally honest politician and I'll pledge my love to Dick Cheney. Razz Razz Anyway, Colin went before the UN because he had been totally convinced by those in the Bush Administration that Hussein had WMD. He was their patsy. He was their fall guy if their "guesses" ended up being wrong. That's the reason you didn't see Dick Cheney or his ilk addressing the UN on the subject. They certainly weren't going to be the ones sticking their necks out for the chopping block. I sorta feel sorry for Colin but I just remind myself that he could have said no and investigated the matter further but instead he believed the lies. That unjust war is what sent this country into the financial free fall that it's in now. You can blame Obama all you want for the deficit but the fact is that Clinton left us with an enormous surplus and Bush Co. blew it all to hell on a war that was totally based on lies and guesses. Blame the source of the problem, not the person trying to fix it that had nothing to do with it. bigears The people who created this problem are the reason that our grandchildren will still be paying for this war and economic meltdown many years from now. All we can do is pray that Obama's ideas work. Right now I think republicans want him to fail just so they can say "I told you so". I'm not willing to admit failure until it actually fails. Besides, it's sorta stupid praying that he is wrong because if he is...we are all in the same boat together. Republican, democrat....it doesn't matter. We'll all be down the tubes, so you better hope he is right for your own sake. Nobody has the 100% solution to the mess Bush left us but it's not like anyone should be surprised. Every thing that Bush touched before he was president failed. pale
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Show me a totally honest politician and I'll pledge my love to Dick Cheney.

Agreed.. And Obama is heading towards the top of the list..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Show me a totally honest politician and I'll pledge my love to Dick Cheney.

Agreed.. And Obama is heading towards the top of the list..

What makes him worse than anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Because he started his lies even before he was elected so he's got a big head start...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:46 pm

Other politicians are truthful before they are elected? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:13 am

The one that tells the most lies is usually the one elected.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powell Comments on Obama   Powell Comments on Obama I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powell Comments on Obama
Page 1 of 1