The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter

Go down 
+7
The Drifter
SKINNYPIG
Mongo
Audra Barkley
Annie Oakley
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 Michelle-obama What if you had to wake up to this every morning. rofl rofl

I think that Mrs. Obama is quite pretty. I also thought that Laura Bush was lovely.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:32 pm

^ I know. I was just being mean.. She is a lot prettier than this photo...
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
^ I know. I was just being mean.. She is a lot prettier than this photo...

Prove it Lucas! Post us a "prettier" one out of your collection. Please. Grin
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:40 pm

If you insist.
What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 Michelleobamayearbook
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:44 pm

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 Michel10

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 Michel11

She's beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Seriously. She's alright.
What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 Michelle-obama-portrait
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:49 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Seriously. She's alright.
What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 Michelle-obama-portrait

Yep! She's hot.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm just glad people aren't snapping photos of me all day long. Chase
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I'm just glad people aren't snapping photos of me all day long. Chase

No kidding! It's hard looking perfect and happy 24/7. flower
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:24 am

Personally, she doesn't do much for me. But then, why should that matter?
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:

Exactly. I once asked an acquaintance of mine who was an "undecided" during the Bush/Kerry elections who should would vote for. She said she couldn't stand voting for Kerry because he had a horse face. I just stood there looking at her. Like looks are supposed to mean ANYTHING when it comes to brains and who will best represent us. I told her that if that was such a big deal why would she want to vote for someone who looked like a chimpanzee in many ways, she laughed and said "monkeys are cute". Blows my mind how weird people can be. doh
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Question: Why is it OK to say Bush looks like a Chimp but racist if you say Obama looks like a Chimp???? Anyone??
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Question: Why is it OK to say Bush looks like a Chimp but racist if you say Obama looks like a Chimp???? Anyone??

Probably for historical reasons. A common racist theme used against blacks.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

Thanks Annie for explaining this to him. Racists use apes/monkeys as comparisons for blacks all the time. I feel that certain people are making arguments over things that are quite obvious to 99% of Americans who have had to live in this world day to day. I'm not going to continue explaining myself over such obvious things. We aren't in second grade here. doh
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Same thing to me.. Both are intended to degrade.. One is no better than the other..
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Same thing to me.. Both are intended to degrade.. One is no better than the other..

I see what you are saying. However, are you supporting the USE of it in either case or saying that in EITHER case it is wrong?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:59 pm

^ Wrong in either case...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm

So, is a person a racists if they say that John Kerry looks like a horse? rofl Please. We all know the connotations about blacks and apes. Why do you think they threw such a cow about that repugs comments about Michelle's cousin escaping from the zoo and those pics of Obama as a chimp a few months ago. Let's not play dumb here.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Hatred and intolerance runs both ways.. Same as racism.. Calling Bush a chimp shows the same hatred as racism.. If it wasn't meant to degrade and show intolerance why use the comparison? I mean we are not in the second grade here are we??
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:34 pm

The problem is understanding if it is hatred/intolerance or meant to just be a joke. If you don't mind, I'm going to use one of your most recent quotes. Next to photo of Mrs. Obama snapped at a moment in which she wasn't looking her best, you put "What if you had to wake up to this every morning?" Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was a joke or hatred until you later posted a lovely photo of her and said something to the effect of "in all honestly, she's really pretty." (paraphrasing that one)

Where is the line? How do we know what is hatred and what is meant as a joke? I remember a photo of President Bush side beside with a photo of a chimp. Their body language was the same, including head tilt, facial expression, etc. I thought that the comparision was funny, though I certainly did not hate President Bush.

I just don't know where the line between joke/hatred comes in. I do know phrases/jokes that are traditionally racist and I certainly stay away from those and I assume that those that use them against someone of that race MEANS to be racist.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:57 pm

I've seen the same comparison photo with Obama and a chimp.. Almost as funny as the Bush one.. Does that make me racist?? And you are right. Sometimes it's hard to tell a joke from hatred or racism...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
I've seen the same comparison photo with Obama and a chimp.. Almost as funny as the Bush one.. Does that make me racist?? And you are right. Sometimes it's hard to tell a joke from hatred or racism...

If you want to say that Obama is ugly, that isn't a racist remark. If you want to say Obama looks like a monkey, that is racist. It comes down to the fact chimps are dark skinned and most come from Africa. That isn't the case with whites. I think you can make fun of people without stooping to racial comments. Skin-heads, nazis and other white supremacist have compared blacks to monkeys/apes for a long time. It's not the same as saying they look ugly, it's racial. As far as Bush goes, he does look like a chimp in many ways and makes faces like a chimp. There is even a website dedicated to it. Bush or Chimp Website
Frankly, I don't think Obama looks like a monkey or any other animal that comes to mind. Personally I think he's pretty attractive and find his big ears endearing. I guess if you were going to compare him to anything it would have to be Dumbo or something. Razz But I think Dumbo is cute. hee hee. When he was touring the pyramids he joked about his ears and recently on the colbert report he joked about being able to hear Colbert in Iraq with his big ears. I can see making fun of things like that because it's not full of hate and not racist but there is a line. For me the line is usually pretty obvious.

Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:48 pm

As any observer of far-right blogger Lawrence Auster knows (and I observe him the way birdwatchers gaze upon the yellow-bellied sapsucker), Mr. Auster resents the suggestion that he harbors an irrational animus toward black people... that he is a bigot.

He especially resents my suggestion of it, which prompted David Horowitz to exclude Auster from FrontPage Magazine. (Oh, such drama!)

How ironic, then, that Auster’s blog would welcome commenters who compare black people to monkeys.

On Saturday, Auster linked to this curious BBC story about an pack of vervet monkeys terrorizing a Kenyan village, stealing the people’s crops and mocking their women.

The villagers cannot kill any of these monkeys because that’s a crime; the vervets are protected by the Kenya Wildlife Service. So some villagers have abandoned their homes and farms. “I beg you,” said one village elder, “please come and take these animals away from here so that we can farm in peace.”

Auster didn’t remark on this article beyond pointing to it as “a weird story.”

But some of his readers saw it as a metaphor.

Mark J. wrote (with sarcasm): “I suppose the reason the monkeys are so aggressive and anti-social is that they were raised in deprivation and poverty. If only we would try harder to understand their pain, and maybe implement some after-school programs for them.”

Robert B. wrote (without sarcasm): “[T]his whole thing sounds a lot like life in the American ghetto. Males absent from what should be their role as protectors, women caring for the home, children and the ‘crop’ (welfare check)--the source of revenue. And of course, the monkeys themselves, who appear to act like American rappers (and their ‘wannabe’ emulators) with their gesturing at... their genitals.

“All in all, we can see African culture at its base.”

The blacks-as-monkeys metaphor didn’t draw a response from Mr. Auster, except that he highlighted Robert B.’s comment on his main page: “(Check out Robert B.’s analogy between Kenyan farms and the American inner city.)”

Perhaps Auster sees nothing objectionable in the comparison. Perhaps he’s not alone.

But it reminds me of an old text I recently discovered online – “The Negro: What Is His Ethnological Status?” It was published in 1867 under the pseudonym “Ariel.” In fact, the author was a Southern clergyman, the Rev. Buckner H. Payne of Nashville, Tenn.

Rev. Payne argued that Negroes weren’t descended from Adam and Eve.

“... Adam and Eve being white, ... they could never be the father or mother of the kinky-headed, low forehead, flat nose, thick lip and black-skinned negro...”

The minister continued: “[I]t follows, beyond all the reasonings of men on earth to controvert, that [the negro] was created before Adam, that, like all beasts and cattle, they have no souls.”

Rev. Payne then broke it down scientifically: “[W]e take up the monkey, and trace him ... through his upward and advancing orders – baboon, ourang-outang and gorilla, up to the negro, another noble animal, the noblest of the beast creation. The difference between these higher orders of the monkey and the negro is very slight, and consists mainly in this one thing: the negro can utter sounds that can be imitated; hence he could talk with Adam and Eve, for they could imitate his sounds.”

(You can download the full 48-page text of Buckner Payne’s “The Negro” as a PDF file, courtesy of Google, by following this link.)

To me, it’s no coincidence that this description of blacks as non-human was published in 1867 – after the South lost the Civil War. Southern whites didn’t have to bother defining Negroes as animals while they were enslaved. But once the Negro was free – and politically empowered during Reconstruction – that’s when the defeated white Southerner felt the need (psychologically, not just politically) to put forth this ugly idea.

And guess what? When white Southerners reclaimed their political dominance and disenfranchised black people, the monkey thing stuck.

In 1900, Charles Carroll published a book building upon Buckner Payne’s. “The Negro a Beast” cites the Apostle Paul’s declaration that “there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts.” Carroll wrote: “[I]t becomes plain that the dog, the swine and the negro all belong to one kind of flesh – the flesh of beasts.”

He argued further that the “red, yellow and brown” races resulted from the “amalgamation” of whites and blacks. Therefore, all those non-whites aren’t human either. To argue otherwise, according to Carroll, was a blasphemy equal Darwin’s theory of evolution:

“This modern church theory that the negro and the mixed-bloods are included in the Plan of Salvation is another result of putting man and the ape in the same family.”

(Charles Carroll wasn’t a clergyman, but there are many references to him as “Professor.” I haven’t been able to find out where he was a professor, or what his field of scholarship was.)

Carroll’s book was sold door-to-door to across the South and was “enormously influential,” according to Jane Dailey, a Johns Hopkins University historian. In a 2004 essay, Prof. Dailey quotes an earlier historian:

“During the opening years of the twentieth century [‘The Negro a Beast’] has become the Scripture of tens of thousands of poor whites, and its doctrine is maintained with an appalling stubbornness and persistence.”

(You can download “The Negro a Beast” as a PDF file by following this link.)

To give you a sense of the impact of “The Negro a Beast,” I dug up a reference to it by Bill Arp, a newspaper columnist who was hugely popular in the South. The following appeared in Arp’s column in the Atlanta Constitution on May 18, 1902:

“I have just received a pleasant letter from a North Carolina friend asking me what I think of Carroll’s book, ‘The Negro a Beast,’ and he asks, ‘Do you believe the n is a beast?’ I answered at the bottom of his letter, ‘Which n?’ ”

Zing!

Which brings us back to Larry Auster and his thoughtful readership. I tracked down an email address for “Robert B.,” and I asked him:

“Isn't it funny that Lawrence Auster takes such grievous offense at the suggestion he harbors an animus towards black people... but he'll publish two letters on his website (including one from you) comparing black people to monkeys?”

Robert B. graciously replied:

“... I see no problem with it--Africa is what it is. Africans in America are what they are.... I have, from the very beginning, viewed the Black fashion trend of letting their rears hang out of their pants as akin to baboons with their brightly colored rears sticking out as well. The practice of grabbing one’s genitals is equally barbaric and is, as you can see from the article, akin to monkeys. Denying the obvious is a liberal trait, not an intelligent one. ...”

Well. I guess that makes a monkey out of me.

link
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:22 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
I honestly do not think she (Mrs. Obama) is all that attractive either. I mean she is not ugly by any stretch I just don't thinkthat she is all that "hot", beautiful or other descriptions used to describe her. Average to a little above average at best.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:39 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
I've seen the same comparison photo with Obama and a chimp.. Almost as funny as the Bush one.. 1.) Does that make me racist?? And you are right. 2.) Sometimes it's hard to tell a joke from hatred or racism...

1.) No, it doesn't at all
2.) I agree, there is definately hatred and racism out there but not all is intended as such, to throw any and all into one category is just wrong. Unless I know beyond the shadow of a doubt a person to be a racist I would or make that claim at all.

I will also say that there is plenty of reverse racisim out there and no one is saying a thing about that. That is just as ugly. My opinion a racist is a racist no matter what color they are or are talkng about, you can't have "racism" just one way, all races have ones that are guilty of being racist............ALL races. Wink
Back to top Go down

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next