The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot

Go down 
+7
The Drifter
SKINNYPIG
Lucas McCain
Judge Roy Bean
Annie Oakley
gringaloca
Mongo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:02 pm

^ Lettermman had to have known, he was bound to have seen the pics/film clip on t.v. and anyone could have easily have been able to tell which daughter that was. Had he gotten the comment from one of his writers and made the classles comment he called a joke without looking at the pic then he is ignorant s well as classless. Laughing
Anyway, as others have said earlier it really doesn't matter which daughter it was, his remarks were classless. Letterman is a pin head coward, no other way to say it, the old man needs to go home to his family.....which btw his wife gave birth to their child about 4 years or so before they were married Grin ...... Letterman is also a hypocrit as well. no no Weird/Odd

As for seeing others outrage, I read some of them and some I do not see the post by my choice.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Drifter, I have seen photos of both of the older girls and they look VERY much alike. Plus, whose to say that anyone saw a photo? Could it have been taken from a newspaper or blog site that simply said "the Palins and Daughter take in a Yankees Game"?

Based on his track record of NOT making sexual jokes about 14 year olds, I find no reason not to believe him on this. That doesn't mean that I agree with the joke or think that it's funny. It just means that I believe what he says about who he intended the joke to be about.

I understand your last sentence and have no problem with that.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Where's the outrage???   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Since certain folks don't see my posts, feel free to use any articles that I posted so he'll know what you are talking about. And unless someone is capable of reading David Letterman's thoughts they have NO WAY of knowing if he knew which daughter he was referring to. I think some people want to see the connection whether it is actually there or not. David is a democrat so whatever he says about a republican is going to be blown out of proportion in every way. It's typical. He said he wasn't talking about the youngest one and not everyone keeps up with EVERYTHING the holy Palin family does. I had no idea they were even outside of Alaska. I'd rather they stay home. Razz When you put your family in the public spotlight for political gain, expect COMEDIANS TO MAKE JOKES. That is their job. And what David Letterman said was very small potatoes compared to the average comedian. Once again, mountain out of a molehill.

If we want to go on about "idiots" who say horrible, bigoted, racists, sickening, ignorant comments... Then let's talk about it.... A stupid comment is a stupid comment.... Let's talk about Ann Coulter...one of the biggest idiot, racist, nazi hag that is currently being supported by many in the republican party. She is just one of MANY. Ignorance gone unchecked. Where is the outrage??? Why isn't Fox News screaming about comments said by people on their side. And to whomever said that Fox News reports on both sides, etc. Give me a break. That is just beyond reason. If anyone can't see that Fox News is a republican "news" network, they are brainwashed. Totally. Fair and balanced my... behind.

Rolling Eyes

I sent this to Tommy.. a real black guy, not an anonymous black friend like so many people seem to have. I can't tell you word for word what he said because it would violate the terms of this site but in a nutshell, he said that he was NEVER raised up to hate America by any organizations. He has always loved this country along with all of his black family. They have felt like they have had to walk on eggshells trying not to piss off the white people in power. He is a disabled veteran. He has served this country well. It's this kind of total BS being blabbed on by people like Rush Limbaugh that keeps racism alive and well. Rush Limbaugh is in NO POSITION to speak like he somehow knows more about this issue than the average black person in this country. He is uneducated, full of hot air. He grew up in a wealthy family and is now super rich himself. He has no idea what he is talking about but people who don't know any better take his word as gospel because well...it sounds cool and just has to be what is wrong. Rush sure can sound convincing when he tries and that is what makes him so dangerous. Nothing is more dangerous than ignorance especially ignorance with a microphone. Where is the outrage?? Why aren't we all discussing real issues like this instead of a comedian telling a joke about some publicity hounds daughter getting knocked up by a wealthy baseball player. I think it shows how out of touch our country is that they spend more time obsessing about what a comedian says and whether or not Jon and Kate are going to get divorced than on real issues that actually matter. I'm done with this whole David Letterman crap. It belongs in the National Enquirer with the rest of the trash talk. There are bigger, more important issues here and I'm tired to death of Fox News and it's little outlets parroting stupid crap like this for ratings because that's all it's about people.. ratings. They don't give a rat's behind about Sarah Palin's kid. Fox is a part of the big, bad media that the right loves to complain about so much. Open your eyes and see it for what it really is. It's just as guilty of preaching to it's side as MSNBC is. The only difference is that MSNBC's female reporters wear more clothes. That's about it.

Dead Horse No
Back to top Go down
yeehaw

yeehaw

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 pm

My email to Letterman/CBS sponsors:

I understand Sarah Palin is attempting to get sponsors of the David Letterman Show to pull their ads because of his joke about her daughter getting "knocked up" by an adult baseball player. This joke has been spun by Ms. Palin into Mr. Letterman joking about her 14-year-old daughter being raped by the adult baseball player.

I would like to point out the fact that Mr. Letterman never mentioned which daughter he was referring to, in fact he was referring to the older adult daughter that recently gave birth to a baby.

Mr. Letterman has since admitted numerous times that his joke was in bad taste. He has also apologized numerous times, and stated the joke was uncalled for. Ms. Palin refuses to acknowledge his admission and apologies, and has continued to take the situation further.

Subsequently, Mr. Letterman did a piece about Ms. Palin visiting NYC and that the "toughest part of her visit was keeping Elliot Spitzer away from her daughter". Ms. Palin now claims Mr. Letterman likened her daughter to a prostitute. Mr. Letterman mentioned nothing about prostitution. The joke was really about Elliot Spitzer and his 'habit'.
It appears to me that Ms. Palin has seized this opportunity to get more publicity, which I find abhorrent - she is using her young daughter as a pawn to get attention.

Ms. Palin has chosen to spin this situation, at her young daughter's expense, into a scenario completely different than what was stated by Mr. Letterman. Remember, there was no mention of rape, no mention of which daughter he was joking about. Given Mr. Letterman's reputation, I am certain his joke had nothing to do with the adolescent daughter and certainly was not referring to or supporting statuatory rape. And it was not his intention to call the young girl a prostitute. There was no mention of prostitution in his piece.

The situation is unfortunate, especially in that Ms. Palin is creating a drama that is completely inaccurate. I hate to say this, but she is outright lying and slandering Mr. Letterman.

I urge you to continue your support of the David Letterman Show. While I agree the joke was in bad taste, I also feel he has made every attempt to remedy the situation, but Ms. Palin has turned a deaf ear in favor of creating drama and garnering attention for herself - at her 14-year-old daughter's expense. Think about it - if you withdraw your sponsorship of Letterman because of Palin's untrue accusations, you will be supporting, endorsing, and encouraging her slander of a good man... and setting an example for others to follow. We don't need more lies and drama in our world. Take a stand against Ms. Palin's slanderous behavior by continuing to support David Letterman.

Sincerely,
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Drifter, I have seen photos of both of the older girls and they look VERY much alike. Plus, whose to say that anyone saw a photo? Could it have been taken from a newspaper or blog site that simply said "the Palins and Daughter take in a Yankees Game"?

Based on his track record of NOT making sexual jokes about 14 year olds, I find no reason not to believe him on this. That doesn't mean that I agree with the joke or think that it's funny. It just means that I believe what he says about who he intended the joke to be about.

I understand your last sentence and have no problem with that.
Your post is fair enough and I just disagree. I believe that he has gotten away from comedy to the far left hate machine on the GOP and especially Palin. All I know about his track record is that he is a very liberal person that usues his show as a platform to slam the right.....calls it comedy to explain it away. I don't think that we will be hearing any personal/family related jokes about the Obama family coming from him. silent
I don't care about any record of "NOT makiing sexual related jokes" about under age children. Letterman made this one so that imo makes him with a record of it. There is NO EXCUSE for even one time when it comes to a child.
As I said earlier in other post, I really have trouble understanding anyone having a problem with a parent (Palin) stepping in an calling out anyone, no matter who it is on making classless/slanderous comments about their kids no matter what the age was. Thats just me though, had I been the father I probably would have been in jail now because I definately would have looked Mr. Letterman up and "put a good ol' fashion Ky. butt kickin' on him" Grin . Kind of like....."say whatever about me, keep your mouth off of my kids"!
Given this situation of course there was no way that Mr. Palin could have gotten to him (Letterman) along with the fact his wife is a high profile Govenor/political figure that probably wouldn't had been an option for Mr. Palin Laughing .

Oh well, it has been hashed out over and over. I'll just leave it with I could only hope that Letterman gets the boot from CBS but that will never happen, even if they wanted to imo they wouldn't have the guts. Wink
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:30 pm

yeehaw wrote:
My email to Letterman/CBS sponsors:

I understand Sarah Palin is attempting to get sponsors of the David Letterman Show to pull their ads because of his joke about her daughter getting "knocked up" by an adult baseball player. This joke has been spun by Ms. Palin into Mr. Letterman joking about her 14-year-old daughter being raped by the adult baseball player.

I would like to point out the fact that Mr. Letterman never mentioned which daughter he was referring to, in fact he was referring to the older adult daughter that recently gave birth to a baby.

Mr. Letterman has since admitted numerous times that his joke was in bad taste. He has also apologized numerous times, and stated the joke was uncalled for. Ms. Palin refuses to acknowledge his admission and apologies, and has continued to take the situation further.

Subsequently, Mr. Letterman did a piece about Ms. Palin visiting NYC and that the "toughest part of her visit was keeping Elliot Spitzer away from her daughter". Ms. Palin now claims Mr. Letterman likened her daughter to a prostitute. Mr. Letterman mentioned nothing about prostitution. The joke was really about Elliot Spitzer and his 'habit'.
It appears to me that Ms. Palin has seized this opportunity to get more publicity, which I find abhorrent - she is using her young daughter as a pawn to get attention.

Ms. Palin has chosen to spin this situation, at her young daughter's expense, into a scenario completely different than what was stated by Mr. Letterman. Remember, there was no mention of rape, no mention of which daughter he was joking about. Given Mr. Letterman's reputation, I am certain his joke had nothing to do with the adolescent daughter and certainly was not referring to or supporting statuatory rape. And it was not his intention to call the young girl a prostitute. There was no mention of prostitution in his piece.

The situation is unfortunate, especially in that Ms. Palin is creating a drama that is completely inaccurate. I hate to say this, but she is outright lying and slandering Mr. Letterman.

I urge you to continue your support of the David Letterman Show. While I agree the joke was in bad taste, I also feel he has made every attempt to remedy the situation, but Ms. Palin has turned a deaf ear in favor of creating drama and garnering attention for herself - at her 14-year-old daughter's expense. Think about it - if you withdraw your sponsorship of Letterman because of Palin's untrue accusations, you will be supporting, endorsing, and encouraging her slander of a good man... and setting an example for others to follow. We don't need more lies and drama in our world. Take a stand against Ms. Palin's slanderous behavior by continuing to support David Letterman.

Sincerely,
Very well written letter. I respect your opinion and your right to that opinion and letter .
I just disagree and have voiced my reasons as to why in plenty of other post.

and.....welcome to the outpost. Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:48 pm

People believe what they want to. Even if it silly and makes no sense. I'll be thankful when this stupid little incident has run it's course. He already apologized which is more than most would have done. Of course, when this blows over, something new will come along. Sarah is getting exactly what she wants done, control of the media and what they are allowed to say. Next she'll be hosting giant book burnings in Time Square. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm beginning to believe the whole thing was a PLANNED ratings stunt by Letterman. Was that the same week Conan started?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:23 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
I'm beginning to believe the whole thing was a PLANNED ratings stunt by Letterman. Was that the same week Conan started?

Here comes the conspiracy..... Who Me? rofl rofl tinfoil tinfoil
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

Here comes the conspiracy..... Who Me? rofl rofl tinfoil tinfoil

MASS HYSTERIA VIA FOX NEWS! GOOD LORD, these people are INSANE!!!! SCARY. This is what happens when the idiots of Fox tell their insane followers to go and and protest. Somebody will probably be taking a shot at him now. What a bunch of nuts! And Jay Leno has said FAR worse than Dave and look at them. They are just doing what Fox News told them to do. There are nothing but sheep. It's pathetic. Calling Dave's son a bastard and his wife a slut. Then going on to say that Dave rapes little girls with his mouth. God, I am so thankful I'm not a part of this. Reminds me of a clan meeting.

Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm on the slow connection again tonight, so I'll have to pass on seeing the video, but one thing's for sure. Both sides (all groups, actually) have their idiot nut jobs. If I recall correctly, less than 20 people attended this "protest."
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I'm on the slow connection again tonight, so I'll have to pass on seeing the video, but one thing's for sure. Both sides (all groups, actually) have their idiot nut jobs. If I recall correctly, less than 20 people attended this "protest."

thumb
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Oh but Fox News makes it look like a HUGE success. There will probably be many more morons tomorrow. I hope Dave is wearing body armor under his suit.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

I think Letterman absolutely needed to apologize to the Palins, but that's as far as it needs to go. He should NOT be fired, Imus should have never been fired either.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
I think Letterman absolutely needed to apologize to the Palins, but that's as far as it needs to go. He should NOT be fired, Imus should have never been fired either.

So far he's apologized twice. The first one was kinda half-hearted because he thought the whole thing was being blown out of proportion but the second was real and he even said the joke was in bad taste. He said the joke was about the older adult daughter. Either way, this is getting WAY out of control. If a comedian is going to get fired for making jokes about people that are in bad taste, we're going to be running low on comedians. So much for freedom of speech.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3