The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot

Go down 
+7
The Drifter
SKINNYPIG
Lucas McCain
Judge Roy Bean
Annie Oakley
gringaloca
Mongo
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:28 pm

He also said:
Quote :
"during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

The Palin's react:
Quote :
"Any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable. Alaskans know it and I believe the rest of the world knows it, too."

- Todd Palin

Quote :
"Concerning Letterman's comments about my young daughter (and I doubt he'd ever dare make such comments about anyone else's daughter): 'Laughter incited by sexually-perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands - that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contribute to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.'"

- Governor Sarah Palin

Letterman tries to explain it away, saying:

Quote :
"We were, as we often do, making jokes about people in the news and we made some jokes about Sarah Palin and her daughter, the 18-year-old girl, who is — her name is Bristol, that’s right, and so, then, now they’re upset with me," Letterman said. "These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old daughter. I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl. I mean, look at my record. It has never happened. I don’t think it’s funny. I would never think it was funny. I wouldn’t put it in a joke…"
One big problem here, Dave.... Bristol wasn't at the game, Willow was. He knew that, what a slug!

He then goes on to say:
Quote :
"… Gov. Palin, if you’re watching, I would like you to consider coming to New York City — even Todd — as my guests, or leave Todd at home. I’d love to have you on the show. It’d be exciting. All right, so there, I hope I’ve cleared part of this up. Am I guilty of poor taste? Yes. Did I suggest that it was okay for her 14-year-old daughter to be having promiscuous sex? No."

Their response?
Quote :
"The Palins have no intention of providing a rating's boost for David Letterman by appearing on his show," the Alaska governor's rep said in a statement to FOXNews.com. "Plus, it would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman."

Link

Letterman is a classless moron.

This is his classless "explenation":
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Oh good Lord. Sarah needs to grow a sense of humor. doh Sarah Palin opens herself up to comments like this when she uses her daughters unwed teen pregnancy as a campaign highlight. If she wanted it to be so private, she shouldn't have used it to the hilt and stuck her daughter up on stage like a freakshow.

PS I guess I'm a classless moron because I laughed when he said it. Sorry. Razz
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:22 pm

It's obviously a misunderstanding. There's very little likelihood of those comments being made on national television about a 14 year old. There are countless ways that the misunderstanding could occur, as to which daughter attended the game with the Palins.

Mongo, you state that he knew which daughter was present. How do you know this?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
It's obviously a misunderstanding. There's very little likelihood of those comments being made on national television about a 14 year old. There are countless ways that the misunderstanding could occur, as to which daughter attended the game with the Palins.

I know David Letterman and he is far from a classless moron. When I was a teenager living in an orphanage (which I did for about a year and a half), David came to visit us and bought all of us exactly what we asked for on our Christmas list....and I mean he got me everything I asked for. He is a kind-hearted funny guy and would never insinuate raping a 14 year old girl. That's just absurd. He has done more for teens than anyone will ever know and unlike Rush and the like, he doesn't broadcast the things he does for all to see. He was cracking jokes about her "abstinence only" unwed daughter who has been splashed all over the news (by her mother). Anyone that thinks he was talking about the 14 year old is just reaching. It's pretty obvious who he was talking about. Rolling Eyes If this was Britney Spears or any other person besides the holy Sarah's kid there would be zero controversy. Heaven forbid somebody make fun of one of Sarah's perfect children. rofl puke
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:57 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Oh good Lord. Sarah needs to grow a sense of humor. doh Sarah Palin opens herself up to comments like this when she uses her daughters unwed teen pregnancy as a campaign highlight. If she wanted it to be so private, she shouldn't have used it to the hilt and stuck her daughter up on stage like a freakshow.

PS I guess I'm a classless moron because I laughed when he said it. Sorry. Razz
How good would your sense of humor been if it were your 14 year old daughter?
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:

It was no "misunderstanding", I know because it was in the papers and on the news in New York. He'd have to be the biggest moron going to not know. Letterman is a typical left-wing celebrity, anything goes if it's a Conservative. No class. No
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:09 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I know David Letterman and he is far from a classless moron. When I was a teenager living in an orphanage (which I did for about a year and a half), David came to visit us and bought all of us exactly what we asked for on our Christmas list....and I mean he got me everything I asked for. He is a kind-hearted funny guy and would never insinuate raping a 14 year old girl. That's just absurd. He has done more for teens than anyone will ever know and unlike Rush and the like, he doesn't broadcast the things he does for all to see. He was cracking jokes about her "abstinence only" unwed daughter who has been splashed all over the news (by her mother). Anyone that thinks he was talking about the 14 year old is just reaching. It's pretty obvious who he was talking about. Rolling Eyes If this was Britney Spears or any other person besides the holy Sarah's kid there would be zero controversy. Heaven forbid somebody make fun of one of Sarah's perfect children. rofl puke
Gringa, people change. He may have been a great guy when you were a teenager, but he's a classless jerk now. He seemed so sorrowful in his so called "apology", didn't he? Rolling Eyes
I'd say you or anyone saying it was Bristol when she wasn't even there are the ones reaching. My God, I understand your distain for Sarah, but her kids should be off limits.

Annie and gringa, I have to ask this. Are you both saying that even if it was Bristol that that's OK? You think its fine to call someone a whore because they're an un-wed mother? If so, I’m shocked. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Gringa, people change. He may have been a great guy when you were a teenager, but he's a classless jerk now. He seemed so sorowful in his so called "apology", didn't he. Rolling Eyes
I'd say you or anyone saying it was Bristol when she wasn't even there are the ones reaching. My God, I understand your distain for Sarah, but her kids should be off limits.

Annie and gringa, I have to ask this. Are you both saying that even if it was Bristol that that's OK? You think it's fine to call someone a whore because they're an un-wed mother. If so, Im shocked. Shocked

For most people, if they hear "Sarah Palin's daughter," most will think of Bristol, whether they know her by name or not. I certainly can see a staffer putting up a list of current events as "Sarah and Todd Palin at the Yankees vs. ?, w/ daughter" and a joke writer assuming that it was Bristol and going in that direction. I have no reason to disbelieve Letterman.

Where did he call Bristol a whore? Just because you have sex doesn't mean that you are a whore.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Personally, I put Letterman in the same category with Jon Stewart , desperately trying to be funny but missing the mark.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Totally classless and over the line.. For any one who found it "funny", I've got some dandy jokes about the first lady and her kids on why they look so different than their daddy....
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:

For most people, if they hear "Sarah Palin's daughter," most will think of Bristol, whether they know her by name or not. I certainly can see a staffer putting up a list of current events as "Sarah and Todd Palin at the Yankees vs. ?, w/ daughter" and a joke writer assuming that it was Bristol and going in that direction. I have no reason to disbelieve Letterman.

Where did he call Bristol a whore? Just because you have sex doesn't mean that you are a whore.
"The hardest part of her visit was keeping Eliot Spitzer away from her daughter"

What do you think that was in reference to?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Mongo wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

"The hardest part of her visit was keeping Eliot Spitzer away from her daughter"

What do you think that was in reference to?

Elliott Spitzer's promiscuity? Bristol Palin's promiscuity? It's not the same as calling her a whore.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Elliott Spitzer's promiscuity? Bristol Palin's promiscuity? It's not the same as calling her a whore.
Come on now, Annie. I think you know full well that Spritzer went after call girls, the reference was very plain and obvious.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Mongo wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Come on now, Annie. I think you know full well that Spritzer went after call girls, the reference was very plain and obvious.

Actually, I forgot. You'll have to give me a pass on that one. That does make it a little more questionable for me.

However, I still think the joke was aimed at Bristol and not at the 14 year old.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Totally classless and over the line.. For any one who found it "funny", I've got some dandy jokes about the first lady and her kids on why they look so different than their daddy....

Go ahead and tell the jokes Lucas, I doubt I will find them funny but some posters will probably bust a gut.

I doubt you will. I'm a pretty good judge of character and almost positive you have enough class to refrain.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed personal remarks)
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Mongo wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

It was no "misunderstanding", I know because it was in the papers and on the news in New York. He'd have to be the biggest moron going to not know. Letterman is a typical left-wing celebrity, anything goes if it's a Conservative. No class. No
Abloutely correct. Other comedians make jokes about political figures, that is nothing new. Difference is most show respect for the persons family members and leave them out of it. Letterman is a no class bum, pure and simpe. He is not funny, he is getting killed in the ratings (always was behind Leno) by every other late night show in that time slot. I don't think that alot of people were laughing, Letterman screwed up and he knows it and that absolute joke of a statement he made in response was the funniest thing Letterman has said in years. Letterman is trying to cover when it back fired on him, there were more people that called him out on it than they counted on. MSNBC/NBC came to his defense of course, typical out of a group that is even more sickining and classless as Letterman.
Bottom line is Letterman knew exactly which daughter was with Palin at that game when he referred to the "daughter at the game".
Even if he meant the 18yr. old and not the younger daughter I have question.....does this mean rape is o.k. if it is an 18yr. old? I don't think so. Rolling Eyes

One final question for anyone that thinks this was o.k......what would happen if classless/no taste joke like that were told about Michelle Obama and/or the Obama daughters? I believe that everyone knows the answer to that one.
Sarah Palin is hated by the Hollywood celebrities (most of them), main stream media and even all the feminist groups (that are supposed to be pro women, what a joke Rolling Eyes ) because she is not a liberal. Palin believes in and supports right to life, traditional man/woman marraige, she is pro gun rights, pro hunting, an NRA member a Christian and is proud of all and will say it. Palin has blasted and brought down politcal corrupt politicians,both Republican and Democrat in her own city. district and state. My opinion is that D.C. hates her because they know that she could and would expose alot of them as well.
Palin has no fear, sands up for what she believes in and liberals can't stand that. They prefer "puppets" that they can intimidate and control.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:47 pm

In the 2nd embedded link, Letterman mentions Bristol by name.

In none of the jokes does he mention rape.

If the joke was about Michelle Obama, fine. I'd prefer all of the kids be kept out altogether.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:00 am

I wonder where Michelle gets her make-up that gives her that slutty look?? laugh until I cry rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:35 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
In the 2nd embedded link, Letterman mentions Bristol by name.
In none of the jokes does he mention rape.

If the joke was about Michelle Obama, fine. I'd prefer all of the kids be kept out altogether.
That's because he was back-tracking on what he'd already said. I ain't buying it.

Last edited by Mongo on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:39 pm

He is a comedian. He is also a democrat. They all say things that are considered in bad taste. I've heard just as bad from the other side. Dave's got his reasons for not liking these folks. He can makes jokes if he wants to. If you don't like him, don't listen to him. It as simple as that. If I listed every time that a republican said something insulting about Michele, Hillary, Chlesea, etc... It would take me weeks.

Here's a gem from John McCain on Chelsea.....

Quote :
Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

Certain folks have to lighten up. Dave made no mentions of the girl getting raped... I notice that Fox News is having a hissy fit about it. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:13 pm

I also laughed when I saw Sarah's interview with Matt Lauer. She says about the audience laughing at Dave's joke...

Quote :

Palin also attacked the audience for laughing at Letterman’s jokes, calling it
“a sad commentary on where we are as a culture, as a society, to chuckle and laugh through comments such as he had made the other night. I think it’s quite unfortunate.”

I think it's quite funny hearing her say stuff like this after her campaign stops where she laughed along as audience members said horrible things. It's pretty common for people to laugh away at republican functions when one of their own says something totally inappropriate and totally not funny. She sure didn't stop audience when they were screaming racists remarks at her functions. And what about everyone laughing about Dick Cheney's comments when he said he couldn't recall things regarding 9-11 with a big smirk on his face. Hardy har har. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:32 pm

True, gringa, but let's do remember that John McCain DID quiet members of his audience for making inappropriate remarks. Of course, many think that he is a RINO, so I don't know if that counts.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:08 am

Gringa, if the jokes are about the candidate, then fine. But when jokes are at the expense of a 14 year old kid having sex with an adult then it’s no longer funny and should be condemned.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:24 am

Mongo wrote:
Gringa, if the jokes are about the candidate, then fine. But when jokes are at the expense of a 14 year old kid having sex with an adult then it’s no longer funny and should be condemned.

I agree. However, as Letterman has said time and time again, the joke was meant to be about the 18 year old (now adult) Bristol. Again, in his 30 year history, has Letterman ever made comments about a minor in such a way? If so, then I'll concede. If not, this is just the case of a misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Mongo wrote:

I agree. However, as Letterman has said time and time again, the joke was meant to be about the 18 year old (now adult) Bristol. Again, in his 30 year history, has Letterman ever made comments about a minor in such a way? If so, then I'll concede. If not, this is just the case of a misunderstanding.

The FACT is Bristol was not at the game, therefore the joke/stab was indeed aimed at the 14 year old as far as the Palin's are concerned. I'm sure she (14 year old) will have to deal with the "joke" for the rest of her life. Had it been ANYBODY in the Palin's shoes they would feel the same. I frankly don't care what Letterman says time after time, it was tasteless, classless, derogatory and should be condemned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next