The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot

Go down 
+7
The Drifter
SKINNYPIG
Lucas McCain
Judge Roy Bean
Annie Oakley
gringaloca
Mongo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
True, gringa, but let's do remember that John McCain DID quiet members of his audience for making inappropriate remarks. Of course, many think that he is a RINO, so I don't know if that counts.

Yes, I commend McCain for stopping the madness. At least he had the guts to do it...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Mongo wrote:
Gringa, if the jokes are about the candidate, then fine. But when jokes are at the expense of a 14 year old kid having sex with an adult then it’s no longer funny and should be condemned.

David Letterman is a father. He is not a pervert. Sarah Palin has even come out and said she wouldn't trust him around her daughter. What was she insinuating? He's some sort of child molester? That's just crazy. David Letterman doesn't make jokes about little girls getting raped. Just watch his response. He wasn't attacking a 14 year old. He's never done anything like that nor would he. He's been doing this for over 30 years. He's not perfect and not everyone is going to like his jokes. There would be no comedians out there if they didn't make fun of people especially people who love the spotlight. I think he's being attacked for one reason only...any celebrity that speaks out publicly against a republican is going to be burnt at the stake. It happens every day. His comments have been twisted beyond recognition. Considering that he knows the truth and doesn't really care if republicans like him or not, I doubt he cares anymore. He tried to explain himself and even apologize (which is more than most people would do) and he was crucified for trying to explain himself. I think this is a classic case of making a mountain out of a molehill. The man isn't a sick pervert who wishes that little girls would get raped by baseball players and by next month this will be just another story that will be gone and forgotten in favor of some new sensational story about some other person. It's ran it's course....next.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 4:01 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Mongo wrote:
Gringa, if the jokes are about the candidate, then fine. But when jokes are at the expense of a 14 year old kid having sex with an adult then it’s no longer funny and should be condemned.

David Letterman is a father. He is not a pervert. Sarah Palin has even come out and said she wouldn't trust him around her daughter. What was she insinuating? He's some sort of child molester? That's just crazy. David Letterman doesn't make jokes about little girls getting raped. Just watch his response. He wasn't attacking a 14 year old. He's never done anything like that nor would he. He's been doing this for over 30 years. He's not perfect and not everyone is going to like his jokes. There would be no comedians out there if they didn't make fun of people especially people who love the spotlight. I think he's being attacked for one reason only...any celebrity that speaks out publicly against a republican is going to be burnt at the stake. It happens every day. His comments have been twisted beyond recognition. Considering that he knows the truth and doesn't really care if republicans like him or not, I doubt he cares anymore. He tried to explain himself and even apologize (which is more than most people would do) and he was crucified for trying to explain himself. I think this is a classic case of making a mountain out of a molehill. The man isn't a sick pervert who wishes that little girls would get raped by baseball players and by next month this will be just another story that will be gone and forgotten in favor of some new sensational story about some other person. It's ran it's course....next.. Rolling Eyes
Couldn't agree with you more. This smells exactly like an "IMUS" situation to me. I didn't like what they did to him and I'm not particulary fond of what's happening here. Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:20 pm

I understand the FACT of who was at the game very well. Someone screwed up, no doubt. Someone should have confirmed which of the two elder Palin daughters was at the game. However, anyone that truly thinks that Letterman INTENDED the joke to be about the 14 year old is either biased or doesn't want to consider that mix-ups can occur. Nothing in Letterman's history as a comedian reveals underage sexual jokes.

If I were the Palins, I'd be mad, too. Then when I realized that it was a misunderstanding as to which daughter it was, it's be upset that my older, now adult daughter was continuing to receive negative attention based on her decisions that resulted in child out of wedlock. It would take me quite a while to forgive Letterman, but as Christians we do that. I certainly wouldn't keep stirring the pot about the whole deal, unless I had other motives for doing so.

One other things I'd be glad about, if I were the Palins - that Bristol did not marry Levi Johnston. He has shown not to be worth the several hundred dollar suit that he was outfitted in for the RNC.

Other than that, Letterman's comments are protected by the first amendment (you know, the one before the 2nd amendment? Smile) . That doesn't mean that those that don't like them cannot boycott, write letters, protest, etc. That's your 1st amendment right, too.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Yes and right now (due to Sarah's huge over-reaction and her backers hissy fits) he is seeing a HUGE boost in ratings. Ole Dave is apologizing all the way to the bank. Thanks Sarah et al. Very Happy
And the fact is this woman has paraded her children around on a national stage, using them and their stories to get brownie points with fellow right wing "soccer moms". I'll never forget when she had the poor baby out in the middle of the night (it was after 10pm) passing him around like a sack of taters to whomever in her huge clan was up for holding him. He was obviously exhausted and scared with all the screaming crowd and blaring music. I'm a parent and I would have NEVER subjected my child to that sort of scary event. That would horrify any small baby, let alone a poor little buddy with down syndrome. She stuck her teen mother kid up on the stage with her boyfriend (neither of them seem to be the brightest bulbs) and used them for political points and I find that extremely offensive. Being a teen mother who isn't even married isn't something to be celebrated by any stretch of the imagination and then to find out that she and Levi didn't even use protection all the time (probably because they were never even taught about proper use due to Mama Sarah). I find the whole abstinence only tour that Sarah has put her daughter on completely hypocritical and just another political stunt to keep the family in the limelight. Now when David Letterman pokes fun at her unwed teen mother daughter, she turns it into another circus. I find her comments about David being a possible pedophile far more offensive than her adult child getting knocked up by a hot baseball player. He didn't say anyone was raped and she is just putting words in his mouth and reaching for controversy by saying otherwise. And she sits there with that smug look on her face knowing full well she is lying through her teeth because she's not a total idiot (at least I don't think she is). She knows who he was referring to and she hopped on an off color joke to boost her own political clout. That's just the way it is nowadays. The news is no longer the news, it's all about the shock value and it's entertainment. Fox News entertains the right wing people with all it's blown out of proportion garbage and Air America feeds the left side what they want to hear and everyday these entertainers who call themselves news people are looking for something new to start some big stink over. They know that Americans have very short attention spans and will get bored with a story quickly. Oh give us more outrage Mr. TV Man, I need something new to be angry about today. Mad Laughing

Dave has already said that the joke was borderline and that it was not aimed at any underage girl. He has never in his life made jokes about raping underage girls, nor will he ever because he's not that type of person. Create what you want about what you think he was saying, it really makes no difference. It's just giving him even better ratings. And if ANYONE is to blame for the joke and not researching which kids would be with her at the stupid ballgame, it was the writers at his show. They probably didn't realize that the Palin family would jump on something so stupid and make it into the huge crap-storm that it has become. If Sarah wants to resolve it, then instead of going to the media and making a big prissy stink about it, she should get in touch with David herself and work it out like adults but instead she took it to the news and is now making accusations towards him that are far more damaging than the made up ones she is touting he made about her kid. Insinuating he is a pedophile just shows that she is after the attention, nothing more. If she was higher class she wouldn't stoop to that level.

And where was all the public outcry when people high up in the republican party were making fun of Chelsea Clinton and when Rush Limbaugh would play the sounds of dogs barking whenever Amy Carter was mentioned. Oh, I forgot, that's funny and is ok. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm no Sarah Palin fan and I'll make no bones about that. However, I may not be as "hardened" against her as some. Wink

I was doing a little reading on Bristol and her current situation. What I was suprised to learn is that she gave an interview soon after giving birth to Tripp to FoxNews in which she said that expecting teenagers to be abstinent was "not realistic at all" and now she is suddenly the spokesperson for abstinence. Kind of contradictory, isn't it?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,495244,00.html
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I'm no Sarah Palin fan and I'll make no bones about that. However, I may not be as "hardened" against her as some. Wink

I was doing a little reading on Bristol and her current situation. What I was suprised to learn is that she gave an interview soon after giving birth to Tripp to FoxNews in which she said that expecting teenagers to be abstinent was "not realistic at all" and now she is suddenly the spokesperson for abstinence. Kind of contradictory, isn't it?

Yes, I saw that as well. Levi also did the big flip-flop but his was the opposite (obviously because he no longer has to be a political pawn for the Palin family). Abstinence is what we all wish for our children but in this day and age it's not realistic. The best thing we can do is teach our children the best we can to make the right decisions. Tell them we don't want them having sex as teens because they aren't in a position to take care of a baby or themselves if they catch a disease. Once we teach them the consequences of that, we need to teach them how to protect themselves from getting pregnant or catching a disease. Once we exhaust all of that we have no choice but to let them make the right decisions when the time comes. If they end up having sex before they are 18 (which the vast majority of American teens do) we can at least hope that they will come to us or another adult to get the things they need to protect themselves. We'd all like to keep our children locked up in a safety bubble until they are 18 (myself included) but we can't. Being realistic about it is the best way to go. Hopefully we taught our children well enough and they won't have sex at all but you know how that goes. I just know that if my daughter decides to have sex, I want her to know what to do. I surely don't want to lose my child to AIDS or end up raising another child! Eeek! The thought just gave me a new gray hair. Razz

PS I don't "hate" Sarah Palin. I just think she's an attention hound and isn't very bright. I want my leader to be cool and in control...and I also want them to be quite a bit more intelligent than I am! Weird/Odd
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:24 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

Yes, I saw that as well. Levi also did the big flip-flop but his was the opposite (obviously because he no longer has to be a political pawn for the Palin family). Abstinence is what we all wish for our children but in this day and age it's not realistic. The best thing we can do is teach our children the best we can to make the right decisions. Tell them we don't want them having sex as teens because they aren't in a position to take care of a baby or themselves if they catch a disease. Once we teach them the consequences of that, we need to teach them how to protect themselves from getting pregnant or catching a disease. Once we exhaust all of that we have no choice but to let them make the right decisions when the time comes. If they end up having sex before they are 18 (which the vast majority of American teens do) we can at least hope that they will come to us or another adult to get the things they need to protect themselves. We'd all like to keep our children locked up in a safety bubble until they are 18 (myself included) but we can't. Being realistic about it is the best way to go. Hopefully we taught our children well enough and they won't have sex at all but you know how that goes. I just know that if my daughter decides to have sex, I want her to know what to do. I surely don't want to lose my child to AIDS or end up raising another child! Eeek! The thought just gave me a new gray hair. Razz

PS I don't "hate" Sarah Palin. I just think she's an attention hound and isn't very bright. I want my leader to be cool and in control...and I also want them to be quite a bit more intelligent than I am! Weird/Odd

Or we could look at it like BHO...“Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby."

I understand there are many different feelings on the issue. Personally, I have a hard time considering a baby as punishment. As hard as my children have been to raise, the boys especially, they have all been blessings. In case you're wondering, one was indeed a surprise.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:46 pm

this is the entire quote.

"Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old," he said. "I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information." He also said this "This is a very difficult issue, and I understand sort of the passions on both sides of the issue," he said. "I have two precious daughters — they are miracles."

That's what he said. He was referring to his daughters being punished for potentially making mistakes that would leave them with a baby they weren't ready to take care of and that's all it means.

Looking at it from the other way, you could say republicans who want roe vs wade overturned want to hang an unwanted pregnancy around the woman's neck like an albatross. They often say things like "You wanted to have your fun, but now you don't want to pay the price." This is the attitude he is referring to when he says that forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term is intended by some as a way of "punishing" her for having sex and thinking she should not "pay the price," which is how some republicans think of an unwanted pregnancy. Holding a womans body hostage and making her endure a potentially life-threatening condition or to give birth to a child who was conceived in rape or incest when it is not her choice very well could be considered punishment.

I believe people who are attacking him over his use of the words know this is what he was referring to, but are nitpicking and want to find any fault with him they can. Taking things out of context and making it sound like Obama thinks babies are punishment is twisting what he meant. He obviously could have chose a better way to put it but he was being honest. Any girl who has endured a teenage pregnancy know exactly what he's talking about. Doesn't mean they don't love their babies.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:03 pm

I just simply disagree Gringa. I was very reluctant to post it. I just disagree.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:10 am

Fact is, Obama did say "I don't want them punished with a baby".
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:04 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:

True and in this case I believe I understand what he was saying. I do think that to a teen, having a baby can be some serious punishment. It's not exactly something you think of when you are having sex with your boyfriend and dreaming of your next pair of skinny jeans. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:44 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
He was also talking about abortion when he made that statement.. So go have fun girls and daddy will take care of the dirty work.. What a joke of a father he is.....
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:11 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
He was also talking about abortion when he made that statement.. So go have fun girls and daddy will take care of the dirty work.. What a joke of a father he is.....

Be judgemental about his political decisions all you want, but what do you know about his position as a father? Surely you aren't saying that any father that is pro-choice is a "joke", are you?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:24 am

Obama said it... Spin it any way you like..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

Annie is the one spinning? confused

This man loves his children and it's sad to see people act this way. He doesn't want his girls to go out and have sex and get knocked up. He wants to teach them how not to get pregnant or catch a horrible disease so they don't have to face such horrible decisions. I think that's a pretty wonderful daddy. My mom and dad were very upfront about birth control when I was growing up and if it hadn't of been for them, I may have ended up pregnant but instead I was married six years before I had my first child. I thank them for the advice they gave me and know that they love me and didn't want me to go through the hardships of having a baby as an unmarried teen.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:26 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
I just simply disagree Gringa. I was very reluctant to post it. I just disagree.

That's cool. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me! That's what discussion forums are for. At this point I'm a little confused about what you are disagreeing with me about but that's cool! Everybody has an opinion and you know what they say about them..... Razz
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Oh, for crying out loud! Is there anything that won't send that woman into a frenzy? She's too uptight, Letterman was NOT talking about her 14 year old. It was a joke! That's what he does!
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

I'm certainly not the one spinning this one.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Oh, for crying out loud! Is there anything that won't send that woman into a frenzy? She's too uptight, Letterman was NOT talking about her 14 year old. It was a joke! That's what he does!

I thought you would enjoy this....Top Ten Reasons Palins "Outrage" is Misplaced and a little late....

Quote :
10) Last September, a skit on Saturday Night Live suggested incest in the Palin family. “What about the husband?” asked a mock Times reporter. “You know he’s doing those daughters. I mean, come on. It’s Alaska!” No outrage. Sarah Palin appeared on the show one month later in late October.

9) Days after the announcement of Bristol’s pregnancy, Conan O’Brien joked, “It’s true, John McCain’s running mate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, has revealed that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. Palin said, ‘We should never have introduced her to John Edwards.’” Where was the outrage? Was Conan promoting infidelity with an underage girl?

8 ) From two different Tonight Shows: “Governor Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. Oh, boy, you thought John Edwards was in trouble before, now he’s really done it!” AND…“All the Republicans are heaping praise on Governor Palin. Fred Thompson said, as an actor, he could see them making a movie about Sarah Palin and her family. Didn’t they already make that movie? I think it was called ‘Knocked Up!’”–Jay Leno

7) Craig Ferguson’s skit of “Larry King vs Levi Johnston” asks about “kinky sex” with the drapes open. Craig Ferguson’s honorary Alaska citizenship, granted by Governor Palin wasn’t rescinded.

6) “According to expense reports, Sarah Palin charged the state of Alaska over $21,000 for her children to travel with her on official business. In fairness to Gov. Palin, when she leaves them home alone they get pregnant.” –Seth Meyers (SNL). Sarah Palin was in a sketch with Meyers a week earlier.

5) On October 8, 2008, Sarah Palin walked out on the ice with six year old Piper and 13 year old Willow, before the game, Conan O’Brien said, “Saturday night, Sarah Palin is going to drop the first puck at the Philadelphia Flyers’ hockey game. Then Palin will spend the rest of the game trying to keep the hockey players out of her daughter’s penalty box.”
Oh, yes he did. You get the outrage…but not a peep then. According to the new “logic”, O’Brien was advocating for some really sick stuff.

4) Rush Limbaugh: “Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog?” Limbaugh put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton. At the time, Chelsea Clinton was 13 years old. Rush also said, “In last year’s campaign, the most prominent, articulate voice for standard run-of-the-mill good old-fashioned American conservatism was Sarah Palin.” Calling a young teenager a “dog” can’t be helpful to her “self-esteem.” Where is the apology from the leader of the GOP?

3) “Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.”–John McCain, Sarah Palin’s running mate. Should McCain apologize to every young woman in America?

2) Palin’s friend, political defender and informer of the David Letterman comments, John Ziegler, was fired from his radio show for using the “n-word” online and on air in 1997. In 2000, he was fired for spelling the “n-word” on the air. How much does that word affect the psychological health of America’s youth, regardless of their race? Now he is pimping his film about how mean the “liberal media” was to Sarah Palin.

AND…The NUMBER 1 REASON Sarah Palin’s Outrage is Misplaced and A Little Late…

1) The “candidate who must be obeyed” was talking about Palin’s family when he said, “Kids are off limits.” Jake Tapper of ABC News interviewed then Candidate Obama, and asked, “Governor Palin and her husband issued a statement today saying their 17-year-old daughter Bristol, who is unmarried, is five months pregnant. Do you have any reaction?”

OBAMA: “I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off-limits. And people’s children are especially off-limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know, my mother had me when she was 18. And, you know, how family deals with issues and — and, you know, teenaged children, that shouldn’t be the topic of — of our politics.”

The Palin children have been fodder for comedians since they were brought to the national stage. Incest isn’t funny. Ugly kid jokes aren’t funny. Many of the things said about public figures are just flat wrong. Being “knocked up” isn’t much fun. Racist comments hurt all of us. I exhausted the top 10 list before I ran out of outrageous instances ignored by the Palins.

The National Organization for Women named David Letterman to their Hall of Shame. Will Letterman be joining Jay Leno? Conan O’Brien? Craig Ferguson? Seth Myers? Rush Limbaugh? Or John McCain? Of course not! I guess N.O.W. didn’t bother checking Sarah Palin’s “feminist” credentials. All across America, right wing radio and television talk show hosts feigned outrage in perfect synchronicity. The same people who back up Palin’s high drama assertions against Letterman ignored the connections between Bill O’Reilly’s irresponsible incitement and the murder of Dr. George Tiller. David Letterman, a late night entertainer, apologized. Fox New’s Bill O’Reilly has not.

As a parent, I understand being defensive. I just wonder what took so long. Why now?

Because she isn't running for vice president anymore and needs all the attention she can grab.

And just for good measure, in case you all missed it during the campaign, here is Sarah Palin giggling at local shock jocks calling former state congresswoman Republican Lyda Green a "bitch" and calling her a "cancer," when everyone knows she is a cancer survivor.

Link to Article
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:45 pm

So I guess if everybody does it that makes it OK.. Seems the left should follow their leader and not lower themselves to the "level" of their opponents.. But I guess not because it seems the left enjoys crude jokes about kids as well..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:18 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
So I guess if everybody does it that makes it OK.. Seems the left should follow their leader and not lower themselves to the "level" of their opponents.. But I guess not because it seems the left enjoys crude jokes about kids as well..

Including Sarah, who is the one throwing the hissy fit. The republican party is starting to be the republican whiner party. Sad Sad

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 Youtub10

LEAVE SARAH ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

laugh until I cry

We get it...Jokes bad. Exploiting your children for political gain good.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:04 am

^ So it seems we are in agreement that both parties enjoy crude jokes... The left enjoyed the Palin jokes and the right thought the Chelsea Clinton jokes were a hit.. At least it's a little common ground..
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Lettermans latest apology was accepted more by some people. I personally found it too little too late.
David Letterman knew exactly which daughter was at that game with her mother (what a crime that was, to go to game with your mother Rolling Eyes ). Should somehow Letterman not have known (which there is no way) then he is not only obnoxious, classless, senile and bitter...he really is ignorant! My vote is all of the above Grin .
As for some saying Sarah Palin made way too much of it I can't see how, some classless old man verbally attacted her daughter. What was she supposed to do, send him a thank you card? doh

Bottom line is Letterman was way out of line, he issued the first statement as an apology that was anythng but, just laced with even more of his sarcastic bull crap. Then came this last one and why???.....because he knew things had backfired on his little hate attack that he blew off as a joke. Had Letterman been sorry, he would have issued the last apology the first time, not after it all blew up on him
I know if that was my daughter (either of them) I would have placed a law suit on him for deflamation of character, slander and anything else I could think of along the way.
Imus screwed up and he was wrong, the GOP politician screwed up with his classless racist comments, Letterman personally/verbally attacked Sarah Palin and her daughters (both of them) and imo Letterman should be off the air like Imus and the GOP member should be ousted from office as well.
There is no way to sugar coat it with liberal spin......Letterman is a classless, pathetic and bitter old man Mad and the only one laughing at his tasteless jokes is his equally pathetic excuse of a human being......his side kick band director. Lettermans puppet. Rolling Eyes

I was very glad that Palin turned down the offer for her and her family to be a guest on Lettermans show. That would only give him a boost in ratings.

Next time I may tell everyone what I really think..... razz2 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:00 pm

Drifter, how do you KNOW that Letterman knew exactly which daughter was with the Palins? Link? I can easily see how a mixup occurred.

Why do you think that there was no similar outrage in the examples given five posts up from this one? A month after jokes on SNL about her husband "doing" her daughter, Palin appeared on the show. That's a little outrageous, too, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot   Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letterman Is An Obnoxious Idiot
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next