The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...

Go down 
+4
gringaloca
Lucas McCain
The Drifter
Judge Roy Bean
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... Empty
PostSubject: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:11 am

Tell us some positive things you think about him. What ideas of his do you agree with or like? No bashing in this thread, just positive remarks.

Last edited by Judge Roy Bean on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:24 am

I don't "hate" Obama. Hate is a pretty strong word. I will say that I absolutley disagree with most of what he has done and more than that I fear his true agenda is.
As for the positives, I 100% agree when he said that he did not want to pursue any investigation/prosecution on the waterboarding charges. Then he flip flopped on that one. I don't mean to bash and was just saying that I agreed with his original statement before he changed it.
I am sure that I may think of somethings that I agree with and will post them when and if I think of them.
I hope this post is o.k., I am not meaning to bash, just giving my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:07 am

Nothing yet..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:27 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Tell us some positive things you think about him. What ideas of his do you agree with or like? No bashing in this thread, just positive remarks.

1. He is proving to be a great diplomat which is what this country needs to repair our reputation around the world.

2. He has reduced the taxes of 95% of Americans including myself, so I'm thrilled about that.

3. SCHIP

4. Lifted the ban on stem cell research.

5. He is closing Guantanamo.

6. He doesn't support torture in any form.

7. He has taken action with our economy instead of doing nothing. He gathered the greatest economic minds and did what he could with the situation handed to him.

8. He has returned funding to planned parenthood so that teens and people with limited funds can get birth control and avoid unwanted pregnancies. They can also receive free pap smears and other minor care to avoid spreading STD's.

9. He wants to make it easier for everyone to attend college and return our country to #1 in the amount of college graduates.

10. He supports gay rights and is more open minded towards the gay community.

11. He wasn't raised with a silver spoon stuck in his mouth and worked hard to get where he is today vs having his entire political career/education handed to him because of his last name. I feel he's more like one of us.

12. He understand that this is not a Christian nation but a nation made up of many different beliefs systems and that everyone has the right to believe or not believe. He also realizes that Muslims are not the enemy.

13. He is the first African-American president and it warms my heart knowing that the majority of our country is finally past the racial divide and elected a man who was not only black but had a "funny" name.

14. He is determined to provide health insurance to ALL Americans.

I could go on but I've got errands to run. Coffee
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:38 am

gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

1. He is proving to be a great diplomat which is what this country needs to repair our reputation around the world.

2. He has reduced the taxes of 95% of Americans including myself, so I'm thrilled about that.

3. SCHIP

7. He has taken action with our economy instead of doing nothing. He gathered the greatest economic minds and did what he could with the situation handed to him.

8. He has returned funding to planned parenthood so that teens and people with limited funds can get birth control and avoid unwanted pregnancies. They can also receive free pap smears and other minor care to avoid spreading STD's.

9. He wants to make it easier for everyone to attend college and return our country to #1 in the amount of college graduates.

11. He wasn't raised with a silver spoon stuck in his mouth and worked hard to get where he is today vs having his entire political career/education handed to him because of his last name. I feel he's more like one of us.

12. He understand that this is not a Christian nation but a nation made up of many different beliefs systems and that everyone has the right to believe or not believe. He also realizes that Muslims are not the enemy.

13. He is the first African-American president and it warms my heart knowing that the majority of our country is finally past the racial divide and elected a man who was not only black but had a "funny" name.

So, you dislike Obama? With all this praise, it doesn't sound like it. Who Me?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

3. SCHIP

Oh sorry. I just realized this was a I hate obama but here are the things I like about him post. doh I wrote this before my morning coffee. But oh well. Those are some of the things I like about him. Oh and add the Lilly Ledbetter act for women to get equal pay! razz2
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:52 am

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

3. SCHIP

Laughing Laughing Laughing I love it!! Beer Toast to you my friend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:13 am

I was just reminded of one thing that I like that Obama. has done (maybe). He lifted the stem cell research ban, my (maybe) disclaimer was due to he has said that he will not allow some way out laft wing idiot wacko mad (my analogy) scientest to start misusuing it to use it for clonig in any way, shape or form. As said, Obam said that but it is certainly not like he hasn't gone back on what he has "said" before since he took office.

I suffer from a progressive form of a disease with no known cure (M.S.) that stem cell reasearch may help and that would be welcome news. Probably would not help me (by the time all is approved and reaearch started and finished) but very possible that it may someone in the future could be helped by it.
I wouldn't wish this terrible/crippling disease on anyone. M.S. has taken practically everything physically from me and robbed me of a lot of things that are taken for granted (like walking) that I used to do. I have also had a maternal grandmother die of ALS (Lou Gherig's) desiease, another crippling an ALS being a fatal neurological disease. My wifes grandmother died of Altshiemer's and I have a good frien that his mother is in the last stages of that terrible diseae.

So, I hope (and pray) that cures can be found and Mr. Obama does not go back on his word and let abuses of this reasearch ruin it.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 am

The Drifter wrote:
I was just reminded of one thing that I like that Obama. has done (maybe). He lifted the stem cell research ban, my (maybe) disclaimer was due to he has said that he will not allow some way out laft wing idiot wacko mad (my analogy) scientest to start misusuing it to use it for clonig in any way, shape or form. As said, Obam said that but it is certainly not like he hasn't gone back on what he has "said" before since he took office.

I suffer from a progressive form of a disease with no known cure (M.S.) that stem cell reasearch may help and that would be welcome news. Probably would not help me (by the time all is approved and reaearch started and finished) but very possible that it may someone in the future could be helped by it.
I wouldn't wish this terrible/crippling disease on anyone. M.S. has taken practically everything physically from me and robbed me of a lot of things that are taken for granted (like walking) that I used to do. I have also had a maternal grandmother die of ALS (Lou Gherig's) desiease, another crippling an ALS being a fatal neurological disease. My wifes grandmother died of Altshiemer's and I have a good frien that his mother is in the last stages of that terrible diseae.

So, I hope (and pray) that cures can be found and Mr. Obama does not go back on his word and let abuses of this reasearch ruin it.

I understand. I just lost a family member (a little boy) to Hurlers Syndrome yesterday and I have another little cousin with MD. I developed chronic ulcerative colitis when I was 12 and had my colon removed shortly after. I've lived with it my whole life and have spent many weeks in the hospital and have been under the knife more times than I care to remember. I hope stem cell research makes leaps and bounds in the medical field. Bush's anti-science stance had everything at a stand still.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:11 am

gringaloca wrote:

[/quote]

I will comment on your reasons that you like him for and I strongly disagree with and/or find them flat out hilarious.......

with all due respect....

1. He has went overseas and frankly imo embarrassed this country by apologizing to anyone and everyone when there is nothing to apologize to terrorist nations or do nothing countries like France for. Mr. Obama has weakend this country and our military by doing this, a travesty imo. How about he bows to us rather than Arab kings? Mad

5. Another huge mistake imo, setting terrorist prisoners free that our military men and women fought and died to fight in the war on terror, another "spit in the face" Mad . BTW, no matter what Obama wants to call it now, it is war!

6. Torture?? This country hasn't "tortured" anyone....beheading a man, hangings and beating countless others are torture along with mass killings of their own people is toruture. That is just some of the things our enemy has done and Oh, along with flying planes into buildings that killed thousands of inocent Americans on the terrible day.
I have NO Sympathy for "waterboarding" that gained valuble info on future attacks (and yes it did do that), Obama's own cabintet members said that it did. So I do to agree with all of the ones that claim torture.

7. What? Scratch Head Obama has quadrupled what was already a very high debt. Obama and congress are imo wanting to bankrupt this country and a have complete goverment contolled society. I hope that I am wrong and that is JMO.

10. I won't comment much on this one other than to say that as far as gay marriage I believe that marriage is and should be ordained between a man and a woman only. That is in the bible.... a gay life not being right. I stick by my values and and trust God rather than the government. That's all I have to say about that and will comment no further on it............in other words, God said it, I believe it and that's it! Wink

11. Another Scratch Head I am not commenting on how he was raised, I do have majior concerns with the pulpit and Rev, Wright's church that he sat in for 20+ years and his buddy Bill Ayers who's living room he sat in to plan a launch of his camapign. BTW, did they ever conform or validate Obama's birth cerificate Smile ?

12. This absolutely and without question is a Christian nation, just because he buddies up with athiest wackos doesn't change the fact. I just don't believe that him and others want it to be based on or be a Christian nation. At least all founding fathers built this great nation on Christian principles, Oh yeah, Obama is wanting to re write the constitution as well. Just because today's liberals do not want a Christian nation does not and cannot change that fact.

13. I have no problem at all with his skin color! I do not agree with what he stands for. Another problem now is that anytime that somewone disagrees with Obama's policies then they are labled a racist, that is just wrong! Obama and his people, have a perfect trumpcard to play and that is all we hear, it is imo ridiculous!

14. I am in favor of that BUT, if you think that health care is expensive now, just wait until it's free. Laughing

Finally, I certainly respect and have no problem with your right to post your opinions and have no problem with you doing so. I just have the right to disagree as well.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell/grammar checking)
Back to top Go down
Curly Bill

Curly Bill

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:26 pm

Tried real hard but cant come up with anything good. Scratch Head
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:07 am

The Drifter wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

1. He is proving to be a great diplomat...

I will comment on your reasons that you like him for and I strongly disagree with and/or find them flat out hilarious.......

[/quote]

Opinions are like buttholes, everybodys got one. Thanks for sharing yours. And just so you know, this is not a Christian nation. Just because Christians out number anyone else, doesn't make this a "Christian nation". This country was created to escape such beliefs. Many of our founding fathers were atheists. Mixing religion and politics always creates a disaster. I'm a Christian and I feel that separation of church and state is important to the survival of this country. I wish I could dissect every one of your "points" but I've wrote enough novels on here already and some people are so set in their ways that it's silly of me to waste my time trying to show the other side. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : work on quote)
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Curly Bill wrote:

Same here Curly. I'm a true conservative...He's not thrown me a single bone yet. I thought he was supposed to be a unifier. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:46 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Curly Bill wrote:

Same here Curly. I'm a true conservative...He's not thrown me a single bone yet. I thought he was supposed to be a unifier. Rolling Eyes

It's hard to unify people who refuse to be unified. no no
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:18 am

gringaloca wrote:

Opinions are like buttholes, everybodys got one. Thanks for sharing yours. And just so you know, this is not a Christian nation. Just because Christians out number anyone else, doesn't make this a "Christian nation". This country was created to escape such beliefs. Many of our founding fathers were atheists. Mixing religion and politics always creates a disaster. I'm a Christian and I feel that separation of church and state is important to the survival of this country. I wish I could dissect every one of your "points" but I've wrote enough novels on here already and some people are so set in their ways that it's silly of me to waste my time trying to show the other side. Rolling Eyes
I strongly disagree but as you so "respectfully" said Rolling Eyes , you know what opinions are like . When a reference to Christianity/God is written in practically every document out founding fathers put forth then I call it a Christian nation. As for the Christians far out numbering the other faiths I agree. I do believe that this country recognizes and respects other religions but imo make NO mistake about it. The United States of America was founded on Christian beliefs and values and no mattrer how bad someone wants to dispute it they cannot. People have been trying to and persecuting Christians for 2,000 years. That is nothing new and that still does not change the fact that this country is a Christian nation......One Nation, Under God!
We live in a time today when there are several in a minority (and not in race or skin color, I don't even want to see a racist suggestion in this, it is not meant that way at all and I frankly take exception to anything that even remotely suggest that!) that seem to want to rule the majority.
I am talking mostly about some of these way out liberal view points (about any variety of subjects, abortion, gun control, gay rights,etc.) that usually come from the "Hollyweird" crew and the self proclaimed Gods like Oprah and those clowns on "the View", they claim they are "the way" so to speak and no one else's opinion matters, it is sickining.
Just like I have heard on the news and through other venues several claim racist to and about anyone that may disagree with anything that President Obama says. I am not a racist in any way, shape or form but I do disagree with alot of what Mr. Obama says and does, not bc he is African American, because I don't agree with some of his policies and find them to be boderline if not all out socialist.

I haven't been posting on here very long and can plainly see that opinions about politics are strong. I expect that and I have tried to be respectful to all opinions even if I strongly disagree.
I have however seen a few "comments/suggestions" like I mentioned earlier in this post thrown around that are imo borderline personal about individual posters and/or their motives. I post on here, some of my opinions are strong ones and sometimes I like to joke around but I will never suggest anything "personal" about another poster.
I didn't mean to go on and I won't comment any further on it, was just the way I took some things.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm

gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Curly Bill wrote:

It's hard to unify people who refuse to be unified. no no

I'm afraid unify means comply to this admin.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:58 pm

The Drifter wrote:
I have however seen a few "comments/suggestions" like I mentioned earlier in this post thrown around that are imo borderline personal about individual posters and/or their motives.

We want to remind everyone that the site has a "Report a Post" feature. You'll find a little red triangle with a exclamation mark in it, at the top, right-hand corner of every post. We encourage you to use it, if you honestly believe that a post CLEARLY breaks one of our rules.

We've always said that this site belongs to all of its members. So we hope that you all will help us to keep things clean by utilizing (with restraint) this feature. Doing this will help our moderators keep the board in top shape.

Thanks,

The Admin. Team
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:13 pm

The Drifter wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

I strongly disagree but as you so "respectfully" said Rolling Eyes , you know what opinions are like . When a reference to Christianity/God is written in practically every document out founding fathers put forth then I call it a Christian nation. As for the Christians far out numbering the other faiths I agree. I do believe that this country recognizes and respects other religions but imo make NO mistake about it. The United States of America was founded on Christian beliefs and values and no mattrer how bad someone wants to dispute it they cannot. People have been trying to and persecuting Christians for 2,000 years. That is nothing new and that still does not change the fact that this country is a Christian nation......One Nation, Under God!
We live in a time today when there are several in a minority (and not in race or skin color, I don't even want to see a racist suggestion in this, it is not meant that way at all and I frankly take exception to anything that even remotely suggest that!) that seem to want to rule the majority.
I am talking mostly about some of these way out liberal view points (about any variety of subjects, abortion, gun control, gay rights,etc.) that usually come from the "Hollyweird" crew and the self proclaimed Gods like Oprah and those clowns on "the View", they claim they are "the way" so to speak and no one else's opinion matters, it is sickining.
Just like I have heard on the news and through other venues several claim racist to and about anyone that may disagree with anything that President Obama says. I am not a racist in any way, shape or form but I do disagree with alot of what Mr. Obama says and does, not bc he is African American, because I don't agree with some of his policies and find them to be boderline if not all out socialist.

I haven't been posting on here very long and can plainly see that opinions about politics are strong. I expect that and I have tried to be respectful to all opinions even if I strongly disagree.
I have however seen a few "comments/suggestions" like I mentioned earlier in this post thrown around that are imo borderline personal about individual posters and/or their motives. I post on here, some of my opinions are strong ones and sometimes I like to joke around but I will never suggest anything "personal" about another poster.
I didn't mean to go on and I won't comment any further on it, was just the way I took some things.

I am a Christian and I don't feel like I'm being attacked all the time. And as a Christian I know more people have been murdered in the name of God than for any other cause. I think people forget what Jesus taught, which was to love thy neighbor. Jesus was a pacifist.

And I know you said you wouldn't address this further but I'm really curious. What documents are you referring to? And when God is referred to, what makes you think that means a Christian God. And I think the under God part to the pledge wasn't even added until the 50's. I'm not bashing Christians because I am one but I think that saying that this is a Christian nation is going a little far. This nation is a melting pot of all sorts of people with all sorts of faiths or no religious beliefs at all. Nowhere in any documents from our founding fathers does it say we are a "Christian nation". I feel it's a slippery slope to use such language because it makes it sound like our wars are holy wars and that is not what this is all about. I mean WWJD? I just have a bad taste in my mouth about this whole thing especially when so many Christians believe that the republican party is Gods party. Politics need to stay out of religion and vice versa. It causes too many problems. Being good and doing the right thing isn't just for Christians.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Obama, But...
Page 1 of 1