The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But... Empty
PostSubject: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:09 am

Tell us some things he did a president that you agreed with. No bashing in this thread, just positive remarks.

Last edited by Judge Roy Bean on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:17 am

I can think of a few, but he significantly increased the foreign aid to Africa, which was long overdue.

And for the record, I don't hate former President Bush.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Tell us some things he did a president that you agreed with. No bashing in this thread, just positive remarks.

I'm still giving this one some thought. He did duck really quickly when that man threw the shoe at him. Wink Great reflexes. I'll come up with some more. Just give me time. Scratch Head And that wasn't a bash. I'm really trying here. And personally I don't "hate" anyone. I think we could all do without hate in this country. There's too much of it already.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:54 pm

I hesitate to post here, because I certainly didn't hate President Bush, but I did struggle with him as our president. I felt like I gave him a fair shot when he was elected president. I won't go into all of the things that I disagreed with him on, but I will give what I did/do like.

1. I strongly agreed with his ideas on immigration and the guest workers pass.

2. I think he's probably a fun person to hang out with. I'd be happy to share a drink or two with him.

3. Laura Bush is wonderful! If she married him, there has to be a lot in him that is worthwhile.

4. He has some of the funniest gaffes (not sure if that is the right word)...such as "fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice....(pause) you ain't gonna fool me again!"
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:

I've searched these past few days trying to find something good to say about Bush because I really was having a hard time thinking of anything. The only thing I could find was the added aid to Africa but even that has strings attached.. Nii Akuetteh, executive director of Africa Action said
Quote :
There are conditions that are attached where the emphasis is more on countries that open up their markets so American companies can go in and privatise things.
So it seems that making money is a part of the plan for the US. And I also believe that since a lot of the AIDS relief is being influenced by Bush's ultra-conservative Christian supporters it may do more harm than good. The reason being, teaching sexual abstinence instead of teaching people how to use condoms is rather counterproductive especially since Africa is having an AIDS epidemic like no other country on earth.

OK, I did the best I could finding good stuff. Angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But...   OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK, You Hate (or strongly dislike) Bush, But...
Page 1 of 1