The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There is one thing I miss about Bush.

Go down 
+3
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
Audra Barkley
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

There is one thing I miss about Bush. Empty
PostSubject: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:21 pm

His adventures in public speaking! rofl

"I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office."

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."

"It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose the loss of a life."

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"When the governor calls I answer his phone."

"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better."

"Rarely is the question asked; Is our children learning?"

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"My job is a decision making job, and as a result, I make a lot of decisions."

"The great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."

What a great mind! popcorn
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
His adventures in public speaking! rofl

"I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office."

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."

"It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose the loss of a life."

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"When the governor calls I answer his phone."

"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better."

"Rarely is the question asked; Is our children learning?"

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"My job is a decision making job, and as a result, I make a lot of decisions."

"The great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."

What a great mind! popcorn

I am so with you. Comedians everywhere are mourning the loss of Bush as our president. He was a regular material factory!! I'll post some more when I get back from my evening out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:18 pm

More for the comedy lovers.. Funny stuff...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIqzvTgowJc
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Spit rofl

laugh until I cry laugh until I cry laugh until I cry Flag
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:31 am

Fall Off Chair rofl Laughing Razz Spit laugh until I cry
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:23 pm

He's an idiot because he hadn't slept in 48 hours? The man was tired. Was Bush tired for 8 years? His wife said he was in bed at 9:00 pm every single night. Rolling Eyes Stir The Pot Boxing razz2 rofl laugh until I cry Spit Ride Who Me? rendeer study jocolor thumb
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:21 pm

gringaloca wrote:
He's an idiot because he hadn't slept in 48 hours? The man was tired. Was Bush tired for 8 years? His wife said he was in bed at 9:00 pm every single night. Rolling Eyes Stir The Pot Boxing razz2 rofl laugh until I cry Spit Ride Who Me? rendeer study jocolor thumb

There's always an excuse for "The One". Right?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:35 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

There's always an excuse for "The One". Right?

Who is "the one"? The only time he is referred to as a messiah type figure is on fixed news. Try a different channel. Razz I certainly don't think he's perfect and I don't know anyone else who thinks he's God except the republicans. Smells like jealousy. Wink And yes, he was tired. What was Bush's excuse for eight years of duh moments?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Obama does have trouble without a teleprompter. Tired or not..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO-24VhiO14
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

Why isn't anyone answering my question? What was Bush's excuse? Razz And of course Pres Obama is going to mess up from time to time, he's human. Bush, well, he couldn't open his mouth without firmly planting his foot in it. Are you actually saying that Barack is as bad as George was? Come on! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 pm

Let's give President Bush the benefit of being human, too. Wink
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:02 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:

I know he is human as well but it doesn't answer my question. I can understand messing up now and then but the fact is President Obama has made himself available to the press much more often that Bush ever did, so of course he's going to mess up. Bush was hardly ever on TV and almost every time he did something or said something ignorant. And when he didn't know what he was trying to say, he would just make up words. I know you are middle of the road but I'm not. Razz I never liked the guy. I thought he was an embarrassment and every time he opened his mouth I would cringe waiting for the stupidity to ensue.

Stratgery, misunderestimated, scatology, Hezbollian, irregardless, nuculer, etc..

Remarks by the President at Back to School Event
Parkview Arts and Science Magnet High School
Little Rock, Arkansas
"If you don't have any ambitions, the minimum wage job isn't going to get you to where you want to get, for example. In other words, what is your ambitions; and oh, by the way, if that is your ambition, here's what it's going to take to achieve it. It's kind of a reality check."

July 3, 2003
President Bush Discusses Upcoming Africa Trip in Roundtable Interview with African Print Journalists
The Roosevelt Room
"As to whether or not -- look, once the strategy is in place, I will let people know whether or not I'm airborne or not. In other words, I'm not trying to make any -- I don't need to dramatize the decision. It's getting plenty of attention here at home. But we've got -- and look, I'm just gathering enough information to be rational in what we do.

February 9, 2004
President Meets with Workers and Small Business Owners on Economy
SRC Automotive
Springfield, Missouri
"Except when you're marching to war, it's not a very optimistic thought, is it? In other words, it's the opposite of optimistic when you're thinking you're going to war."

I mean, it's painful to read this stuff. It reminds me of someone else who was in the public eye a while back.

Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:55 am

All posted were good ones but lets face it, the late night comedians didn't have to work for Slick Willy Clinton jokes. They wrote themselves.

"I guess that would depend on what the definition of "is"...."is"" Fall Off Chair ...."I did not have sex with that woman" Laughing
Paula Jones, Monica, the "Cigar", Whitewater............the list goes on and on. Bill Clinton was walking joke. One of the best ones that I heard just was after Bush won the election was "the first thing that Bush will do is to have the oval office carpet steam cleaned and sanitized and order a new chair"

I get a laugh out of all of them, unless it gets to the classless Letterman crap of attacking underage children. Letterman is just a pathetic, bitter old man that needs to go away. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:01 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
thumb He was a poor puiblic speaker but was human and not a tele promter robot. We have seen what happen to Obama when they messed his telepromter up, he didn't even know what he was talking about . Stammered around and then stopped completely. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:11 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Laughing thumb Obama, like most liberals has trouble with jokes or critisizm about themselves. Obama has been praised and pampered by so many for so long that he doesn't know how to act or respond to critisizm and everyone not falling at his feet in praise.
I have got some breaking news for him (Obama).......there has not been a president, Republican or Democrat in history that as never had jokes told about them or been critisized Duck! and there never will be. Wink
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:47 am

The Drifter wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Laughing thumb Obama, like most liberals has trouble with jokes or critisizm about themselves. Obama has been praised and pampered by so many for so long that he doesn't know how to act or respond to critisizm and everyone not falling at his feet in praise.
I have got some breaking news for him (Obama).......there has not been a president, Republican or Democrat in history that as never had jokes told about them or been critisized Duck! and there never will be. Wink

The bolded is only true of liberals? Most conservatives are fine with jokes and criticisms?

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Why do we think that political ideology is a result of or determines personal characteristics? Why do we want so badly to keep widening the divide between ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:57 am

The Drifter wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
thumb He was a poor puiblic speaker but was human and not a tele promter robot. We have seen what happen to Obama when they messed his telepromter up, he didn't even know what he was talking about . Stammered around and then stopped completely. Laughing

Any many times he has done just fine without a teleprompter.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
The Drifter wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

Any many times he has done just fine without a teleprompter.

thumb thumb Very good point there Annie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is one thing I miss about Bush.   There is one thing I miss about Bush. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There is one thing I miss about Bush.
Page 1 of 1