The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky

Go down 
+6
Kgirl
Mongo
Annie Oakley
Pat Garrett
Lucas McCain
Doc Holiday
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 pm

The outbreak of Swine Flu in the U.S. is widening, as 20 cases, in five states have now been reported. The government drclared a public health emergency Sunday morning, and has released one quarter of its strategic stockpile of the Tamiflu anti-viral medication.

Are you concerned about this outbreak? What kind of personal steps might you take to protect yourself and your family?

Last edited by Doc Holiday on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:08 pm

I usually don't get too concerned about these kind of out-breaks, but considering the origin of this virus and the fact that I'm not getting any younger does cause me some fear...
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:04 pm

You can go to cdc.gov and sign up for updates on this.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:09 pm

Pat Garrett wrote:

Welcome to the site, Pat! Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Pat Garrett wrote:

Welcome to the site, Pat! Beer Toast
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:33 pm

There is one confirmed case in Ohio. If anyone is concerned enough to get a mask to wear. Make sure you get a mask with at least a rating of n95.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:35 pm

Pat Garrett wrote:
There is one confirmed case in Ohio. If anyone is concerned enough to get a mask to wear. Make sure you get a mask with at least a rating of n95.
Scary stuff! affraid
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Pat Garrett wrote:
Correct on the N95 mask. I worked for public health for close to 30 years (retired) and I would almost pass out everytime I was fitted for one of those darn things.

This could be serious stuff. I am waiting to see what kind of actions our state and local governments take and I will follow suit. If they tell me to take something I believe I will just be there and wait in line. I, of course, will follow-up with my good friends who are still working public health and see what they say.

My brother and his wife are just getting back from a cruise to Mexico. I do hope they don't bring something back. Well other than me a really cool gift Smile

Oh before I forget....Welcome aboard Pat Garrett.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:02 pm

I hope none of this is caused by flying pigs, we could be dealing with swinavian flu then.

Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky Pigfly
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:20 am

The first U.S. death from the Swine Flu was reported last night. It was a 23 month old child. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 am

Doc Holiday wrote:
The first U.S. death from the Swine Flu was reported last night. It was a 23 month old child. Crying or Very sad
I just heard that on the radio. How sad.
Back to top Go down
John Reid
Homesteader
Homesteader
John Reid

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Why are we as a nation having a hissy over a flu that's killed 150 people in Mexico when over 13,000 people die of regular flu in the US every year. Media panic sets in yet again.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:58 pm

John Reid wrote:
Why are we as a nation having a hissy over a flu that's killed 150 people in Mexico when over 13,000 people die of regular flu in the US every year. Media panic sets in yet again.
Give that man a cigar! thumb
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
John Reid wrote:
Give that man a cigar! thumb
I was wondering the same thing this morning. In fact, I thought it was something like 30-35,000 each year.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
I hope none of this is caused by flying pigs, we could be dealing with swinavian flu then.

Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky Pigfly

OH NO! I've been around that pig before. We're doomed. lol. I'm not going to start freaking out about this until we have a real reason to freak out. 36,000 people die each year from the flu in the US. There's no need to panic unless people start dropping like flies. I have a damaged liver and my immune system sucks so if it is going to take me out, well, I guess that's the way it is but I'm not sweating bullets yet.

And I did see where someone said that we should be worried because of it's origin above. Could they explain that comment?
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm

gringaloca wrote:
OH NO! I've been around that pig before. We're doomed. lol. I'm not going to start freaking out about this until we have a real reason to freak out. 36,000 people die each year from the flu in the US. There's no need to panic unless people start dropping like flies. I have a damaged liver and my immune system sucks so if it is going to take me out, well, I guess that's the way it is but I'm not sweating bullets yet.

And I did see where someone said that we should be worried because of it's origin above. Could they explain that comment?
Ha ha! I had that pig fly right over me at the Animals tour. So cool!

All the fuss is media driven, I'd say. Ratings are everything for them.

I think what the poster meant by the origin is that's it's so close to the U.S. and could be easily spread throughout the country.
Back to top Go down
John Reid
Homesteader
Homesteader
John Reid

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:25 am

Egypt slaughtered like 300,000+ pigs yesterday. I needs me a beer, some BBQ sauce and some slaw. Let's do this cookout Memphis style.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:48 pm

John Reid wrote:
Egypt slaughtered like 300,000+ pigs yesterday. I needs me a beer, some BBQ sauce and some slaw. Let's do this cookout Memphis style.

HA HA HA HA! Yes! I thought the same thing. Could you imagine? Hanging out by the pyramids, downing one Memphis after another? Woohoo! I don't understand why they did it because the pigs are no longer the problem. I have a pig that lives out in my backyard and he's actually not feeling too well right now. I guess I should call the vet and make sure I don't have pot belly pig flu growing in my backyard. lol
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Swine flu has now reached Kentucky. A case has been diagnosed in Bowling Green. The person is hospitalized in Georgia, after having traveled there prior to diagnosis.
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:37 pm

There is also a unconfirmed case of a child in the Barren River area of Kentucky.
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:36 pm

I am a Eucharistic Minister at my church and I got a call tonight telling me that we were not going to have "the blood of Christ" tomorrow night at mass. I was wondering about this today whether it would be safe to have this or not considering you don't know who might have a fever and is still taking it.

I know you aren't suppose to accept the Blood of Christ if you are sick but some people either choose to ignore this or simply forget.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Kgirl wrote:
I am a Eucharistic Minister at my church and I got a call tonight telling me that we were not going to have "the blood of Christ" tomorrow night at mass. I was wondering about this today whether it would be safe to have this or not considering you don't know who might have a fever and is still taking it.

I know you aren't suppose to accept the Blood of Christ if you are sick but some people either choose to ignore this or simply forget.

With the 7 day incubation period, some may not even know they are infected, too.
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Kgirl wrote:

With the 7 day incubation period, some may not even know they are infected, too.
You are quite right. I just think it is a wise decision by our priest to not offer the Blood of Christ as part of the mass.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:27 pm

John Reid wrote:
That's about what I was thinking as well JR. I mean, be concerned......Yes, go into an all out panic.....No. Of course, that is what the media does best over anything.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:06 pm

There is now a suspected case of Swine Flu just north of Cincinnati, in Butler County, Ohio.

Full Story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky   Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swine Flu Now Found in Kentucky
Page 1 of 1