The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin Empty
PostSubject: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 4:27 am

Clay County, Kentucky has a reputation for corrupt government. After years of federal investigations and numerous authorities landing in jail, each progressive revelation becomes that much less shocking.

But this one still packs a punch.

According to local media:

A former Clay County election officer plans to plead guilty to a charge that he took part in a vote-buying scheme with prominent public officials.

The attorney for Paul E. Bishop filed a motion Thursday seeking a hearing for him to plead guilty to one count of racketeering.

That charge alleges that members of the conspiracy used the county Board of Elections as a vehicle to corrupt voting between 2002 and 2007 so they could hold on to power and enrich themselves and others.

Other officials suspected to be involved include a county clerk, the school superintendent, a circuit judge, the democratic election commissioner and another elections official. No word as yet whether Bishop has plans to testify against his co-defendants.

But here's the real juicy bit:

According to court documents, some worked at polling places, making sure people voted for candidates they were supposed to and then giving them stickers or tickets, which the voters then showed at other locations to get cash from others involved in the conspiracy.

The indictment said Bishop, a Republican election officer in the Manchester precinct in 2002 and 2004, hosted meetings at his house where candidates for office pooled money to use in buying votes.

He also bought votes at the polling place, giving voters a mark or ticket so they could get paid later, the indictment says.

Bishop and [elections official William] Stivers also used OxyContin to buy votes at the direction of [School Superintendent Douglas] Adams in 2002, former Manchester assistant police Chief Todd Roberts told investigators, according to another court document.

With all due respect, he may have just been trying to drum up some extra listeners for Rush Limbaugh.

link
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:03 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Clay County, Kentucky has a reputation for corrupt government. After years of federal investigations and numerous authorities landing in jail, each progressive revelation becomes that much less shocking.

But this one still packs a punch.

According to local media:

A former Clay County election officer plans to plead guilty to a charge that he took part in a vote-buying scheme with prominent public officials.

The attorney for Paul E. Bishop filed a motion Thursday seeking a hearing for him to plead guilty to one count of racketeering.

That charge alleges that members of the conspiracy used the county Board of Elections as a vehicle to corrupt voting between 2002 and 2007 so they could hold on to power and enrich themselves and others.

Other officials suspected to be involved include a county clerk, the school superintendent, a circuit judge, the democratic election commissioner and another elections official. No word as yet whether Bishop has plans to testify against his co-defendants.

But here's the real juicy bit:

According to court documents, some worked at polling places, making sure people voted for candidates they were supposed to and then giving them stickers or tickets, which the voters then showed at other locations to get cash from others involved in the conspiracy.

The indictment said Bishop, a Republican election officer in the Manchester precinct in 2002 and 2004, hosted meetings at his house where candidates for office pooled money to use in buying votes.

He also bought votes at the polling place, giving voters a mark or ticket so they could get paid later, the indictment says.

Bishop and [elections official William] Stivers also used OxyContin to buy votes at the direction of [School Superintendent Douglas] Adams in 2002, former Manchester assistant police Chief Todd Roberts told investigators, according to another court document.

With all due respect, he may have just been trying to drum up some extra listeners for Rush Limbaugh.

link

Well Gringa, I am from Clay County. It is a pitiful situation to say the least. This has been going on for as far as I can remember. It sheds a little light on why Clay County is one of, if not THE poorest county in the country.

With all due respect to you, to compare Rush with these people is down right wrong! You may not agree with Rush's view on this country and how it should be governed. You may not agree with how Rush gets his point across. Rush is a lot of things, one of which is a patriot, one that loves his country as much as anyone. He is a VERY generous and successful business man that has millions of hard working Americans that share his views.

Rush became addicted to prescription drugs while dealing with severe pain. He did what he had to do and kicked the habit. Many abusers can't say that. He should be commended for his fight to get back on top.

The way this country is divided over politics right now makes us all say things we regret. Myself right in the boat. We now have a President that is farther left than any before him. It amazes me how the left expects conservatives to bow to him and his policies. It looks to us like he would rather unify with terrorists than true conservatives, surely you must understand.

The compassion we have for our "sides" is strong and should stay that way as long as we keep personal attacks out of it. To compare Rush and his listeners to the election stealing/vote selling thugs of Clay County is quite condescending and quite frankly, I think you should apologize.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Thanks for your feelings but the subject remains that republicans bought votes with oxycontin and the view that Rush is a patriot is not a fact, it's an opinion that most people (thank God) don't share with you. He's been a drug addict and still may be. It's not like any of the ditto heads would know. I just find it interesting how much compassion you have for his drug addiction but when Obama is truthful about trying drugs in his youth, you show no mercy at all.
I'll never apologize for my views of Rush Limbaugh unlike all the republicans who call him out on his hate-mongering polarizing views and later crawl back apologizing because they fear his far-right followers. People talk about democrats treating Obama like he's the messiah, look at how you are acting about Rush. Asking me to apologize because he was and still may be a pill popping blow hard. Give me a flipping break. He needs to be apologizing to all the people he has attacked and treated like trash, starting with Michael J. Fox. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:25 am

Gringa, what was his issue with Michael J. Fox?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:19 am

gringaloca wrote:
Thanks for your feelings but the subject remains that republicans bought votes with oxycontin and the view that Rush is a patriot is not a fact, it's an opinion that most people (thank God) don't share with you. He's been a drug addict and still may be. It's not like any of the ditto heads would know. I just find it interesting how much compassion you have for his drug addiction but when Obama is truthful about trying drugs in his youth, you show no mercy at all.
I'll never apologize for my views of Rush Limbaugh unlike all the republicans who call him out on his hate-mongering polarizing views and later crawl back apologizing because they fear his far-right followers. People talk about democrats treating Obama like he's the messiah, look at how you are acting about Rush. Asking me to apologize because he was and still may be a pill popping blow hard. Give me a flipping break. He needs to be apologizing to all the people he has attacked and treated like trash, starting with Michael J. Fox. Evil or Very Mad

I know every person involved in the election fraud case in Clay. Guess what? Many of them accused of buying votes with drugs are democrats.

The apology I asked for was mostly for the millions of military families that DO share Rush's views on policy.

Not for one second did I expect you to apologize. Categorizing decent Americans with election stealing, drug abusing, pill popping blowhards because they don't agree with you or President Obama is not surprising...It's the liberal way right now.

I have never made one single comment about BHO's drug use as a teenager, it's irrelevant.

It's obvious you have no idea who I am or what I stand for. It makes no difference what Rush or anyone else says, I am a conservative and simply do not agree with how the current administration (republicans & democrats) is governing. I am one of many that doesn't want more government intrusions in my families lives.

Again. I love you Gringa. I also love President Obama and hope he ends up being a blessing for our country. I just don't agree with his policies! Sometimes I may go too far with sarcasm, but never try and be hateful. Why can't you discuss the differences without spewing so much anger?

Oh, I almost forgot again. I meant to ask earlier. How is your husband recovering from his surgery? I hope he is doing fine.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:19 am

SKINNYPIG wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

I know every person involved in the election fraud case in Clay. Guess what? Many of them accused of buying votes with drugs are democrats.

The apology I asked for was mostly for the millions of military families that DO share Rush's views on policy.

Not for one second did I expect you to apologize. Categorizing decent Americans with election stealing, drug abusing, pill popping blowhards because they don't agree with you or President Obama is not surprising...It's the liberal way right now.

I have never made one single comment about BHO's drug use as a teenager, it's irrelevant.

It's obvious you have no idea who I am or what I stand for. It makes no difference what Rush or anyone else says, I am a conservative and simply do not agree with how the current administration (republicans & democrats) is governing. I am one of many that doesn't want more government intrusions in my families lives.

Again. I love you Gringa. I also love President Obama and hope he ends up being a blessing for our country. I just don't agree with his policies! Sometimes I may go too far with sarcasm, but never try and be hateful. Why can't you discuss the differences without spewing so much anger?

Oh, I almost forgot again. I meant to ask earlier. How is your husband recovering from his surgery? I hope he is doing fine.

Though your reply is not directed toward me, I hope that you don't mind my reply.

First, there are millions of military families that do NOT share Rush's viewpoints.

Secondly, is insulting a talking head synonmous with insulting anyone that agrees with his/her viewpoint?

Thirdly, I don't think some of us realize how we come across sometimes. Particularly in a political forum, we can lump people together that hold a certain viewpoint and attribute words to them that don't belong to them.

Lastly, as per THIS forum, we all need to treat each other with decency. Attack viewpoints, yes. Attack each other personally, no.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:40 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

Though your reply is not directed toward me, I hope that you don't mind my reply.

First, there are millions of military families that do NOT share Rush's viewpoints.

Secondly, is insulting a talking head synonmous with insulting anyone that agrees with his/her viewpoint?

Thirdly, I don't think some of us realize how we come across sometimes. Particularly in a political forum, we can lump people together that hold a certain viewpoint and attribute words to them that don't belong to them.

Lastly, as per THIS forum, we all need to treat each other with decency. Attack viewpoints, yes. Attack each other personally, no.

I welcome your reply Annie.

First, I am fully aware that there are millions that do not share Rush's viewpoints. I did not say that everybody did. There are many that agree with his view on how our government should govern but disagree with his methods...Should they be totally disregarded because BHO is our President? Don't forget, he's an entertainer.

Secondly, lumping Rush listeners (Ditto Heads) with the Clay County bunch the way Gringa did IMO was insulting to people that share Rush's views. At Least that's how I see it. Maybe I took it wrong, but I don't think so. Read her posts again.

Thirdly, I agree totally. Our country is more divided right now than I can ever remember, and that's why it's so tough to stay in line. Can you honestly tell me that you can't understand the frustration conservatives have???

Lastly, I will do my best to treat others with decency. It's tough Annie, it seems like anyone that does not agree with BHO and the current admin is getting attacked personally on a daily basis...Not just from the admin, but the media too.

Do you understand at all?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Gringa, what was his issue with Michael J. Fox?

Rush Limbaugh who is a celebrity himself and constantly uses his platform to carry on about the issues he believes are important actually had the audacity to slam Michael J. Fox and his Parkinson's Disease by saying that Michael didn't take his medication and exaggerated his symptoms to get pity or something for himself. It was a sickening display. Michael took his horrible attacks with grace and answered Limbaugh's accusations when Katie Couric asked him how he felt about the attacks. The person who made this video feels the same way I do about Rush so you'll have to excuse the comebacks referring to Limbaugh's drug problem but it will show Rush's ignorant display and Michael's intelligent response.

And regarding his love for the military. It's fair to say that Mr. Limbaugh never served a day in the military and got out of military service for a pilonidal cyst. I have one as well and know they are quite painful but are easily repaired. I had mine removed ten years ago and haven't had a problem with it since. It's an inherited malformation of the pores of my upper buttcrack. I know TMI. LOL! It was a very LAME reason to get out of service especially for someone who claims to love war and military action so much but wouldn't serve himself. He is the definition of a chickenhawk. He got a deferment from service for being in college in the beginning but he soon dropped out of college (lasted less than a year). After that he went for the boil on his behind reason. A military doctor never confirmed this ailment and saying it was inoperable is BS. Then a few years later he started saying it was "an old football knee injury" but of course, there is no record of that either. Rolling Eyes What's funny is that many soldiers suffer from pilonidal cysts in the field because one cause is from being in a sitting position with lots of sweat in your buttcrack which causes inflammation of the pores above your crack. It's even been referred to as jeep riders disease because so many people during ww2 had it. Rush's was probably from just being overweight, sitting on his behind and not cleaning himself well enough but of course, that's my theory. Razz Anyway, while he goes on with his pro-war, bring them on attitude...I wouldn't call that pro-soldier behavior not to mention that if soldiers don't agree with the wars or disagrees with him about anything he calls them names including phony. We are talking about highly decorated soldiers who have given life and limb so his butt can sit in his chair and make fun of people on his microphone. It is my opinion (and I come from a family who have served in every branch of military in every war in the name of this country) and MANY others including many military families who think this man is the slime of the earth and a coward.
Here is a link regarding his chickenhawk behavior during Viet Nam.

Rush's lame excuse.....

Here he is showing his so called love for our decorated soldiers...Anyone who doesn't agree with Rush he thinks is phony, liberal or stupid. He even refuses to believe that this caller is a republican simply because he doesn't agree with Rush that we should be in Iraq for all eternity. Excuse my language but Rush Limbaugh is a total douchebag. He calls people like Hackett, Cleland, Murtha, Kerry horrible names and they have all served our country and served to protect him and our right to dissent. Isn't that easy for him to say from his easy chair and multi-million dollar mansion that the ditto heads have bought for him. He makes me puke . If anyone is phony, it is Rush Limbaugh himself and if the republicans are smart they will distance themselves from him (which many are, who aren't afraid of him). He's a blowhard loudmouth comedian that has nothing better to do than polarize this country even more than it already is. What a way to make a dollar. Patriot my Who Me? .

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:33 pm

Rush is also disabled.. No one minds calling him out... Fox has a terrible disease but he was using his disability for gain and Rush called him on it... I noticed the video of Fox playing golf a couple of days after he filmed the commercial was not included.. There is always two sides to a story.. And, as he is over 90% of the time, Rush was correct...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Rush is also disabled.. No one minds calling him out... Fox has a terrible disease but he was using his disability for gain and Rush called him on it... I noticed the video of Fox playing golf a couple of days after he filmed the commercial was not included.. There is always two sides to a story.. And, as he is over 90% of the time, Rush was correct...

There's no need for me to even respond to that. You think that he deserved the attack, that says it all. And Rush is "disabled" now? Do tell.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Rush is deaf and has been for some years.. He "hears" now with the aid of special implants that took several painful surgeries and long recoveries.. There is a lot about Rush that people who only listen to snippets of his show don't realize.. He gives more to charity than BHO, Biden, Pelosi, Reid, etc. combined.. And yes, Fox needed to be called out because he wasn't telling the facts.. Rush has never used his disability for sympathy or gain..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:38 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Rush is deaf and has been for some years.. He "hears" now with the aid of special implants that took several painful surgeries and long recoveries.. There is a lot about Rush that people who only listen to snippets of his show don't realize.. He gives more to charity than BHO, Biden, Pelosi, Reid, etc. combined.. And yes, Fox needed to be called out because he wasn't telling the facts.. Rush has never used his disability for sympathy or gain..

No, he just used his butt boil to get out of serving our country. Do you have any links to all of these people he donates to? I'd really like to see them and what they represent. To say he donates more than all of those people combined is rather bold of you and I want to see some proof. And Michael J. Fox wasn't trying to get pity from anyone. He is trying to raise awareness of a horrible disease that I watched my great grandmother suffer with and eventual killed her. Her tremors made his look like nothing. Saying he was looking for pity is ridiculous and sad. I guess Christopher Reeves was trying to get pity too? ugh.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Does their disabilities give them the right to mislead or flat out lie?? And again according to your sources, over 24 million men took LEGAL deferments..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Still waiting for all that proof about how charitable he is.
Rolling Eyes Ba-bye
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:41 pm

This is no surprise, Conservatives give more to charity than Liberals do, or Republicans give more than Democrats do. Been that way for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090220223946AAZ2hAo

Unless I am missing something, this is someone's personal response to the question and they list no information sources to back themselves up.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

Unless I am missing something, this is someone's personal response to the question and they list no information sources to back themselves up.
Plenty of other sources.. But the best choice for the true facts would be Rush's web site.. It's fact checked daily by the left... Here's another. http://www.pgdc.com/pgdc/article/2007/11/rush-limbaugh-and-sen-reid-duke-it-out-charity
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I bet the best place you can find this information is on Rush's website. Razz I'm going to dig this one up for sure. And make sure he gives more than all of the people that were listed before as that certain person claimed. We shall see. Saying that Rush gives more than Pelosi, Obama, etc.. all combined. Umm ok.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Rush has also donated millions to the study of leukemia and lymphoma.. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_042007/content/01125106.guest.html
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

Plenty of other sources.. But the best choice for the true facts would be Rush's web site.. It's fact checked daily by the left... Here's another. http://www.pgdc.com/pgdc/article/2007/11/rush-limbaugh-and-sen-reid-duke-it-out-charity

I don't believe that Rush's site would be the best for a non-partial source of information. Maybe it's just me.

The second link you give (www.pgdc.com) gives ONE example of Rush's giving. It does not compare him with anyone else.

You may be right. However, your links don't prove it.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I don't believe that Rush's site would be the best for a non-partial source of information. Maybe it's just me.

The second link you give (www.pgdc.com) gives ONE example of Rush's giving. It does not compare him with anyone else.

Not to mention that Rush's contracts are worth over a half a billion dollars (not including his website and merchandise). He should be able to give a ton, he makes more money than the president! Razz He lives in a huge estate in Palm Springs with five mansions on it, the largest about 24 thousand square feet complete with a huge oil painting of himself above the front entrance staircase. It's also worth noting that some of the charities that he supports he serves as a board member or director and we all know how much of a cut charities take before they make it to the person for "administrative expenses". So, lots of times he's paying charity to himself. For instance, he auctioned off the letter 41 democratic senators signed over his "phony soldiers" remark towards Iraq war veterans who were now against the war. It brought over two million dollars on ebay of which Limbaugh said he would match. It ended up going to Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation Inc. of which Mr. Limbaugh is the director. Any cause that helps children of dead soldiers/police officers is good but it's easy to see that this action was a publicity stunt that he thought would make him look very generous, when in fact he is lining his own pockets. When you have as much money as Limbaugh you can afford to play such expensive head games. And to think that he goes around boasting about how much money he has given to charity when it clearly states in the Bible that such behavior is a sin and won't add a star to your crown when you get to heaven. I'm glad Rush gives to charities but he can certainly afford to via his audience. A couple of million dollars is chump change to that guy.
PS I never saw any proof that he pays more in charity than all of those people combined. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm? Scratch Head

PS I think it's funny how Rush blabbers on about celebrities and elitist and how awful they are for using their fame to push their causes, when he is a celebrity and an elitist himself. He came from money. He's a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:17 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

My links prove that Rush gives millions.. The charitable donations given by the people I mentioned is public record.. Look it up and do the math... the numbers are pale in comparison..
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:42 am

gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

Not to mention that Rush's contracts are worth over a half a billion dollars (not including his website and merchandise). He should be able to give a ton, he makes more money than the president! Razz He lives in a huge estate in Palm Springs with five mansions on it, the largest about 24 thousand square feet complete with a huge oil painting of himself above the front entrance staircase. It's also worth noting that some of the charities that he supports he serves as a board member or director and we all know how much of a cut charities take before they make it to the person for "administrative expenses". So, lots of times he's paying charity to himself. For instance, he auctioned off the letter 41 democratic senators signed over his "phony soldiers" remark towards Iraq war veterans who were now against the war. It brought over two million dollars on ebay of which Limbaugh said he would match. It ended up going to Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation Inc. of which Mr. Limbaugh is the director. Any cause that helps children of dead soldiers/police officers is good but it's easy to see that this action was a publicity stunt that he thought would make him look very generous, when in fact he is lining his own pockets. When you have as much money as Limbaugh you can afford to play such expensive head games. And to think that he goes around boasting about how much money he has given to charity when it clearly states in the Bible that such behavior is a sin and won't add a star to your crown when you get to heaven. I'm glad Rush gives to charities but he can certainly afford to via his audience. A couple of million dollars is chump change to that guy.
PS I never saw any proof that he pays more in charity than all of those people combined. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm? Scratch Head

PS I think it's funny how Rush blabbers on about celebrities and elitist and how awful they are for using their fame to push their causes, when he is a celebrity and an elitist himself. He came from money. He's a hypocrite.
Links??? The author doesn't even know where Rush lives and the rest of the story has quite a liberal spin and is merely opinion.. But it does prove that Rush gives millions.... thumb
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 am

Still waiting for that proof I asked for... YAWN..... Razz I'm certainly not doing your homework for you. I won't believe it until I see it from a valid source.. Sorry! People demand the links and proof from me. So let's see it.
And somebody needs to get on the horn and tell Dick Cheney to inform Rush that 9-11 wasn't connected to Saddam Hussein. He's been telling all his followers otherwise for quite some time and needs to be corrected. rofl Dittoheads. Gotta love um. tinfoil Flag

And in response to this quote
Quote :
The author doesn't even know where Rush lives

Quote :
Like probably many of you, we were absolutely entranced by the description of Rush Limbaugh's home in the New York Times this past weekend. It reminded us of this great book we have called Dictator Style, which showcases the flamboyant interior-decorating styles of some of the world's biggest despots. Limbaugh is, it seems, a member of the Saddam Hussein school of interior design. Like Saddam, he likes things opulent and luxurious— crystal chandeliers, lush carpets—and favors an oversized heirloom look— the chandelier in the dining room is a replica one from the Plaza, his library is "a scaled-down version of the library at the Biltmore Estate"—it's like Old Money Disneyland-style. Also like Saddam, Limbaugh likes to gild the lily:

The gleaming cherry-wood floors are dotted with hand-woven oriental carpets….Cherubs dance on the ceiling, leatherbound collections line the bookshelves and the wood-paneled walls were once “an acre of mahogany"... His staff lights fragrant candles throughout the house to greet his arrival from work each day.

Like many others whose fervent hate of and disregard for others is matched by a deep and true love for themselves, Limbaugh also keeps "a life-size oil portrait of El Rushbo, as he often calls himself" in a prominent position on his main staircase.

Limbaugh's scarily swank digs reminded us of a few other giant places occupied by giant personalities that we've recently come to know, and, in some cases, to love. After the jump, check out our mini-gallery of Egomaniacal Estates!

Link to NY Magazine

Has he moved since last year or has he just added to this place because this article is from last summer.

Another link

Below is a link about his drug charges in Palm Springs where he lives unless he sold his palace in the past year.

Another link

Another link with photos

Wikianswers- where does Rush live?

No, he's not an elitists. laugh until I cry laugh until I cry Who Me?

Here's a pic of the common mans home. His guest houses are all mansions as well. And you are right, Rush doesn't live there all the time. His cat resides there which his servants care for while papa is away in NYC with the rest of the elitists.

Razz Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin Rushsh11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin   Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Republican election judge from Clay Co. Kentucky bought votes with Oxycontin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next