The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei Empty
PostSubject: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system being put down....   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:32 pm

These guys are nuts .. The Canadian system is broke along with those in France, England, and other countries with social health care... What good is a system that the country can't sustain??? Did you hear the last statement about leadership??? Obama is not leading.. He's letting congress decide so he won't have to take the blame.. He can't even give straight answers about the bill....
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
These guys are nuts .. The Canadian system is broke along with those in France, England, and other countries with social health care... What good is a system that the country can't sustain??? Did you hear the last statement about leadership??? Obama is not leading.. He's letting congress decide so he won't have to take the blame.. He can't even give straight answers about the bill....
thumb thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:09 pm

I guess it depends on which Canadians you ask.

Quote :
"We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize," Doing said in an interview with The Canadian Press.

"(Canadians) have to understand that the system that we have right now - if it keeps on going without change - is not sustainable," said Doig.
"They have to look at the evidence that's being presented and will be presented at (the meeting) and realize what Canada's doctors are trying to tell you, that you can get better care than what you're getting and we all have to participate in the discussion around how do we do that and of course how do we pay for it."

Link
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:12 am

To say that all of these systems are broke and failing is simply not true. Get to know some "real" people from these countries and I think you'll find that it is hogwash. No system is perfect and many of them are still working out the kinks but the large majority of their citizens agree that their systems are good and they receive great care. Instead of shooting down everything and fearing the unknown, try to be brave for our country and for those uninsured people who need help. Reform has to happen or we will all suffer the consequences. You love your current health plan? Enjoy it while you can because if change doesn't happen none of us will be able to afford it in a few years and many who were so against it now, will be crying the blues while they file bankruptcy. I'm sure that if this bill had been introduced by the republicans by McCain if he had one, republicans would be shouting it's praises at these town hall meetings. I don't care what anyone says. It's all about your party and I find it very sad. They call it Obamacare. It's not Obamacare at all. It has nothing to do with him. It's about all of us. The people who can't afford health care even though they work like dogs for low pay, it's for the people like me who have pre-existing conditions who can't get health insurance through private insurance, it's for those who have been diagnosed with horrible diseases and have been kicked off their insurance by insurance "death panels", etc. Those of you who think that the republicans could come up with a better plan are fooling yourself. We have to make changes, start the program and like everyone else in the world, work out the kinks as it goes along. Sitting back and doing nothing is going to do exactly jack. Republicans talk big game about how they want to reform healthcare but I have yet to see one plan that they are actually willing to put into action that will solve the problem that is literally bringing this country to it's knees. Republicans sure do a lot of talking but I sure don't see any action except to disagree on everything that is brought to them by the democrats. Doesn't matter if the dems say the sky is blue, they are going to argue and it's achieving NOTHING.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:04 am

Did you read the article?? And the several I posted?? The head of the health care system in Canada said they were almost broke and patient care is suffering... It's not a myth or a lie ..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Did you read the article?? And the several I posted?? The head of the health care system in Canada said they were almost broke and patient care is suffering... It's not a myth or a lie ..

So the 86% of the people in Canada who love their system and think they have great care are just all a bunch of liars?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Gringa, I'm not saying it's a bad system... I'm sure they like their system.. But it along with different systems around the world are bankrupting their countries...Nothing wrong with free health care but it's not sustainable......
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:32 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Gringa, I'm not saying it's a bad system... I'm sure they like their system.. But it along with different systems around the world are bankrupting their countries...Nothing wrong with free health care but it's not sustainable......

So far there are many countries with insurance for all and they are far from bankrupt. You make it sounds like every country that does this goes bankrupt. That simply isn't true. If we are "the greatest country in the world" maybe we should show the others how to do it the right way or are we just a bunch of idiots that can't even compete against other countries? I'd like to think the US is better than most.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:14 am

Which countries are NOT struggling to finance their health care???? Name me a few of the "many".....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:55 am

Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Taiwan, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Argentina, India, Israel, Denmark, Italy, Sweden, etc... I could go on and on..... I suppose we aren't smart enough to come up with a system that is better than these countries?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:22 am

Switzerland, Japan,Italy and Sweden are all in financial trouble with their health care systems... Haven't checked on the others yet.... Any links that show the countries you mentioned are not struggling???
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Switzerland, Japan,Italy and Sweden are all in financial trouble with their health care systems... Haven't checked on the others yet.... Any links that show the countries you mentioned are not struggling???

Did I miss links that supported that those countries were struggling?

What about Spain?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

What about Spain?

Spain is another great example! And wanna hear something that many will find crazy? Many American retirees are moving to Mexico to get better/cheaper care. Yep. It's true.

Link

Just like a friend of mine who is a professor of International Relations said...
Quote :
anyone who's never left the United States is forbidden from saying that America is the greatest country in the world in my class.

Article about Spanish Health-Care

Look at how well the Netherlands health-care system is working out. It's amazing! Surely we can do better than them, right?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Your friend the professor is a big part of whats wrong with our country... Your link to "better " care in Mexico is an advertisement. Laughing Gringa, do you really believe that health care in Mexico is superior to the U.S.??? Spain's system is average at best and people who can afford it still choose private plans...
While Spain's healthcare system is recognized as one of the best public health programs in the world, it also has its flaws. Most people in Spain who can afford to purchase private healthcare choose this option.

The preference for paid, private healthcare is not caused by a lack in quality of the public system but mainly due to the long waiting periods patients are often faced with. Private healthcare companies can offer quick attention, while the waiting time at public facilities can often be one of weeks or months (excluding emergency care, which is immediate.
And remember we are talking about public systems not over all health care..
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:47 pm

quote="Annie Oakley"]

Yes, you did...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Your friend the professor is a big part of whats wrong with our country... Your link to "better " care in Mexico is an advertisement. Laughing Gringa, do you really believe that health care in Mexico is superior to the U.S.??? Spain's system is average at best and people who can afford it still choose private plans...
While Spain's healthcare system is recognized as one of the best public health programs in the world, it also has its flaws. Most people in Spain who can afford to purchase private healthcare choose this option.

The preference for paid, private healthcare is not caused by a lack in quality of the public system but mainly due to the long waiting periods patients are often faced with. Private healthcare companies can offer quick attention, while the waiting time at public facilities can often be one of weeks or months (excluding emergency care, which is immediate.
And remember we are talking about public systems not over all health care..

Where is all the info that all of these countries are failing? And sorry if my link wasn't good enough for you about people moving to Mexico. I read an article about it when it was on the main page for yahoo news earlier today. If you researched it, you would have found the same thing...

Americans retiring to Mexico for health care

And what is wrong with what that professor said? If people have never visited other countries, how do they know and feel they can pass judgement when they've never even experienced it? I see nothing wrong with what the prof. said. It makes total sense. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 pm

So, you DO think health care in Mexico is better??.... There are several links in the other Canadian health care thread...
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/index.html?siteSect=105&sid=4059652

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6293

It says right there that their care is envied by the world. So, they have a few bumps in the road. Doesn't mean it's not working and can't keep on providing great service. And as far as the Cato Institute. Rupert Murdoch, the owner of the Fox News Network, is on the board of directors. They want to abolish the welfare system and social security, do away with government, etc.. owned by a billionaire who owns the largest oil company in the world. Of course they are going to dislike the idea of health care reform. They might have to sell some of their mega-mansions.
Rolling Eyes

Do you have anything on all those countries that says it's a totally bad idea and the people don't like their health care?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:22 am

Nothing wrong with government health care for those who want it... Just don't take away the peoples option who don't want ObamaCare.... In most of the other countries with their glorious health care systems people are still allowed the option to purchase private insurance because of the long waits and sub-par care... Spain's is supposed to be "world class", but all who can afford it choose private.. Ever wonder why????
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Nothing wrong with government health care for those who want it... Just don't take away the peoples option who don't want ObamaCare.... In most of the other countries with their glorious health care systems people are still allowed the option to purchase private insurance because of the long waits and sub-par care... Spain's is supposed to be "world class", but all who can afford it choose private.. Ever wonder why????

Why do you think that Obama is fighting so hard for the American people to have the public option? So we will have a choice Lucas. We are not going to be forced to take "Obamacare" and it's silly to call it that. This isn't about Obama, this is about every American who can't have insurance because of pre-existing conditions or simply can't afford it. It should be called "TheAmericanUninsuredCare". Everything just has to be about Obama when it comes to certain people. Did you watch the town hall meeting where the woman was booed in the wheelchair when she said how much her prescription drugs costs? What about the woman that Michael Steele put down for saying her mother died of cancer because she couldn't afford chemotherapy? I guess he forgot that we are his bosses and he should be listening to us, not the other way around. And just so you know, I went to a town hall meeting in Louisville. My daughter and I made it onto the Courier Journal website. The supporters outnumbered the non-supporters 5-1. The non-supporters behind me actually called my daughter and I "plants" and said I was abusing my child. I guess teaching my child to care about others is abuse now. You ought ot have seen them and heard the things they said about people walking by. The most paranoid, crazy people I've ever seen. Thank God they were in the minority. This isn't about Obama...this is about the American people who deserve healthcare. When certain republicans decide to see the big picture and quit making this into a republican vs. democrat thing, maybe our country can move forward. And I would lay a million dollars down (if I had it) that if this had of been proposed by McCain if he won, you would see republicans hailing it's praises from the rooftops. This isn't a football game, this is about people right to life. Republicans care so much about the rights about unborn children but so many couldn't give a crap if you die after you leave the womb. It's craziness.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:28 am

Good post, gringa. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei   What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Canadians are saying about their health-care system bei
Page 1 of 1