The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The faces of health care reform...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

The faces of health care reform... Empty
PostSubject: The faces of health care reform...   The faces of health care reform... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The faces of health care reform...   The faces of health care reform... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Why do all these people think that ObamaCare is not going to cost them anything??? You still have to PAY for it... Just like your rent or house payment or auto payment... If your employer doesn't pay for it you will have to...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The faces of health care reform...   The faces of health care reform... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Why do all these people think that ObamaCare is not going to cost them anything??? You still have to PAY for it... Just like your rent or house payment or auto payment... If your employer doesn't pay for it you will have to...

Where did you get the idea that they think they aren't going to be paying for anything? The majority of them want access to health care because the majority of them can't get health insurance because of pre-existing conditions. If my husband lost his job, I would have to go back to work (disability be damned) and I would lose my disability and medicare. There isn't an insurance company in this country that would carry me because of pre-existing conditions (believe me, I know this for a fact). These people simply want access to health insurance and not pay an arm and a leg for it. Personally I think that all Americans should have the same health insurance that people in Congress have. I don't see any of them turning it down so it must be great coverage. They are supposed to be working for us, not the other way around. And this insurance option that is being proposed has a sliding scale for how much it costs so it will be affordable to everyone. And when I hear these people hollering about socialized medicine, I just laugh. What they don't realize is that they are already paying for the uninsured medical bills through the most inefficient socialized medicine in the world. They are paying for everyone who has filed bankruptcy because of medical bills which is more than 60% of the cause of bankruptcy. We're all paying for it one way or another, so why not make it more efficient, more cost effective and offer people preventive care, etc? At least our money would be going towards a program that is going to save lives instead of paying for peoples financial meltdowns.

Here is the breakdown for the cost of this plan for people...

Quote :
Rates are set based on income as it relates to the poverty level. From the bill itself (HR 3200) :
income levels as a percentage of poverty:

* 133% through 150% pay 1.5% - 3% of income
* 150% through 200% pay 3% - 5% of income
* 200% through 250% pay 5% - 7% of income
* 250% through 300% pay 7% - 9% of income
* 300% through 350% pay 9% - 10% of income
* 350% through 400% pay 10% -11% of income

This is cheaper than what most people pay who have insurance through their employers. It is WAY cheaper than COBRA or private insurance companies and will give people with pre-existing problems the chance to avoid bankruptcy.

Link 1

Link 2
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The faces of health care reform...   The faces of health care reform... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 pm

Never said we didn't need health care reform... We need reform the country can afford... According to some, the French have the best health care in the world but it's bankrupting their country...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The faces of health care reform...   The faces of health care reform... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The faces of health care reform...
Page 1 of 1