The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’ Empty
PostSubject: Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’   Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’ I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Quote :
Earlier this year, RNC chair Michael Steele dismissed Rush Limbaugh as an “entertainer” whose “thing” is “incendiary” and “ugly.” Steele later apologized to Limbaugh after enormous conservative backlash. (But soon after, Steele said the dust-up with Limbaugh was part of his grand strategy).

Last week, local Missouri conservative radio host Vincent Jericho asked Steele about the confrontation with Limbaugh. “Did you get sucked into that?” Jericho asked. “Absolutely,” Steele replied. “In my job as national chairman, I’m trying to heal the party, not create divisions.” Yet later in the interview, Steele appeared to create more divisions within GOP. Steele told Jericho he agreed “1,000%” with his assertion that House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) and other Republican congressional leaders are “an abosolute freakin’ joke“:

VINCENT JERICHO: For god’s sake’s the Republican Party is supposed to stand for something why don’t they stand up and lead? Because some of the leadership, with Boehner and some of these other guys, they’re a joke. You can’t say anything. But they’re an absolute freaking joke.

STEELE: I’m with you. I’m 1,000% with you. I agree with you. I absolutely agree with you.

To see full article and recording of the conversation click here
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’   Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’ I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:11 pm

If you're implying you agree with Steele & Jericho that the current republican party is a joke...As bad as I hate to say it, I agree. Although I would not go as far to say they are an "absolute freaking joke", there are a few bright spots out there. HR 3400, a republican designed health reform bill is worth taking a look at.

The biggest problem I have with the current GOP is that they are not standing up and getting in Pelosi & Obama's face enough. If they had as much energy as their base right now I'd be happier with them. Right now though...JOKE.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’   Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’ I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Oh, I thought you left Skinny. Razz Scratch Head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’   Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steele Agrees That Boehner And GOP Leadership Are ‘An Absolute Freakin’ Joke’
Page 1 of 1