The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus

Go down 
+3
Lucas McCain
Roy Rogers
Judge Roy Bean
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus Empty
PostSubject: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Strong words.

Quote :
Vice President Joe Biden is invading House Minority Leader John Boehner’s back yard tomorrow to tout the success of the stimulus package, but Boehner is redoubling his attacks, accusing the vice president of lying about the economy.

“I found it ... interesting over the last couple of days to hear Vice President Biden and the president mention the fact that they didn’t realize how difficult an economic circumstance we were in,” Boehner said. “Now this is the greatest fabrication I have seen since I’ve been in Congress.”

“I’ve sat in meetings in the White House with the vice president and the president. There’s not one person that sat in those rooms that didn’t understand how serious our economic crisis was,” Boehner said.

Boehner also took a shot at the idea of a second stimulus – something Biden said he was open to last week.

“All of this talk of a second stimulus bill, I think, is an admission on the part of the administration that their stimulus plan is not working,” Boehner said.

Read more:
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:36 pm

We can't keep just printing money that we can't back up. China's going to want their money. We either have to pay up or go to war. I prefer the former, so any talk of a new stimulus plan scares me.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Close to 48 cents of every dollar Obama prints is owed to China..
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:43 am

Imagine that, Boehner attacking the administration. No biased politics there. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:36 am

So.....the first stmulus package is proving that it has/is not working and we want to offer up another one Scratch Head ? Seems perfectly sensible to me Rolling Eyes , goes right along with this administration.......spend,spend,spend with no results or ways to pay for it.

I don't think that Joe Biden knows he is a vice president. One can easily tell whenh Biden has no idea what he is talking about.....his lips will move Grin .
Biden has to quit talking to all of those voices in his head. Then again, maybe they are the only ones listening to him Shhh Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:45 am

Certainly, time must be given for the first stimulus package to go in effect. The various building projects can't be given money one day and work start the next. Obviously, if you were handed $250,000 to build a new home today, you wouldn't be "nailing boards together" tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:41 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Certainly, time must be given for the first stimulus package to go in effect. The various building projects can't be given money one day and work start the next. Obviously, if you were handed $250,000 to build a new home today, you wouldn't be "nailing boards together" tomorrow.

Not with any contractor I've ever seen. You are lucky to get them to show up in six months... Razz Once again people are acting like Veruca Salt... I want this country fixed and I want it NOW. Bush was allowed years upon years to go whatever he was doing but Obama is expected to turn it all around in six months. I guess he's not the "messiah" that the right kept warning us about. Laughing I agree time and patience are required in this situation. The right are going to keep on with this "failure" talk to make people who don't get it uncomfortable so they can get their vote. That's the only reason. What's their plan to fix it all? I haven't heard one.
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
By the same token, I'm not going to hand the contractor another $250,000 when I've not seen anything but the foundation poured.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:19 am

Roy Rogers wrote:
By the same token, I'm not going to hand the contractor another $250,000 when I've not seen anything but the foundation poured.
thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:35 am

Roy Rogers wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

I'm with you there. I'm not pro-2nd stimulus at the moment.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Roy Rogers wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

I'm with you there. I'm not pro-2nd stimulus at the moment.

Aren't we already on a 2nd stimulus? Bush passed the first one and Obama the second. I'm not pro-third stimulus. I'd like to see what the first two do. I don't think we'll really know for a couple of years or more. I'm hopeful that it will help. I know four people who have suddenly got job offers this past two weeks who had been unemployed since last summer. And the job offers were GOOD ones. I'm praying things are turning around. I'm holding on to hope.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 pm

You are correct. It would be a third stimulus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus   John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Boehner: Joe Biden's lying about stimulus
Page 1 of 1