The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Jokes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
avatar

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!
Posts : 572
Age : 56
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Jokes   Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 am

Add any political jokes here.
Back to top Go down
http://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
avatar

Posts : 873
Age : 60
Join date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:31 pm

A woman in a hot-air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

"She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be an Obama Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going.. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
avatar

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!
Posts : 572
Age : 56
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:09 am

^ Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Doc Holiday
Administrator
avatar

Location : Fort Thomas, KY
Posts : 242
Age : 53
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: No Joke: Obama Didn't Invent "Cash for Clunkers"--Clinton Invented It.   Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:06 pm

[This isn't a joke, but I assumed it would be so shocking and wildly controversial that it should go somewhere other than the Politics Forum, just to be fair to the other topics in there.]

President Obama's new "Cash for Clunkers" program has been wildly popular--so popular it ran out of money in just a few days. But it would be unfair and incorrect to say that he came up with the idea for this innovative program. A review of historical evidence makes it clear that the idea was not only thought up by his Democratic predecessor, Bill Clinton, but that Clinton actually tested the program for a short time himself.

Bill Clinton's concept of the program was very similar to Obama's; however, it did not involve the automobile industry. The Clinton version of "cash for clunkers" began under the name, "Bimbos for Battle-axes." In this program, any man could, showing just cause, turn in his old, used up battle-ax of a wife for a newer, high performance, low-mileage, low IQ, low self-esteem bimbo.

President Clinton, concerned for how the program might affect the economy, the nation's social fabric, and the beltway bar scene, chose to test its efficacy himself. He was willing to make any sacrifice necessary--time, money, energy, a box of Gurkha HMRs--to make sure this was right for America. He handpicked staff and filled every position.

Sadly, the Clinton version of this innovative trade-in program never made it out of the back rooms of the Oval Office. His aides believed in him, and went to great lengths to save it. They urged the president to present his oral arguments to Congress. In the end, the concept never got off its knees, shriveled up and died. The fatal flaw came in the dilemma of what to do with all of the retired battle-axes. Crushing them was deemed a constitutional problem. Sending them overseas was considered, but vetoed due to cost and fear of French retaliation. There was even some thought of pairing them with lonely old men in nursing homes; however, this was quickly rebuked by lobbyists for the AARP.

So Barack Obama can take all the credit for his Cash for Clunkers program if he likes, but he has Bill Clinton's innovation and keen sense for stimulus to thank for bridging the gap to the 21st century.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
avatar

Location : Firmly planted in reality
Posts : 1139
Age : 44
Join date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Late Night Dick Cheney Jokes

"In competing speeches today, President Obama said the U.S. went off course with practices like waterboarding. Cheney retaliated by saying he doesn't regret any of the decisions he made, and if he had to do it all over again, he would order President Bush to do exactly the same thing. And then he ate a baby." --Jimmy Kimmel


"President Barack Obama has also signed an executive order officially banning torture in the United States. There goes Dick Cheney's retirement, huh? What is he supposed to do now?" --Jay Leno

"Hey, did you see this in the paper? In an interview with the Washington Times, Vice President Dick Cheney said he is not a big fan of rap music. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I was stunned by that. Actually, I'm surprised. I mean, look at the guy. He gets driven around in a limo, surrounded by bodyguards, shot a guy in the face -- he is a rap star." --Jay Leno

"This week, Dick Cheney was interviewed by ABC News, and he said that he will miss being vice president. Then he said, 'And I'll really miss being president.' That was the best part." --Conan O'Brien

"Dick Cheney gave Joe Biden tour of the vice president's living quarters. Yeah, afterwards, Biden said he loves the house, but he'll probably turn the dungeon back into a rec room." --Conan O'Brien

"Of course, the most controversial thing Sarah Palin said last night was she felt the vice president should have more power. More power? Dick Cheney is shooting people in the face and doesn't even get arrested. You cannot get any more powerful than that." --Jay Leno

"John McCain does not want Dick Cheney to attend the Republican Convention, because he says he's too unpopular. Yeah, and when asked to comment, Cheney said, 'I hope the senator reconsiders.' Then he turned into a bat and flew away." --Conan O'Brien
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
avatar

Posts : 873
Age : 60
Join date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:33 pm

A Driver is stuck in a traffic jam going into downtown Chicago .
Nothing Is Moving north or south. Suddenly a man knocks on his window.

The driver rolls down his window and asks, 'What happened, what's the
hold Up?'

'Terrorists have kidnapped Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton,Oprah Winfrey,
Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Rosie O'Donnell, Jesse Jackson and Al
Sharpton. They are asking for a $10 Million ransom. Otherwise, they
are going to douse them with gasoline and set them on fire. We are
going from car to car, taking up a collection.'

The driver asks, 'On average, how much is everyone giving?'

'About a gallon.'
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
avatar

Location : Firmly planted in reality
Posts : 1139
Age : 44
Join date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
A Driver is stuck in a traffic jam going into downtown Chicago .
Nothing Is Moving north or south. Suddenly a man knocks on his window.

The driver rolls down his window and asks, 'What happened, what's the
hold Up?'

'Terrorists have kidnapped Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton,Oprah Winfrey,
Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Rosie O'Donnell, Jesse Jackson and Al
Sharpton. They are asking for a $10 Million ransom. Otherwise, they
are going to douse them with gasoline and set them on fire. We are
going from car to car, taking up a collection.'

The driver asks, 'On average, how much is everyone giving?'

'About a gallon.'

That was far from funny. It was actually pretty sickening. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
avatar

Location : Mong like candy
Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:52 am

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
A Driver is stuck in a traffic jam going into downtown Chicago .
Nothing Is Moving north or south. Suddenly a man knocks on his window.

The driver rolls down his window and asks, 'What happened, what's the
hold Up?'

'Terrorists have kidnapped Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton,Oprah Winfrey,
Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Rosie O'Donnell, Jesse Jackson and Al
Sharpton. They are asking for a $10 Million ransom. Otherwise, they
are going to douse them with gasoline and set them on fire. We are
going from car to car, taking up a collection.'

The driver asks, 'On average, how much is everyone giving?'

'About a gallon.'

That was far from funny. It was actually pretty sickening. Evil or Very Mad
I got a chuckle out of it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
avatar

Location : Fort Thomas, KY
Posts : 242
Age : 53
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:34 am

gringaloca wrote:

That was far from funny. It was actually pretty sickening. Evil or Very Mad
Wow! I didn't want to believe it was true, but I guess it is. Crying or Very sad The liberals only want to laugh at their own biting jokes. So much for the right-wingers being the myopic ones. no no
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Moderator
avatar

Location : Bedford, KY
Posts : 654
Age : 44
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

That was far from funny. It was actually pretty sickening. Evil or Very Mad
Wow! I didn't want to believe it was true, but I guess it is. Crying or Very sad The liberals only want to laugh at their own biting jokes. So much for the right-wingers being the myopic ones. no no

I'm going to have to agree with gringaloca here, Doc. Jokes that would talk about ANYONE being doused with gasoline and set on fire are not funny to me and make me a little ill. For example, I doubt anyone would mistake me for a Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney fan, but I would be just as troubled if the joke had been about them.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
avatar

Location : Fort Thomas, KY
Posts : 242
Age : 53
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with gringaloca here, Doc. Jokes that would talk about ANYONE being doused with gasoline and set on fire are not funny to me and make me a little ill.

gringaloca wrote:
Cheney retaliated by saying he doesn't regret any of the decisions he made, and if he had to do it all over again, he would order President Bush to do exactly the same thing. And then he ate a baby.

Dick Cheney is shooting people in the face and doesn't even get arrested. You cannot get any more powerful than that.

He gets driven around in a limo, surrounded by bodyguards, shot a guy in the face -- he is a rap star.

Any questions? Who Me?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Moderator
avatar

Location : Bedford, KY
Posts : 654
Age : 44
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with gringaloca here, Doc. Jokes that would talk about ANYONE being doused with gasoline and set on fire are not funny to me and make me a little ill. For example, I doubt anyone would mistake me for a Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney fan, but I would be just as troubled if the joke had been about them.

gringaloca wrote:
Cheney retaliated by saying he doesn't regret any of the decisions he made, and if he had to do it all over again, he would order President Bush to do exactly the same thing. And then he ate a baby.

Dick Cheney is shooting people in the face and doesn't even get arrested. You cannot get any more powerful than that.

Any questions? Who Me?

I'm not sure I get what you are saying on the "any questions." People being burned alive bother me. Maybe it's a little too close to home as a young woman that I know was a victim in a drunk driving crash a few years ago in which she and her daughter were in a vehicle that exploded into flames. A bystander was able to pull the girl out of the car, but the mother burned to death. I'll have the daughter in my chemistry class this year. The drunk driver had been a student of mine, too.

I guess that I don't know anyone that has eaten a baby, so that doesn't stick out to me as anything other than an obvious joke.

What body part did Cheney shoot of the guy that was hunting with him?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
avatar

Location : Firmly planted in reality
Posts : 1139
Age : 44
Join date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

That was far from funny. It was actually pretty sickening. Evil or Very Mad
Wow! I didn't want to believe it was true, but I guess it is. Crying or Very sad The liberals only want to laugh at their own biting jokes. So much for the right-wingers being the myopic ones. no no

I love "biting" humor as much as the next guy but I see nothing funny about burning people alive especially with all the death threats against our President. It will be even worse if something does happen to one of these people at the hands of some nutcase. This just isn't the right climate to be making those kinds of comments. As far as Cheney shooting someone in the face. Well, he did and nobody died. As far as eating babies...unless you believe that Dick Cheney really dines on babies I don't see what the big deal is. The threat to our President is very real and insinuating that people were lining up to burn these people alive when there are people getting killed for their political views is not humorous because it's something that is actually possible. Not funny. puke
Back to top Go down
Big Jake
Homesteader
Homesteader
avatar

Location : Life is hard. It's harder if you vote for people who raise taxes.
Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Jokes   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:21 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
Doc Holiday wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with gringaloca here, Doc. Jokes that would talk about ANYONE being doused with gasoline and set on fire are not funny to me and make me a little ill. For example, I doubt anyone would mistake me for a Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney fan, but I would be just as troubled if the joke had been about them.

gringaloca wrote:
Cheney retaliated by saying he doesn't regret any of the decisions he made, and if he had to do it all over again, he would order President Bush to do exactly the same thing. And then he ate a baby.

Dick Cheney is shooting people in the face and doesn't even get arrested. You cannot get any more powerful than that.

Any questions? Who Me?

I'm not sure I get what you are saying on the "any questions." People being burned alive bother me. Maybe it's a little too close to home as a young woman that I know was a victim in a drunk driving crash a few years ago in which she and her daughter were in a vehicle that exploded into flames. A bystander was able to pull the girl out of the car, but the mother burned to death. I'll have the daughter in my chemistry class this year. The drunk driver had been a student of mine, too.

I guess that I don't know anyone that has eaten a baby, so that doesn't stick out to me as anything other than an obvious joke.

What body part did Cheney shoot of the guy that was hunting with him?
I'm trying to navigate the "Annie Oakley" value system. Let's see if I have this right:
Jokes about burning people = Bad
Jokes about eating babies or shooting people = Good

Got it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jokes   

Back to top Go down
 
Jokes
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Posh and Becks Joke Tops Edinburgh Poll
» Tell your funniest jokes here
» I will not type any more jokes of the fourth kind.
» Benoni jokes...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Political Humor-
Jump to: