The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama Declares Victory! (De Ja Vu Anyone?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

Obama Declares Victory!  (De Ja Vu Anyone?) Empty
PostSubject: Obama Declares Victory! (De Ja Vu Anyone?)   Obama Declares Victory!  (De Ja Vu Anyone?) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:48 pm

President Obama held a news confrence today in which he declared that the recession was ending and prosperity was on the way. He took full credit, citing his various programs and policies. He also said that he had managed to keep his campaign promises to cut taxes at the same time.

Now, does this remind anyone of a certain other pre-mature event--one in which the Dems and left-wingers squeezed for all the political capital it was worth--held on a certain aircraft carrier? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Obama Declares Victory! (De Ja Vu Anyone?)   Obama Declares Victory!  (De Ja Vu Anyone?) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
President Obama held a news confrence today in which he declared that the recession was ending and prosperity was on the way. He took full credit, citing his various programs and policies. He also said that he had managed to keep his campaign promises to cut taxes at the same time.

Now, does this remind anyone of a certain other pre-mature event--one in which the Dems and left-wingers squeezed for all the political capital it was worth--held on a certain aircraft carrier? Rolling Eyes

Well, it sort of reminds me more of reading in history that Herbert Hoover went on the radio announcing that the depression was over only for it to continue beyond his defeat by Roosevelt.

On the hole, I would have to think we have probably seen the worst. Traditional the stock market looks toward the future and reacts accordingly. So based upon the market recovering to some degree over the past several months, I hope that means a recovering is coming soon, like possibly early in 2010.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama Declares Victory! (De Ja Vu Anyone?)   Obama Declares Victory!  (De Ja Vu Anyone?) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:

Do you have the link to the news conference? I didn't get to see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Declares Victory! (De Ja Vu Anyone?)   Obama Declares Victory!  (De Ja Vu Anyone?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama Declares Victory! (De Ja Vu Anyone?)
Page 1 of 1