The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Domestic Terrorist says that clinic closing is a victory....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Domestic Terrorist says that clinic closing is a victory.... Empty
PostSubject: Domestic Terrorist says that clinic closing is a victory....   Domestic Terrorist says that clinic closing is a victory.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:23 pm

“This idiot did more to damage the pro-life movement than you can imagine,” Troy Newman, the president of Operation Rescue, told the paper.

The Times article continued,

Scott P. Roeder, a Kansas City man charged with murder in Dr. Tiller’s death, was not a member of Operation Rescue or a contributor to it, Mr. Newman said. But the authorities found a slip of paper with the organization’s name in Mr. Roeder’s car when he was arrested, as well as the name of one of its leaders and her telephone number. He had also met Mr. Newman at least once.

“I have been racking my brain to see if there was something I could have done,” Mr. Newman said of Mr. Roeder.

Dr. Tiller’s clinic was the one — the big one — Mr. Newman had always hoped to close. Still, he said, if it closed now it would be no victory for Operation Rescue.

“Good God, do not close this abortion clinic for this reason,” he said. “Every kook in the world will get some notion.”

Update: Tiller’s accused killer calls clinic closure a ‘victory’

The pro-life activist who murdered Dr. Tiller told CNN on Tuesday that the impending closure of Tiller’s clinic is “a victory for all the unborn children.”

“At the time Roeder was interviewed Tuesday, Rowlands had not received word of the permanent closure. But Roeder asked if Tiller’s clinic was currently operating, and told it was not, said, ‘Good,’” the network reported.

“He said the closure would mean ‘no more slicing and dicing of the unborn child in the mother’s womb and no more needles of poison into the baby’s heart to stop the heart from beating, and no more partial-birth abortions.’”

Link to article

Somebody needs to tell this nutjob that partial birth abortion is illegal and banned. And since he says that he is just a small part of a large group of terrorists planning on killing more people, why aren't we waterboarding him for more information? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

Domestic Terrorist says that clinic closing is a victory.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domestic Terrorist says that clinic closing is a victory....   Domestic Terrorist says that clinic closing is a victory.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 am

gringaloca wrote:
Somebody needs to tell this nutjob that partial birth abortion is illegal and banned.

Unfortunately it is on its way back with FOCA.

gringaloca wrote:
And since he says that he is just a small part of a large group of terrorists planning on killing more people, why aren't we waterboarding him for more information? Rolling Eyes

My guess is the authorities feel pretty convinced that was just a threat he shot off hoping to scare other abortionists. Should information come out to prove otherwise (which I doubt will), I have no problem waterboarding him to find his cohorts.
Back to top Go down

Domestic Terrorist says that clinic closing is a victory....
Page 1 of 1