The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"It will break him."

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

"It will break him." Empty
PostSubject: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Quote :
Last week, Republican Senator Jim DeMint made it pretty clear why the opponents of health care reform are fighting so hard. As he told a special interest attack group, "If we're able to stop Obama on this, it will be his Waterloo. It will break him."

Here's how the President responded:
Think about that. This isn't about me. This isn't about politics. This is about a health care system that is breaking America's families, breaking America's businesses and breaking America's economy. And we can't afford the politics of delay and defeat when it comes to health care. Not this time, not now. There are too many lives and livelihoods at stake.

I agree with the president's sentiment on this. However, I am strongly reminded of his "I win" comment a few months ago (though I can't for the life of me remember what it was in regards to). Mr. President, you can't call him out for playing your game.

Ok...who did I shock? affraid

Grin
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 pm

I don't agree with either one of them... We do have serious health care issues that need to be addressed... But Obama's plan as it stands now will further damage the country.. Both sides need to give and take and work together to hammer out a better plan without rushing into a bad decision.. They need to take their time and work across the aisle instead of the us versus them game...
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:59 pm

It's not about breaking him. It's about stopping bad legislation. By making that statement, DeMint shows that he is an ass. So is any Republican fighting this bill just to break the President. Mad
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Roy Rogers wrote:
It's not about breaking him. It's about stopping bad legislation. By making that statement, DeMint shows that he is an ass. So is any Republican fighting this bill just to break the President. Mad

They are the party of no. They will disagree with anything he says or does simply out of spite at this point. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad legislation. They just want to behave like asses and they are doing a good job at it.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 am

^ Plenty of democrat congressmen and senators have told Obama no on his reckless legislation... What about them????? Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
^ Plenty of democrat congressmen and senators have told Obama no on his reckless legislation... What about them????? Razz Razz

The difference between the democrats and the republicans disagreeing on this is that the democrats who disagree are from very conservative areas in swing states whom are actually concerned about the wording of the legislation vs. republicans who are just going to disagree to disagree. With the majority of republicans, it would make no difference if Ronald Reagan's ghost came to them one night and told them it was the right thing to do...they are not going to vote for anything Obama wants. Period. The party of no. They are quite useless as this point though (being that they are totally outnumbered) so all they have time to do is sit around and act like sour pusses and spew out constant negativity. If they've got the answers to this problem, instead of attacking the President every other minute, why don't they go to him and brain storm. The door has been opened to them, unlike the previous President, so why not work something out together in a bi-partisan way. That's because they know nothing of compromise. It's their way or the highway.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090727/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul

They are quite useless as this point though (being that they are totally outnumbered) so all they have time to do is sit around and act like sour pusses and spew out constant negativity.

Hardly... no no
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090727/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul

They are quite useless as this point though (being that they are totally outnumbered) so all they have time to do is sit around and act like sour pusses and spew out constant negativity.

Hardly... no no

When you have republican leaders on TV every chance they get saying that they won't do this and they won't do that and that Obama's health plan can't happen, etc... they are hardly being bi-partisan. I really don't see what this article has to do with anything. Obama has been looking for the republicans to compromise the whole time. They probably see that it's going to happen whether they like it or not, so some of them are warming to the idea. Again, big whoop. Yeah, John Boehner really wants to work with Obama on anything. Give me a break. They are too busy wanting him to fall flat on his face (along with the rest of the country). It's time to work together for a solution instead of praying for Obama to fail (which he isn't). Checked the numbers lately? Things are looking up Lucas.... What will you guys do if Obama's policies actual end up working? Put another Republican in the white house to mess it all up just because you care about party more than this country?
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:00 pm

gringaloca wrote:
The difference between the democrats and the republicans disagreeing on this is that the democrats who disagree are from very conservative areas in swing states whom are actually concerned about the wording of the legislation vs. republicans who are just going to disagree to disagree. With the majority of republicans, it would make no difference if Ronald Reagan's ghost came to them one night and told them it was the right thing to do...they are not going to vote for anything Obama wants. Period.

Painting with an extremely broad brush now don't you think?

gringaloca wrote:
The party of no. They are quite useless as this point though (being that they are totally outnumbered) so all they have time to do is sit around and act like sour pusses and spew out constant negativity. If they've got the answers to this problem, instead of attacking the President every other minute, why don't they go to him and brain storm. The door has been opened to them, unlike the previous President, so why not work something out together in a bi-partisan way. That's because they know nothing of compromise. It's their way or the highway.

This sounds unbelievably similar to how the dems were described several years ago when the
GOP controlled the White House and Congress.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Wyatt Earp wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
The difference between the democrats and the republicans disagreeing on this is that the democrats who disagree are from very conservative areas in swing states whom are actually concerned about the wording of the legislation vs. republicans who are just going to disagree to disagree. With the majority of republicans, it would make no difference if Ronald Reagan's ghost came to them one night and told them it was the right thing to do...they are not going to vote for anything Obama wants. Period.

Painting with an extremely broad brush now don't you think?

gringaloca wrote:
The party of no. They are quite useless as this point though (being that they are totally outnumbered) so all they have time to do is sit around and act like sour pusses and spew out constant negativity. If they've got the answers to this problem, instead of attacking the President every other minute, why don't they go to him and brain storm. The door has been opened to them, unlike the previous President, so why not work something out together in a bi-partisan way. That's because they know nothing of compromise. It's their way or the highway.

This sounds unbelievably similar to how the dems were described several years ago when the
GOP controlled the White House and Congress.

Actually, I really don't see the dems as the party of no back in those days. I see them as the party of nothing. I'm not too crazy about the democratic party. I think the majority of them lack backbones. It's one of the main reasons I don't consider myself a true democrat. As yep, I'm painting with a pretty broad brush because the average republican politician are pretty similar.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm

gringaloca wrote:
As yep, I'm painting with a pretty broad brush because the average republican politician are pretty similar.

If you want to believe that.

Ultimately, the health bill is a simply pretty crappy bill from my reading of it. The fact that numerous dems who want universal healthcare are holding their nose around shows that Obama screwed himself trying to pull this garbage past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "It will break him."   "It will break him." I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"It will break him."
Page 1 of 1