The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.

Go down 
+6
Judge Roy Bean
Kgirl
SKINNYPIG
Annie Oakley
gringaloca
The Drifter
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:55 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
So...help me out here. If Rush says he is serious, we're to know he is joking, but if David Letterman (a comedian, for heaven's sake) makes a joke, we are to demand an apology because he is serious?

Wait....is black really white? Day really night? Poor really rich?

I NEVER listen to Rush...but I'd sure like to understand this.

VERY GOOD POINTS THERE ANNIE! Did you ever hit that one on the head. Can't deny your logic....

thumb thumb dude
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Now Gov. Sanford is saying he "crossed the line" with more than just one woman. I wonder how long this has been going on? I wonder if he was messing around when he was judging Bill Clinton's affair? Probably. He needs to do what he said Clinton should have done and step down as governor.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:26 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Now Gov. Sanford is saying he "crossed the line" with more than just one woman. I wonder how long this has been going on? I wonder if he was messing around when he was judging Bill Clinton's affair? Probably. He needs to do what he said Clinton should have done and step down as governor.
Just curious, did you feel that way about Clinton? If not, why would you feel that way for Sanford? I feel that under the circumstances, Sanford should step down.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:37 pm

I also think Sanford should step down just as Clinton should have... Funny how the left defends Clinton and attacks others for their like digressions..
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:46 pm

gringaloca wrote:
True because even politicians are human. I know, hard to believe.

Hold on, you're giving politicians way too much credit.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Kgirl wrote:
I didn't give a hoot in hang if Clinton had an affair or not. I don't give a hoot in hang is the Kennedy brothers were both "seeing" Marilyn Monroe. I don't give a hoot in hang if Newt was having an affair with one of his staff. I don't care if this man was going overseas to spend time with his "little honey". What they do in their "spare time" isn't my business. My business is how well they handle the job that the people voted for them to do. It is not my business what they do once they shut the door on their days work. What they do after their work day is over is the business of their spouses and I don't think should play out for us.

I do not agree with a married person having an affair and if my husband did I would be classified as a "widow". But if he did have an affair...it's our business and not yours!!!!!

My problem with Clinton's affair (if memory serves correct) was that he lied under oath about it - also known as perjury. He also urged Lewinsky to lie about it under oath - obstruction of justice. So there is where my problem with Clinton lies. Again I think I have my facts straight, but his cigar days were a while ago.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Wyatt Earp wrote:
Kgirl wrote:
I didn't give a hoot in hang if Clinton had an affair or not. I don't give a hoot in hang is the Kennedy brothers were both "seeing" Marilyn Monroe. I don't give a hoot in hang if Newt was having an affair with one of his staff. I don't care if this man was going overseas to spend time with his "little honey". What they do in their "spare time" isn't my business. My business is how well they handle the job that the people voted for them to do. It is not my business what they do once they shut the door on their days work. What they do after their work day is over is the business of their spouses and I don't think should play out for us.

I do not agree with a married person having an affair and if my husband did I would be classified as a "widow". But if he did have an affair...it's our business and not yours!!!!!

My problem with Clinton's affair (if memory serves correct) was that he lied under oath about it - also known as perjury. He also urged Lewinsky to lie about it under oath - obstruction of justice. So there is where my problem with Clinton lies. Again I think I have my facts straight, but his cigar days were a while ago.

Remind me of WHY it became an issue that warranted being asked about under oath?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:01 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
I also think Sanford should step down just as Clinton should have... Funny how the left defends Clinton and attacks others for their like digressions..

Since I'm "the left" I'll bite. I didn't care about Clinton having an affair as long as he was doing his job. I feel that what goes on behind closed doors is none of our business. The reason I am calling out Mr. Sanford is because he was a hypocrite about it. He dogged Clinton for what he did but now look at him. I don't care if Sanford wants to have an affair with a different woman from every country in south america but I do care that he thought that Bill Clinton was so awful that he should step down for it because he could no longer be trusted but for some reason thinks it's ok for himself to remain in office. HYPOCRITE. mischief

Last edited by gringaloca on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Just curious, did you feel that way about Clinton? If not, why would you feel that way for Sanford? I feel that under the circumstances, Sanford should step down.

See my response to Lucas.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:03 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Wyatt Earp wrote:
Kgirl wrote:

Remind me of WHY it became an issue that warranted being asked about under oath?

GOOD QUESTION ANNIE!

thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Question: For those who think Clinton should not have been impeached, does that make it OK for him to lie under oath??
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:14 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

Question: For those who think Clinton should not have been impeached, does that make it OK for him to lie under oath??

Is this an answer to my question?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:18 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

Since I'm "the left" I'll bite. I didn't care about Clinton having an affair as long as he was doing his job. I feel that what goes on behind closed doors is none of our business. The reason I am calling out Mr. Sanford is because he was a hypocrite about it. He dogged Clinton for what he did but now look at him. I don't care if Sanford wants to have an affair with a different woman from every country in south america but I do care that he thought that Bill Clinton was so awful that he should step down for it because he could no longer be trusted but for some reason thinks it's ok for himself to remain in office. HYPOCRITE. mischief

I understand your disdain at him for his hypocrisy. However, it's not illegal to be one and doesn't mean you can't do your job. For that, I'd be more concerned about his MIA status as a governor and whether or not he did use funds improperly for his trips.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Not exactly.. The reasons he was impeached I thought was common knowledge..
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Not exactly.. The reasons he was impeached I thought was common knowledge..

Humor me?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Must I do all the work... It won't change the fact he WAS impeached and he DID lie under oath..
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:24 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Must I do all the work... It won't change the fact he WAS impeached and he DID lie under oath..

Yes...you must do all the work. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:42 pm

I do indeed know the fundamentals. However...what a colossel waste of time and money, impeaching him over a lie.

You're right, Lucas. He shouldn't have lied. However, IMO, the issue was between him and his wife, not between him and the american people.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:47 pm

It wasn't just the lies, but the numerous law suits against him, and his questionable legal defense fund, and the time out of office to be in court, etc..
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 pm

You're right, Lucas. He shouldn't have lied. However, IMO, the issue was between him and his wife, not between him and the american people.

So you don't think Sanford should step down??
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

So you don't think Sanford should step down??

Here is my first post on this topic, 3rd on in this thread.

Annie Oakley wrote:
While it disappoints me that a husband would cheat on is wife, I don't think that it has much to do with his ability to govern his state. What does concern me in that regards is his MIA status for the last several days. His staff thought that he was "somewhere" on the Appalachian trail, while in reality he was in Argentina. THAT blunder makes me question his judgement on leading his state.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
It wasn't just the lies, but the numerous law suits against him, and his questionable legal defense fund, and the time out of office to be in court, etc..

If so, this was quite a reach. Time out of office to be in court? Really?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:10 pm

Not more than a reach as Sanford being MIA as you stated.. He didn't just disappear, he just lied about his whereabouts..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I understand your disdain at him for his hypocrisy. However, it's not illegal to be one and doesn't mean you can't do your job. For that, I'd be more concerned about his MIA status as a governor and whether or not he did use funds improperly for his trips.

You are correct. When a person holds an office with that much responsibility and just takes off at the tax payers expense to meet his mistress and doesn't even tell his staff...well, he's obviously got some issues that have made him too unstable to be governor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next