The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.

Go down 
+6
Judge Roy Bean
Kgirl
SKINNYPIG
Annie Oakley
gringaloca
The Drifter
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. Empty
PostSubject: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:39 pm

South Carolina Govenor Mark Sanford admits to an affair and as recent as the recent trip to Argentina. Sanford has resigned as president of the Republic Govenor asociation. Sandford said his wife has known about it for some time and they were trying to work through it. Fox News is reporting on this right now. I personally am dissapointed in this news and cannot see how he can gain/regain the respect needed to govern effectively. I know if I was n the SC adminstration I wud have hard time in supporting him now after what appears to be years of lies as well as this recent trip. JMO

I hope that Sanford can work things out wth his family, that imo is what is most important.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/24/report-south-carolina-governor-traveled-argentina-appalachian-trail/
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:10 pm

The Drifter wrote:
South Carolina Govenor Mark Sanford admits to an affair and as recent as the recent trip to Argentina. Sanford has resigned as president of the Republic Govenor asociation. Sandford said his wife has known about it for some time and they were trying to work through it. Fox News is reporting on this right now. I personally am dissapointed in this news and cannot see how he can gain/regain the respect needed to govern effectively. I know if I was n the SC adminstration I wud have hard time in supporting him now after what appears to be years of lies as well as this recent trip. JMO

I hope that Sanford can work things out wth his family, that imo is what is most important.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/24/report-south-carolina-governor-traveled-argentina-appalachian-trail/

Another one bites the dust. And what I find interesting is that Fixed News has once again listed one of their fallen as a democrat. They said it was a mistake but when it's happened several times before.... Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. Sanfor10
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:18 pm

While it disappoints me that a husband would cheat on is wife, I don't think that it has much to do with his ability to govern his state. What does concern me in that regards is his MIA status for the last several days. His staff thought that he was "somewhere" on the Appalachian trail, while in reality he was in Argentina. THAT blunder makes me question his judgement on leading his state.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:32 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
While it disappoints me that a husband would cheat on is wife, I don't think that it has much to do with his ability to govern his state. What does concern me in that regards is his MIA status for the last several days. His staff thought that he was "somewhere" on the Appalachian trail, while in reality he was in Argentina. THAT blunder makes me question his judgement on leading his state.

Blunder I reckon! I really liked his style, up till now. CRAZY. Scratch Head
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:

I know. It's pretty bizarre to go AWOL when you have that much responsibility. Doesn't say much for his leadership skills. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:34 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
Mine as well, I was speaking of the trust issue with his administrators and cabinet now. I admired the guy up untill this. There imo is no excuse for it. I call out and jump on the hypocrite Dems like Clinton and Edwards on it so I will call out a Republican on it as well.

This kind of thing knows no boundaries as to party affillation, both Republicans and Democrats have been guilty of it and the sad thing is that there will be more of the same from both. No doubt in my mind.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:19 pm

The Drifter wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Mine as well, I was speaking of the trust issue with his administrators and cabinet now. I admired the guy up untill this. There imo is no excuse for it. I call out and jump on the hypocrite Dems like Clinton and Edwards on it so I will call out a Republican on it as well.

This kind of thing knows no boundaries as to party affillation, both Republicans and Democrats have been guilty of it and the sad thing is that there will be more of the same from both. No doubt in my mind.

True because even politicians are human. I know, hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:35 pm

I didn't give a hoot in hang if Clinton had an affair or not. I don't give a hoot in hang is the Kennedy brothers were both "seeing" Marilyn Monroe. I don't give a hoot in hang if Newt was having an affair with one of his staff. I don't care if this man was going overseas to spend time with his "little honey". What they do in their "spare time" isn't my business. My business is how well they handle the job that the people voted for them to do. It is not my business what they do once they shut the door on their days work. What they do after their work day is over is the business of their spouses and I don't think should play out for us.

I do not agree with a married person having an affair and if my husband did I would be classified as a "widow". But if he did have an affair...it's our business and not yours!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:43 pm

Kgirl wrote:
I didn't give a hoot in hang if Clinton had an affair or not. I don't give a hoot in hang is the Kennedy brothers were both "seeing" Marilyn Monroe. I don't give a hoot in hang if Newt was having an affair with one of his staff. I don't care if this man was going overseas to spend time with his "little honey". What they do in their "spare time" isn't my business. My business is how well they handle the job that the people voted for them to do. It is not my business what they do once they shut the door on their days work. What they do after their work day is over is the business of their spouses and I don't think should play out for us.

I do not agree with a married person having an affair and if my husband did I would be classified as a "widow". But if he did have an affair...it's our business and not yours!!!!!

I totally agree and one of the big problems with a lot of these people getting caught with their pants down is they were leading the charge against Clinton. Not only are they bad husbands, they are big hypocrites. I agree with you. I don't care what they do in their spare time. I just care what kind of job they do. I think people would be surprised to know how many of these holier than thou types mess around on their spouses. One thing is for sure, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Hypocrites. Gotta love em. No
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:22 am

The problem with Clinton is his well known fun time with Monica was in the Oval Office. That's NOT where the president retires after his days work is done, it's WHERE the days work is done. I think that's why so many had a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:18 am

True, Judge, but at least he was never MIA from his job.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:31 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Agreed. I just wouldn't have cared if Clinton didn't do it in the Oval Office, I think many feel the same. Then again, many will attack Clinton or fill in the blank simply for party affiliation.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Agreed. I just wouldn't have cared if Clinton didn't do it in the Oval Office, I think many feel the same. Then again, many will attack Clinton or fill in the blank simply for party affiliation.

I guess it doesn't matter to me if it was in the oval office or in a motel room some place. Now in a church, that woulda been bad but I really don't see the white house as anything except a house. Nothing holy about it. Razz Men have affairs with their secretaries in their "office" all the time. Nothing new there. And I agree with Annie. At least he didn't disappear and not tell anyone where he was going for a week. And now he is comparing himself to King David. Give me a break. The creep voted to impeach Clinton for his affair with Monica and now look at him. Evil or Very Mad

Quote :

“I think it would be much better for the country and for him personally (to resign). I come from the business side. If you had a chairman or president in the business world facing these allegations, he’d be gone.” [Sanford on Clinton, The Post and Courier, 9/12/98]

“The issue of lying is probably the biggest harm, if you will, to the system of Democratic government, representatives government, because it undermines trust. And if you undermine trust in our system, you undermine everything.” [Sanford on Clinton, CNN, 2/16/99]

Also, here's a question--if South Carolina received almost $8 billion from the federal stimulus package, which Sanford initially refused to accept but only did so after first the legislature and then the South Carolina Supreme Court forced him to apply, and used at least part of it to pay off the state's budget deficit from which the Governor's salary is paid...does that mean that at least a little bit of stimulus money went to fund his little jaunt to Argentina?

Seems he used that money that he so badly claimed he didn't want to stimulate something but it wasn't the economy. He used it to head to Argentina to meet up with his mistress. puke

Quote :
Two, mutual feelings .... You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light - but hey, that would be going into sexual details ...

puke puke puke rofl

Here's an interesting video of Mr. Sanford being a hypocrite.

Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:36 pm

True again, Judge. Clinton should have taken his infidelity elsewhere. Still, the impeachment charges against him were ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Big Jake
Homesteader
Homesteader
Big Jake

Location : Life is hard. It's harder if you vote for people who raise taxes.

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Sanford should just switch his party affiliation to Democrat. Then this affair would simply be seen as a "resume' enhancement" (a la Clinton, Kennedy (take your pick), etc.), and NOT a disqualifier....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:24 pm

Big Jake wrote:
Sanford should just switch his party affiliation to Democrat. Then this affair would simply be seen as a "resume' enhancement" (a la Clinton, Kennedy (take your pick), etc.), and NOT a disqualifier....

So democrats don't value their marriages? That was rather rude. Republicans are the ones going on and on about how they want to "save marriage". Just because liberals don't go around screaming they are the champions of marriage doesn't mean they aren't capable of having a monogamous relationship. That's just silly. spank
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Now Rush Limbaugh is blaming President Obama for Sanford having an affair. Razz Razz I guess that makes sense to him. How many wives has Rush had anyway? I guess he must have been in a bad mood from something a democrat did when he cheated? Good Lord. I guess it makes no difference to Rush that the affair began before Obama even took office. CUCKOOOO!

rofl razz2

So all you ditto heads.... You heard it, Rush said it's ok for you to have an affair if things aren't going your way. Grin In his words "Screw it".
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:54 am

laugh until I cry Left wingers kill me. They have no idea how to understand Rush.

I don't find it odd that those on the left take ANYTHING Rush says literally and give Biden, Obama or any other leftist a pass on ANYTHING they say.

Rush's sarcastic remarks accomplished everything he wanted them to. The left wing fish took it hook, line and sinker. laugh until I cry

Rush can dial any kind of reaction he wants from the left. WOW!
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:03 pm

^ Never ceases to amaze me why the left is so interested in Rush...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:58 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
laugh until I cry Left wingers kill me. They have no idea how to understand Rush.

I don't find it odd that those on the left take ANYTHING Rush says literally and give Biden, Obama or any other leftist a pass on ANYTHING they say.

Rush's sarcastic remarks accomplished everything he wanted them to. The left wing fish took it hook, line and sinker. laugh until I cry

Well, as long as he keeps saying totally ridiculous and stupid things, people will comment. He said he meant it and wasn't kidding. He's a total flipping nut. Let's blame Obama for everything why don't we Rush? I have to go fold clothes now. I'm sure it's Obama's fault somehow. You can blow off the stuff all you want, he's still blaming democrats for everything wrong with the entire world and it's just plain crazy. razz2 razz2 Party Weird/Odd tinfoil tinfoil
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:20 pm

gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

Well, as long as he keeps saying totally ridiculous and stupid things, people will comment. He said he meant it and wasn't kidding. He's a total flipping nut. Let's blame Obama for everything why don't we Rush? I have to go fold clothes now. I'm sure it's Obama's fault somehow. You can blow off the stuff all you want, he's still blaming democrats for everything wrong with the entire world and it's just plain crazy. razz2 razz2 Party Weird/Odd tinfoil tinfoil

And I would like to add to my previous post....First off, Rush said he was being serious and that he wasn't joking. The man is a kook and lots of republicans will agree with me on that even though they remain silent on this board for some reason. I guess that the ditto heads must have got a super-duper encryption ring when they signed up with Rush that can tell them when he's being serious and when he's just being a horses arse but when he says himself that he is being serious...he is. Either that or he is a bigger liar than he already is.
Now please tell me about the "free pass" that all of these other people get you mentioned. What have they said and how were they given a free pass? Did they say they were kidding? Or were they serious?
And regarding your theory of "left wingers" taking the bait... What exactly would his point had been? I'm sorry but what you said doesn't make much sense and seems to be a knee jerk reaction on your part. It seems that whenever Rush says something totally insane his ditto heads come a runnin' to defend him anyway they can. The fact is he blamed Obama and democrats for making republicans "lose their spirit" and go out and cheat on their wives. He said he wasn't kidding. I'm getting rather bored with his followers defending him even when he's obviously saying something that is completely ignorant. No I suppose you all thought it was just great when he blamed people who exercise for the rising cost of health care. Rolling Eyes And even if you a smart enough to realize what he said is just plain stupid, there are plenty of ditto heads out there that take every word he says like it's the gospel from Jesus himself. Everybody talks about people treating Obama like he is Christ but look at how ditto heads treat Rush. They worship him and it's frightening. tinfoil tinfoil tinfoil rofl rofl razz2
And of course democrats are going to respond to what he said... He is the new leader of the republican party afterall. That's what Dick Cheney said anyway. Razz laugh until I cry laugh until I cry Ride
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:04 pm

So...help me out here. If Rush says he is serious, we're to know he is joking, but if David Letterman (a comedian, for heaven's sake) makes a joke, we are to demand an apology because he is serious?

Wait....is black really white? Day really night? Poor really rich?

I NEVER listen to Rush...but I'd sure like to understand this.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:54 pm

News Flash! Rush is not a politician for heaven's sake. Rush, like Letterman, is an entertainer/comedian. Black is black...Day is day...Poor is poor. They are the same for crying out loud. That's why the left don't get it. They think Rush is some kind of political leader or something.

Rush uses sarcasm to get knee jerk reactions from the left and it works every time. As an entertainer, UNDERSTAND?? laugh until I cry
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:57 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
News Flash! Rush is not a politician for heaven's sake. Rush, like Letterman, is an entertainer/comedian. Black is black...Day is day...Poor is poor. They are the same for crying out loud. That's why the left don't get it. They think Rush is some kind of political leader or something.

Rush uses sarcasm to get knee jerk reactions from the left and it works every time. As an entertainer, UNDERSTAND?? laugh until I cry

Then why is he being called the leader of the republican party by so many? Last time I checked people weren't running to Letterman to ask his advice on politics nor was he the main speaker at major political events.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:28 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:

I can personally do without the rude sarcasm. I simply asked a question as to why the two separate responses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.   SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SC Govenor admits to affair.......Argentina trip.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next