The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Look Out, It's On It's Way!

Go down 
+6
SKINNYPIG
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
Wyatt Earp
Annie Oakley
Mongo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/01/cnn-poll-americans-worry-obama-heath-care-plan-will-increase-costs/

Quote :
The poll suggests that 55 percent think the U.S. health care system is in need of a great deal of reform, with four in ten saying only some reform is needed. Nearly half of those questioned have more trust in the President rather than Republicans in Congress to handle health care form, with 38 percent backing the congressional Republicans over Obama.

We all might be worried about it costing us some but most of us still want it. thumb
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Real reform does not automatically mean the National HMO that is being proposed. I want health car reformed too, but with market controls, tort reform, and better fraud prevention legislation. Not another inefficient bureaucracy that ends up hurting all and helping few.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Roy Rogers wrote:
Real reform does not automatically mean the National HMO that is being proposed. I want health car reformed too, but with market controls, tort reform, and better fraud prevention legislation. Not another inefficient bureaucracy that ends up hurting all and helping few.

Personally, I don't think tort reform is the way to go either.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Obama’s health care proposal is, in effect, the repeal of the Medicare program as we know it. The elderly will go from being the group with the most access to free medical care to the one with the least access. Indeed, the principal impact of the Obama health care program will be to reduce sharply the medical services the elderly can use. No longer will their every medical need be met, their every medication prescribed, their every need to improve their quality of life answered.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Who said this? What do you have to back it up?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:22 pm

What do you have to disprove it??
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
What do you have to disprove it??

I'm sorry. I thought that this was a discussion. If you only want to argue, I'll avoid replying.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:19 am

Quote :
[A] ban on the use of the two best chemotherapies are part of the reason why 42% of Canadians with colon cancer die while 31% of Americans, who have access to these two medications, survive the disease.

What does this prove?

Quote :
Overall, the death rate from cancer in Canada is 16% higher than in the United States and the heart disease mortality rate is 6% above ours’.

Without researching, I won't dispute this, but find it curious this is the only metric Morris uses. Stroke? Lung cancer? Both areas affecting the elderly, off the top of my head, where Canada outperforms the US. What is Morris' explanation for those numbers? Certainly not the single-payer system, I'm sure.

Quote :
Today, 800,000 doctors struggle to treat adequately the 250 million Americans who have insurance. Obama will add 50 million more to their caseload with no expansion in the number of doctors or nurses.

Of course, Morris fails to explain how these numbers are calculated. Then again, he also fails to inform the reader that those 50 million uninsured are most prone to crowd into emergency rooms, where their medical needs cannot be denied, and may explain in part his assessment that these "doctors" struggle to treat their current patients.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:33 am

^ So every one's fine with with the repeal of medicare and Canada has the best medical care for the elderly??????????? OK... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:33 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
^ So every one's fine with with the repeal of medicare and Canada has the best medical care for the elderly??????????? OK... Rolling Eyes

There wouldn't be so much of a repeal of Medicare as there would be an extension of Medicare. In fact, that's the premise of Morris' fairly weak argument: if more people have health insurance there won't be enough to go around for those who already have it (the elderly). I find that to be unsupported conjecture.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:49 pm

Ja'far wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

There wouldn't be so much of a repeal of Medicare as there would be an extension of Medicare. In fact, that's the premise of Morris' fairly weak argument: if more people have health insurance there won't be enough to go around for those who already have it (the elderly). I find that to be unsupported conjecture.

Exactly. It's basically going to be Medicare for all.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:04 pm

As it stands now, the bill before congress does not provide medical coverage for all... The bill as it stands now will cost a trillion and there will still be people without benefit. ( around 30 million people)... And Medicare as we have it now will be restructured immensely... Folks, this is a terrible bill and even some legislators on the left are starting to actually read it and disagree with Obama's plan..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
As it stands now, the bill before congress does not provide medical coverage for all... The bill as it stands now will cost a trillion and there will still be people without benefit. ( around 30 million people)... And Medicare as we have it now will be restructured immensely... Folks, this is a terrible bill and even some legislators on the left are starting to actually read it and disagree with Obama's plan..

I'm editing this post because I want to research numbers more regarding the uninsured. Please tell me where you are obtaining this information.. thanks
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm

The actual figure of uninsured people is a little over 50 million.. You can read the entire bill on the congressional web site...
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:29 pm

^ Never mind... Pelosi has a new bill that want be out till Tues..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
^ Never mind... Pelosi has a new bill that want be out till Tues..

Good, let's see what it says. In the meantime I'm going to try to read the other one. It's amazing that you've come to a conclusion so quickly. Isn't it over 850 pages long? Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:28 pm

Here is a link to a brief summary of the first draft....

Link
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

And it's also worth mentioning that the majority of the millions you say won't have "medicare for all" are people who want to personally opt out because they already have insurance they like. People who need insurance and can't get it because of pre-existing conditions or lack of ability to pay for it will receive insurance under this reform...
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Not exactly how I read it.. Why would you choose to pay for insurance when you could get it for "free"..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Not exactly how I read it.. Why would you choose to pay for insurance when you could get it for "free"..

Because some people are stubborn. I know LOTS of folks who fear change even if that means it will cost them money. I could even see republicans refusing it simply out of spite because it was something those darn liberals came up with. And another thing, not all insurance costs people. My husband receives full benefits through his employer which includes health/dental/vision etc. at no cost to him whatsoever. If someone liked that kind of coverage enough, why drop it? There are also the young who think they are made of steel and irresponsible with their health. They could very well not sign up for it simply out of ignorance. There are lots of different scenarios. This plan is being made primarily for people who are unable to obtain insurance because they are either too poor or because insurance agencies won't accept them because of pre-existing conditions, which is just plain evil. Insurance companies have been making money hand over fist for years. They could easily offer a low cost insurance plan to every person in this country but that would mean the CEO might have to give up his super yacht and Lord knows we can't have that!
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 am

And you think your husbands is free?? Somebody is paying for it.. People who can afford insurance are still going to have to pay for it under Obamas plan... A lot of folks are under the impression that every one will get "free" medical care under the plan.. Dead wrong...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look Out, It's On It's Way!   Look Out, It's On It's Way! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look Out, It's On It's Way!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: