The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?

Go down 
+4
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
Wyatt Earp
Mongo
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:43 am

I just thought Obama was supposed to be better than our past leader. If thats the way the left keeps score then Obama is already four times worse than Bush on the debt.. And already three times worse on taxation... That's whats laughable.. Grin Grin
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
I just thought Obama was supposed to be better than our past leader. If thats the way the left keeps score then Obama is already four times worse than Bush on the debt.. And already three times worse on taxation... That's whats laughable.. Grin Grin

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Back to the orginal topic, traditionally the most effective means of stimulating the economy which SHOULD stimulate job growth is the lowering of the Fed Funds Rate by the Federal Reserve. The problem now is the Fed Funds Rate is almost zero so there really is no more room to drop rates which makes jump starting this economy a little difficult.

My biggest concern is with deficit spending at record levels could we see inflation take off but the economy remain stagnant like in the late 70's and early 80's? Let's hope not, stagflation is one of the most difficult economic issues to correct.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Obama's spent 800 billion... Where's the jobs???
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:50 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Obama's spent 800 billion... Where's the jobs???

How much of that went to keeping the banking industry afloat? That amount probably won't create significant job growth, rather just to stop the bleeding so things didn't get even worse (scary thought).

Some of the 800B was used to keep GM and Chrysler afloat but they bankrupted anyways. Those billions just postponed the inevitable. Looking back, W and Obama giving money to the auto makers was not the smartest thing but I guess that is why hindsight is 20/20.

I think it will ultimately just take time for the rest of the stimulus package to take affect. I doubt any package will immediately show results in 90 or 120 days. I am trying to remember how long it took between FDR's Depression Era Public Works Projects and job growth, I don't recall. Granted the world and the economy has changed quite a bit since the 1930's but the depression spending does give us some history to look at to try to predict the future.
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:00 pm

It's only been going on seven months, Lucas. It took Bush eight years to do the damage, give Obama time to reverse it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:17 pm

How long is the left going to keep blaming their failures on Bush?? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
How long is the left going to keep blaming their failures on Bush?? Laughing Laughing
How is it the left's failures?
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 am

There is imo a very simple answer to the original question/thread title............Obama is not going save any jobs and will lose more than is saved if any does happen to be saved.
Obama is finding out now that the election is over and he needs to run the United States of America and not organize a community on Chicago's south side with Oprah's mopney, sit in Rev Wrights pews and have dinner with Bill Ayers. People are now actuallly going to question some things that he does ...........
Imagne that, "the One" Zen may not be perfect............. Shocked Who knew????. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:58 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
thumb thumb Laughing Laughing That is geting very old. I would actually sympathize with some of it if the Obama made debt had not grown to 4 times the already high national dept from the previous eight years......and that was done in just six months under Obama, the "we inherited" crys are no longer legit.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:05 am

The Drifter wrote:
There is imo a very simple answer to the original question/thread title............Obama is not going save any jobs and will lose more than is saved if any does happen to be saved.
Obama is finding out now that the election is over and he needs to run the United States of America and not organize a community on Chicago's south side with Oprah's mopney, sit in Rev Wrights pews and have dinner with Bill Ayers. People are now actuallly going to question some things that he does ...........
Imagne that, "the One" Zen may not be perfect............. Shocked Who knew????. Laughing

Obama is certainly nearing the end of the honeymoon phase of this term. His boyish charm and articulate speaking ability can only appease the public for so long, eventually people will want to see results. I will give to him though that any stimulus package, regardless to how good it is, will take time to unfold. Part of the idea of a stimulus package is that once the funds are distributed to the receipients, those receipients will spend it on wages, supplies, etc. and a ripple affect in the econony will be felt. This will take atleast six months I would guess.

As far as things to judge Obama by in the present will be how he gets his healthcare plan going. While the idea of the government having its hands deeply in healthcare is something I find worrisome, I do find it disturbing how many children in this country are uninsured. So I am curious to see how the plan works out. I will admit, I don't have much hopes for it though.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:12 am

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
How is it the left's failures?

Certain people want to pretend like Bush never happened. I predicted this would happen long before Obama was elected. I knew that it would some how be made into the lefts fault somehow. Bush drove this country into a ditch and now it's Obama's fault for trying to fix what he broke. As I have said many times before, if the republicans have some perfect, fail-safe plan, let's hear it. So far they haven't said anything except something like "elect us and everything will be better". I think not. No matter who is in office, it's going to take many years to pull us out of this slump. People who continue to ignore what originally got us in this mess are just keeping this heads in the sand because they can never admit they were wrong. How would have McCain/Palin fixed this mess? They would have passed another stimulus bill and as McCain said...we would be bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bombing Iran. Sarah even thought we were already at war in Iran. Rolling Eyes We are all doomed to repeat mistakes that have been made in the past if people continue to ignore our screw ups and refuse to learn anything from them.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Nobody in particular.. Just wondering where all the stimulus money for new jobs is going and how the left can blame it on Bush... 18 million for a web site.. You got to be kidding.. Even Bush didn't waste money like that... What a joke.. A lot of the first 800 billion can't be found.. Except for Obama's pet projects and personal agendas not much if any will make it into the hands of the people who need it the most...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Nobody in particular.. Just wondering where all the stimulus money for new jobs is going and how the left can blame it on Bush... 18 million for a web site.. You got to be kidding.. Even Bush didn't waste money like that... What a joke.. A lot of the first 800 billion can't be found.. Except for Obama's pet projects and personal agendas not much if any will make it into the hands of the people who need it the most...

Even Bush didn't waste money like that?? Are you serious? God I hope not. Where exactly did Bush's 350+ billion dollar stimulus go?? Can you account for it all? They can't. Did you know that George Bush's own people can't account for more than 25% of the money they sent to the military during his presidency. That amounts to about 2.3 TRILLION dollars (as of 2004, lol)... Donald Rumsfeld said it himself. That's 8 grand for every man woman and child in this country (and those numbers are from four years ago). And what about all those defense contract with Halliburton?? Come on now Lucas. There is trillions of dollars that simply disappeared into thin air during Bush/Cheney. If you are going to bash the way you believe Pres. Obama is raping us financially, you need to see the entire picture.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:12 pm

I bashed Bush for years on his spending... How does this make it OK for Obama to do it.. I thought he was about change.. Politics as usual.. Obama already has us in more debt than all the combined Presidents in U.S. history... But if Bush did it, Obama is doing it better..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
I bashed Bush for years on his spending... How does this make it OK for Obama to do it.. I thought he was about change.. Politics as usual.. Obama already has us in more debt than all the combined Presidents in U.S. history... But if Bush did it, Obama is doing it better..

In your previous post you said

Quote :
18 million for a web site.. You got to be kidding.. Even Bush didn't waste money like that...

You insinuated that Bush didn't blow money...which is incorrect which I showed examples of. He blew it big time. Not to mention that he engaged us in situations that not only cost us money then, it is still costing us today and will continue costing us until we are DEAD. Starting the Iraq war was the biggest screw up. Destroying a country and then going in and westernizing it with contractors who were all friends of Bush and were making an absolute killing off of it. Clinton left us with a surplus. Remember that? He brought us out of the holes that George Sr. and Reagan left us. It took some time but he did it. When he left office, that president that republicans just love to dog because he got a little on the side left us with a 236 + Billion dollar surplus. Don't forget that George Jr. (who is still a complete moron) took that money and blew it all in record breaking speed. By 2003 Georgie had driven us 400 billion dollars in the hole. Yes, I agree that it is very scary how much money is being spent currently but the fact remains that we are in uncharted waters. Our country was on it's way out with republicans in power, Bush crashed the economy and NOBODY knew what to do. The best economists came up with the stimulus idea because they felt that pouring large amounts of money back into the banks, etc. would kick start the economy. It looks horrible on paper but something huge had to be done to stop the tailspin we were in. Things weren't just going to magically repair itself and by pretending that Bush didn't happen isn't going to help anything either. President Obama wouldn't be in the position he is in right now if it wasn't for Bush. Plain and simple. Until certain people can let the fault lay at Bush's feet, nothing is going to change. Yes, Obama is spending an ungodly amount of money but do the republicans have a better idea? What would they have done? The same exact thing. Their first stimulus wasn't big enough. They would have asked for another one and instead of all the republicans screaming about it, they would be saying the same thing I am. What else is there that we can do?? Sit around and watch the country crumble? It may be our last chance at keeping our title as the worlds super power. Something had to be done about what was happening and the best economists in the world agreed this was about the only option. As sad as it is, a part of me wishes McCain had of won just so Bush's legacy would have fell totally on his shoulders. It probably would have ended up killing him and we'd now have Sarah Palin as president and we'd soon know what it's like to live in a third world country. We'd probably be driving to work on a dog sled if you were lucky enough to have a job period. When Bush was leaving office he totally threw his hands up. He was doing nothing. He basically did what Sarah did and left the ship sinking instead of staying with it and trying to help. The stock market was crashing. Going down hundreds of points a day, people were losing their jobs left and right, uncertainty about whether we were going to make it as a country was on everybody's mind. President Obama came along and was given the hardest job that anyone has ever been asked to do and he did it. Not many would considering how bleak our outlook was but he had hope. McCain offered no answers while he campaigned. At least Obama has some good ideas. Let's look at it this way. Everybody keeps complaining about the unemployment rate. Do you know the last time the unemployment rate was this high? Right around the time Reagan left office. Yes, another republican who left the country in a horrible mess. George Sr. came along and basically did nothing except start a war and drive us further into the ground but at least his war was warranted. History shows that when you put a republican in the white house the common people lose their jobs, pay higher taxes, the environment suffers, etc. Even though Bill Clinton did a naughty thing, he had this country going in the right direction financially. We were doing very well. Bush destroyed that like it or not. Now Obama is expected to be some amazing miracle worker and pull us out of the biggest slump we've ever been in within a matter of months. It's stupid to think that is possible and the GOP is just adding to the problem by being stubborn and refusing to open their minds to bigger/better ideas to make this country great again. If they want to make things better and know what to do to lead us out of this wilderness, why don't they speak up? Why don't they go to the president and make their ideas known? The reason is, they don't have the answers either. The big question is...What do you want President Obama to do? What does he need to do, in your opinion, to make this all better? What is your answer to this problem Lucas? There is no clear answer on how to fix eight years of the idiot Bush. President Obama isn't doing a good job with the deficit because no one can. He hasn't learned how to part the red sea, turn water into wine or walk on water yet either. Razz

quicksand dohSo, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 Hallib10
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:25 am

Something had to be done about what was happening and the best economists in the world agreed this was about the only option.

^ Any links to this quote? You are probably to young to remember the economy Reagan inherited from Carter... High unemployment, sky-rocketing interest rates, low numbers on Wall St. etc. Reagan saved the country without bail outs and wasted stimulus money.. He made government smaller and cut out wasteful liberal spending programs.. He cut capital gain taxes on small companies and people who produce jobs.. Big government and hand outs is NOT the answer to our problems as they steadily get worse with more federal involvement.. Clinton's surplus was a joke.. The surplus came from carving the worlds fourth largest fighting force out of our own military, NOT from any of his liberal policies... Which brings me back to the same question that no liberal can answer... Name me one liberal policy that has EVER been successful.. For every economist that agrees with Obama there is five who disagree.. Blaming Bush is not going to fix things... Also show me the unemployment rate when Reagan left office...
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:51 am

Also show me the unemployment rate when Reagan left office...

Never mind I found it... Reagan lowered unemployment from 10.4% to 5.3%.. You really need to be more factual in your rants..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Unemployment rates haven't been this high since Reagan was in office, do your homework Lucas. Unemployment and inflation was Reagan's biggest problems. If your theory that Reagan's numbers were caused by Carter, your earlier argument that we can't blame our current state on Bush is pretty hypocritical. Besides, you didn't really answer anything I asked. If there are so many other ideas to make things better that were presented during McCain's campaign, why didn't we hear about them? He sure didn't talk about any. He even said he didn't understand economics. So how was he going to save us? Once again, The big question is...What do you want President Obama to do? What does he need to do, in your opinion, to make this all better? What is your answer to this problem Lucas? There is no clear answer on how to fix eight years of the idiot Bush. President Obama isn't doing a good job with the deficit because no one can. He hasn't learned how to part the red sea, turn water into wine or walk on water yet either. What do you and people like you want him to do to fix this horrible mess? I'm sure Obama is all ears... bigears
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Reagan didn't blame everything on Carter... He just rolled up his sleeves and went to work for the American people.. He didn't have personal agendas like Obama and Bush.. And didn't worry about his "legacy" or popularity.. His first two years were bumpy because of the mess he inherited but his policies worked and should be applied today... Lowering capitol gains taxes actually made revenue climb... Obama said he didn't care he was going to raise them any way.. How does that make economic sense?? I did my homework.. Reagan lowered unemployment, interest rates and inflation.. If you want my answer to the problems we are facing it's easy.. Smaller government and more state rights.. Or just follow Reagans plan.. It worked.. It took a couple of years and I would be willing to give Obama a little time if he wasn't trying to use the same old failed tax and spend policies and trying to ram his personal agenda down our throats...
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:11 pm

I have answered your question but you still have not answered mine... Name me one liberal policy that has EVER been successful..
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 am

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:31 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
I have answered your question but you still have not answered mine... Name me one liberal policy that has EVER been successful..
Any one???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?   So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, When Is Obama Going To Save All Those Jobs?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next