The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n

Go down 
+2
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n Empty
PostSubject: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in national parks and wildlife refuges   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:33 am

Many people in my family are big hunters so I've been hearing all about how they think Pres. Obama was going to take their guns away. We've all heard it but for some reason I'm not hearing much about how Obama just signed into law the right to carry loaded firearms in national parks and wildlife refuges. Apparently that bill was even too extreme for the republicans to sign into law. The NRA is taking credit for talking the president into signing this. I wonder if that means they'll quit sending out all the hate mail and fear-mongering letters and such to their members? Obama just gave republican gun owners more rights than their own party would give them. Interesting for someone who was treated like the devil and accused of being a secret Muslim that was going to leave us defenseless as he took over the country. Grin

Another funny video about this subject....
tinfoil tinfoil
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:41 am

Obama just did what he had to do.. Bush lifted the ban and congress overwhelmingly approved.. Just another stunt by Obama to make him look good.. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=83055
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:34 am

^ Exactly what I was thinking Luke. Obama and his band of merry men (and women) are smoothing over their real agenda, Sad thing is there are those that will fall into it.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:46 pm

Nobody held a gun to his head and MADE him sign that. Once again, you still have your guns and with more rights! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks to President Bush.. Not Obama.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

It was set to go into effect in January but was voted down. President Obama was the one that allowed it to be entered into the new credit card bill to slip it pass congress, not Bush. Bush tried to do it and failed.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:27 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

It was set to go into effect in January but was voted down. President Obama was the one that allowed it to be entered into the new credit card bill to slip it pass congress, not Bush. Bush tried to do it and failed.
Link?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Never mind,, I found one.. You are partially correct.. But it was a Bush policy.. NOT Obama's.. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/19/national/main5025472.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_5025472
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:38 pm

True but Obama got the law passed. A policy ain't worth much if it isn't signed into law...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Maybe it's the moderate in me coming out, but how about we give both presidents, Bush and Obama, credit for the law?

Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:14 pm

I'll give credit to both even though I think the whole bill was a bad idea. Duck!
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:37 pm

While I'm glad to see this bill passed, I'm still very concerned about the "assault weapons" ban that will likely be passed with this administration.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Lord knows we all need an AK-47 to go deer huntin'. rofl
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Exactly Luke, there is imo nothing about gun rights and Obama. Like I have said before, I am afraid that all law abiding citizens that are gun owners know what Obama is all about and imo it is certainly not the 2nd amendment. Obama wants to write his own and imo eventually would love nothing more than a disarmed society with no gun rights whatsoever.....complete government control.

My opiniopn is that if they cannot get the guns then they are definatley going to tax the ammo so high that no one can afford it. That has already started to some extent.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm

The Drifter wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Exactly Luke, there is imo nothing about gun rights and Obama. Like I have said before, I am afraid that all law abiding citizens that are gun owners know what Obama is all about and imo it is certainly not the 2nd amendment. Obama wants to write his own and imo eventually would love nothing more than a disarmed society with no gun rights whatsoever.....complete government control.

My opiniopn is that if they cannot get the guns then they are definatley going to tax the ammo so high that no one can afford it. That has already started to some extent.

Only time will tell Drifter...and as stated, Obama was the one who signed it into law, not Bush. I hope this board is still around in a few years so we can see what actually happens vs. what everybody was scared was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:21 am

gringaloca wrote:
Can you tell me the difference between an AK-47 and a deer rifle?
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Exactly Judge. I am not talking about just one person at all, there are many people out there including some writing these ridiculous bills banning certain weapons that have included some semi-automatic guns on their list of automatic assault weapons. The people that want guns banned don't even know what an automatic weapon is or can't define an automatic weapon from a semi - auto. They either don't know, don't care, it sounds right to them or are ignorant about guns and have no idea what they are talking about.............probably all of the above.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

The AK 47 was designed by the soviet union to kill people. Your common deer rifle was designed to kill deer. Razz
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:47 pm

gringaloca wrote:
The AK 47 was designed by the soviet union to kill people. Your common deer rifle was designed to kill deer. Razz
Technically, you can say any gun was designed to kill people. You could say the same thing about a knife. However, I want to see if you know the difference between the AK and a deer rifle.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Technically, you can say any gun was designed to kill people. You could say the same thing about a knife. However, I want to see if you know the difference between the AK and a deer rifle.

I'll be the first to say that I am not a firearms expert. I do know a little just from being around family members who are major league into guns. The difference that I can see just from personal observation is that the AK is more of a military style gun which means that it is a more powerful gun than a regular deer rifle and shoots at a higher velocity than a regular deer rifle. It also has a larger magazine so it can shoot many times before reloading vs a deer rifle that only has a few shots. They are also cheapy rifles so they can be modified easily into full automatic weapons which comes in handy if you are planning on killing lots of people in a short time. If you can't shoot a deer in the first two shots, maybe people need another hobby. AK's are also not very precise. They aren't good for hunting animals unless you are up close and personal, which most deer won't let you walk up and shoot them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:09 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I'll be the first to say that I am not a firearms expert. I do know a little just from being around family members who are major league into guns. The difference that I can see just from personal observation is that the AK is more of a military style gun which means that it is a more powerful gun than a regular deer rifle and shoots at a higher velocity than a regular deer rifle. It also has a larger magazine so it can shoot many times before reloading vs a deer rifle that only has a few shots. They are also cheapy rifles so they can be modified easily into full automatic weapons which comes in handy if you are planning on killing lots of people in a short time. If you can't shoot a deer in the first two shots, maybe people need another hobby. AK's are also not very precise. They aren't good for hunting animals unless you are up close and personal, which most deer won't let you walk up and shoot them. Wink
Gringa, I really appreciate you responding to me. If I may, I'd like to tell you a bit about the AK 47 vs a deer rifle.
Actually, an AK is less powerful than your average deer rifle. It's still a good rifle to deer hunt with, the round (7.63x39) is pretty suited to whitetail deer. Sure, the AK looks a lot different, but in terms of ballistics it's fairly close to a 30-30, about 20% less powerful. It's been a common myth how much more powerful an AK is than hunting rifles, mostly by design by politicians that want them banned. Please watch this video, as it has some very good info and footage. It will explain things very well.

Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Excellent, eye-opening video, Judge! Have any others that correct common myths?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:08 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Gringa, I really appreciate you responding to me. If I may, I'd like to tell you a bit about the AK 47 vs a deer rifle.
Actually, an AK is less powerful than your average deer rifle. It's still a good rifle to deer hunt with, the round (7.63x39) is pretty suited to whitetail deer. Sure, the AK looks a lot different, but in terms of ballistics it's fairly close to a 30-30, about 20% less powerful. It's been a common myth how much more powerful an AK is than hunting rifles, mostly by design by politicians that want them banned. Please watch this video, as it has some very good info and footage. It will explain things very well.

I'm sorry but I could only watch half the video. I have sat internet and I have a limit on how much I can download per day. It's crappy.
Anyway, that video was very interesting. Very eye opening. Those poor watermelons. Razz So, the AK is 20% less powerful when using that sort of ammo. What about other ammo? Is it still less powerful even using other kinds?
Was I correct about the other stuff? The main problem being that huge magazine? Isn't it more suited for warfare and shooting people because it's lighter and not as long and has more rounds? And even though it can be used somewhat in deer hunting, aren't there better hunting rifles suited for the purpose? I can understand someone wanting a certain gun for the history and to show people...go to the shooting range with but does it really serve a good purpose besides what it was originally built for....killing people? confused
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:56 am

gringaloca wrote:
I'm sorry but I could only watch half the video. I have sat internet and I have a limit on how much I can download per day. It's crappy.
Anyway, that video was very interesting. Very eye opening. Those poor watermelons. Razz So, the AK is 20% less powerful when using that sort of ammo. What about other ammo? Is it still less powerful even using other kinds?
Was I correct about the other stuff? The main problem being that huge magazine? Isn't it more suited for warfare and shooting people because it's lighter and not as long and has more rounds? And even though it can be used somewhat in deer hunting, aren't there better hunting rifles suited for the purpose? I can understand someone wanting a certain gun for the history and to show people...go to the shooting range with but does it really serve a good purpose besides what it was originally built for....killing people? confused
You can get the 7.62 x 39 ammo in either full metal jacket or hollow point. You would want to use hollow point to hunt with. It's really pretty efficient killing white tail deer and hogs. Hunters have been very successful hunting deer with SKS rifles for years, they fire the same ammo.
Many states have limits on how many rounds a semi-auto can have for hunting, usually a five round magazine is OK. There are many semi-auto handguns that shoot 15 to 17 rounds and you can quickly change magazines. A lever action deer rifle can be fired about as quickly as a an AK, they fire 9 to 13 rounds.
Yes, you can make certain firearms fire repeatedly with a conversion kit, but not with any regularity or safety. A gun that shoots repeatedly when only intended to shoot once per trigger pull isn't something that's going to be accurate enough to hit the target before riding the weapon up toward the sky. This is why many military guns have a burst selector, it fires 3 rounds per trigger pull. Making a gun fully auto is also extremely illegal, but I realize criminals don't care about the law.
I actually own an AK, well an MAK 90 to be exact, same thing except it has no pistol grip or bayonet lug. They're a lot of fun to target shoot with! If you like to shoot, try one if possible, you'll have a blast (pun intended).
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Excellent, eye-opening video, Judge! Have any others that correct common myths?
Indeed I do, Annie. I highly recommend watching this video:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next