The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Gardening Question

Go down 
+2
Festus
Judge Roy Bean
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Another Gardening Question Empty
PostSubject: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:00 pm

I have problems with deer, they love the plants I have and I'm tired of the damage they do. Do any of you have any recommendations to keep deer off my plants? The two methods I've recently heard about is a hot sauce and water mix and an egg and water mix, both applied to the plant with a spray bottle. Have any of you tried these or other methods? What else might you recommend?
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Festus
Festus

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:10 pm

The egg/water mix is what you'd use to brush the top of a homemade loaf of bread with to make it shiny. Maybe it'll make your leaves shiny, at least. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Judge, I wish I had the answer to that one. I at least wish the deer would eat my weeds along with my flowers. Mad
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:01 pm

Festus wrote:
The egg/water mix is what you'd use to brush the top of a homemade loaf of bread with to make it shiny. Maybe it'll make your leaves shiny, at least. Very Happy
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:02 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Judge, I wish I had the answer to that one. I at least wish the deer would eat my weeds along with my flowers. Mad
I hear ya, the dang critters are driving me nuts.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:15 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:

Oddly enough, they say the same thing about him. Cool Shades
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:42 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
Oddly enough, they say the same thing about him. Cool Shades
spank
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:25 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
I can fix the problem come deer season. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
I can fix the problem come deer season. Laughing Laughing
I would gladly welcome that, Lucas! Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
I have problems with deer, they love the plants I have and I'm tired of the damage they do. Do any of you have any recommendations to keep deer off my plants? The two methods I've recently heard about is a hot sauce and water mix and an egg and water mix, both applied to the plant with a spray bottle. Have any of you tried these or other methods? What else might you recommend?

I can't vouch for this method, but a friend of mine used to raise peppers and the deer annihilated them. He lived near some guys that raised wacky backer and they told him to go by the nearest beauty/barber shop and ask for their hair clippings. They told him to lightly spread the human hairs around and in the crop every week or so and the deer would stay away. I didn't hear whether or not it worked. Problems with deer or hairy plants, you make the call. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Gardening Question   Another Gardening Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Gardening Question
Page 1 of 1