The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee

Go down 
+5
Ja'far
Mongo
Annie Oakley
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:12 pm

gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Like Lucas, I can't speak for Him, but I will venture to guess he might condone war in some cases.

I have not and will no forget what happened on September 11, 2001. If a few terrorists had to be water boarded in order to prevent it from happening again I'm all for it. To think the Bush admin didn't struggle with this "torture" issue is simply crazy. Right or wrong, they did what they thought would protect American citizens...Not for the fun of it...Please!!! Why can't you get over it? It pales in comparison to what thousands of our fellow Americans had to endure.

I have a feeling some are just joining in with Obama on the issue because he's made it into a political circus.

I guarantee you wouldn't care one bit who got water boarded if it was your butt on the line. Give me a break!

It's not up to us. It's up to our government to make the correct, legal decisions. And you are being highly offensive. Like I have forgot about September 11th. No I wonder why the people who lost loved ones are so against waterboarding, etc. I guess they must have forgot about their loved ones. And as far as God goes, there is nothing to think about. It says in the Bible how we are supposed to behave and torture isn't something Jesus would do. People need to quit picking and choosing what they want out of the Bible to suit their current circumstance. This all goes back to people letting fear fog their thinking. Torture is illegal and waterboarding is considered torture whether any of you think it is or not and it's against the teaching of Jesus Christ. Twist it all you want. There is no excuse good enough for it not even if you think for some bizarre reason that it will save your hide. Waterboarding has done nothing to keep us safer so it is TOTALLY pointless unless you just enjoy getting revenge for 9-11.

I seriously doubt you even knew what waterboarding was before BHO introduced it into the campaign with intentions of making it a circus. Clowns have been joining the circus ever since.

Please don't take offense to the "clown" remark, it just goes good with circus and is nowhere near as offensive as some of your remarks.

As for the bolded part of your post...My son is in the Navy and would more than gladly get or be waterboarded for your safety. I most definitely want revenge for 9-11. Who Don't?

For YOU to say "Waterboarding has done nothing to keep us safer so it is TOTALLY pointless" is arrogant and quite disturbing. How would YOU know? Were you there when it was being carried out? Or do you believe every word the libs say? Give me another break.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Thanks for the links.. Lots of info BUT not a single death associated with water boarding.. And as far as I can tell none of the articles on the herbs includes any statements about the bible condoning abortion...

I guess you see what you want to see. Rolling Eyes It states several times that several were killed during interrogation. That's what Cheney called waterboarding but as I said before, you'll see what you want to see. Makes no difference if the truth knocks you on the head. I'm done trying to pry open a permanently closed mind.

I'm off to drink a corona and enjoy this lovely evening with my honey pie. Don't ruin your nice weekend letting fox news rot your brain. Put on your tinfoil hat and live a little! Beer Toast Ba-bye!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:51 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Like Lucas, I can't speak for Him, but I will venture to guess he might condone war in some cases.

I have not and will no forget what happened on September 11, 2001. If a few terrorists had to be water boarded in order to prevent it from happening again I'm all for it. To think the Bush admin didn't struggle with this "torture" issue is simply crazy. Right or wrong, they did what they thought would protect American citizens...Not for the fun of it...Please!!! Why can't you get over it? It pales in comparison to what thousands of our fellow Americans had to endure.

I have a feeling some are just joining in with Obama on the issue because he's made it into a political circus.

I guarantee you wouldn't care one bit who got water boarded if it was your butt on the line. Give me a break!

It's not up to us. It's up to our government to make the correct, legal decisions. And you are being highly offensive. Like I have forgot about September 11th. No I wonder why the people who lost loved ones are so against waterboarding, etc. I guess they must have forgot about their loved ones. And as far as God goes, there is nothing to think about. It says in the Bible how we are supposed to behave and torture isn't something Jesus would do. People need to quit picking and choosing what they want out of the Bible to suit their current circumstance. This all goes back to people letting fear fog their thinking. Torture is illegal and waterboarding is considered torture whether any of you think it is or not and it's against the teaching of Jesus Christ. Twist it all you want. There is no excuse good enough for it not even if you think for some bizarre reason that it will save your hide. Waterboarding has done nothing to keep us safer so it is TOTALLY pointless unless you just enjoy getting revenge for 9-11.

I seriously doubt you even knew what waterboarding was before BHO introduced it into the campaign with intentions of making it a circus. Clowns have been joining the circus ever since.

Please don't take offense to the "clown" remark, it just goes good with circus and is nowhere near as offensive as some of your remarks.

As for the bolded part of your post...My son is in the Navy and would more than gladly get or be waterboarded for your safety. I most definitely want revenge for 9-11. Who Don't?

For YOU to say "Waterboarding has done nothing to keep us safer so it is TOTALLY pointless" is arrogant and quite disturbing. How would YOU know? Were you there when it was being carried out? Or do you believe every word the libs say? Give me another break.

And I suppose you DO know. rofl I certainly hope that if your son ever gets waterboarded that the people who do it get prosecuted and not a pat on the head. Talk about disturbed, look in the mirror. razz2 I've had enough of this right wing nut fest for one evening. It's time to get back to reality. Enjoy your feared filled weekend! Weird/Odd
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:31 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Thanks for the links.. Lots of info BUT not a single death associated with water boarding.. And as far as I can tell none of the articles on the herbs includes any statements about the bible condoning abortion...

I guess you see what you want to see. Rolling Eyes It states several times that several were killed during interrogation. That's what Cheney called waterboarding but as I said before, you'll see what you want to see. Makes no difference if the truth knocks you on the head. I'm done trying to pry open a permanently closed mind.

I'm off to drink a corona and enjoy this lovely evening with my honey pie. Don't ruin your nice weekend letting fox news rot your brain. Put on your tinfoil hat and live a little! Beer Toast Ba-bye!
Liberals are so easy... According to Obama in his speech at the naval academy a total of 4 terrorist were water boarded... None died.. Is Obama a liar... You confuse speculation and innuendo with proven fact... You see what you want to see. Try reading the entire articles. That way you won't embarrass yourself so bad.. I'll do a little more research on your "the bible condones abortion" statements and we'll have a little fun in the religion forum..
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 9:52 am

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

You nailed it gringa! That's exactly what those on the right always see, just what they want to. thumb
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:22 am

Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

You nailed it gringa! That's exactly what those on the right always see, just what they want to. thumb
I proved my point using the links provided in this thread no matter how left leaning they were.. Posters should read the ENTIRE article.. Not just what they want to see....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:57 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I proved my point using the links provided in this thread no matter how left leaning they were.. Posters should read the ENTIRE article.. Not just what they want to see....

You proved nothing except that you have a closed mind to anything that isn't a republican viewpoint. If Sean Hannity told you to jump off a cliff to prove you love Dick Cheney, I bet you and the others would show up by the thousands. I picture the native Americans driving the buffalo off the cliff to their deaths right now. You and the others will see what you want to see. And you do realize that President Obama also said that waterboarding is torture. Hmmmm, picking and choosing snippets of his speeches just like picking and choosing snippets of the Bible. Out of context as always.
Wait a minute, why am I wasting my time trying to convince you of anything? I'd have better luck convincing Dick Cheney to grow a heart. Take care! And welcome fellow lib Audra! We need a few more of us around here but make sure you bring your boots. The poop can get pretty deep. quicksand
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:42 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

You proved nothing except that you have a closed mind to anything that isn't a republican viewpoint. If Sean Hannity told you to jump off a cliff to prove you love Dick Cheney, I bet you and the others would show up by the thousands. I picture the native Americans driving the buffalo off the cliff to their deaths right now. You and the others will see what you want to see. And you do realize that President Obama also said that waterboarding is torture. Hmmmm, picking and choosing snippets of his speeches just like picking and choosing snippets of the Bible. Out of context as always.
Wait a minute, why am I wasting my time trying to convince you of anything? I'd have better luck convincing Dick Cheney to grow a heart. Take care! And welcome fellow lib Audra! We need a few more of us around here but make sure you bring your boots. The poop can get pretty deep. quicksand

One question. Do you consider yourself to have a "closed mind" to anything that is a republican/conservative viewpoint? Answer very carefully. I don't want Judge Roy to kick me off the site for categorizing you if you don't answer truthfully.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:38 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

One question. Do you consider yourself to have a "closed mind" to anything that is a republican/conservative viewpoint? Answer very carefully. I don't want Judge Roy to kick me off the site for categorizing you if you don't answer truthfully.

Judge Judy? I think the admins on this site are pretty fair. Lots of them totally disagree with everything I say but they still let me voice my opinion even when I probably deserved to get the boot. And yes, I will be the first to admit that I do lean towards the left but I do take into consideration what the other side has to say before I automatically dismiss it. As I have said before, I personally don't believe in abortion especially partial birth abortion but I don't believe that it's my job to tell others what they can and can't do with their bodies. I think it should be between God and that person and only God the correct answer to the question of abortion, not religious institutions run by men. I have many conservatives beliefs but I keep an open mind for those who don't have the same beliefs that I do. This country is for all people no matter their race, beliefs, financial standing, etc. I believe in God and am a red letter Christian, which means I follow the words of Jesus, not man made doctrine. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins and that we are ALL saved through his blood. I believe that we are all Gods creations and we all deserve basic human rights and I really do consider the often ignored question "WWJD?". I talked to a pastor the other day and we both agreed that politics should never been preached from the pulpit.
I guess my question is, what do republicans stand for? What makes us all so different? When it comes down to brass tacks I think we all want the same thing. We want to be free. We want the right to practice the religion we see fit. We want to be safe. We want to be prosperous and happy. Many of those things can be easily achieved if hate, bigotry and close-minded thinking would be taken out of the equation but we are humans, so we are not perfect. There will always be those who want to harm others, some who want revenge, some who want to be greedy and some who are just to plain stubborn to look at the big picture. And what boggles my mind is those who belittle people who just want peace, like we are a bunch of dope smoking, goofy, Godless people. And the people who think that the most are usually republicans. That is just a fact. What I don't get is the hypocrisy of it all. They say they are Christians and what do Christians seek more than anything else? Heaven. And what is Heaven? Eternal peace and happiness. Sounds like the same thing us "crazy tree hugging hippies" want. And I've met so many republicans who have this bad ass attitude who act like this whole political situation is some sort of football game or the sissies against the macho "good" guys. This isn't a flipping Bruce Willis movie. This is reality. This world is full of wonderful, different people who bleed red just like Americans do. If certain republicans would emerge from their safety bubble and experience other lands and get to know them and love them, maybe they wouldn't want to make glass bowls out of their cities. When I was little one of my favorite childrens hymns in church was Jesus loves the little children. That song with the teachings and experiences I have had in my life has made me what I am today. You can either respect it and listen to what I have to say or you can condemn me and ignore me. To be totally honest, I don't care one way or another. This is a free country and I will speak my mind all I like. And I will listen to and take into consideration things that I think are truthful and worth while. If something looks like bs, sounds like bs and smells like bs, it's probably bs. That's why I won't agree with everything these new kick butt and take names later type of republicans that have popped up after 9-11. I find that many have lost their integrity and basic human decency because we were attacked and it scared the crap out of them. It didn't turn a lot of people into patriots, it turned them into nationalists. I'd rather be a patriot.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:38 pm

Just as I thought. You copped out of answering the question truthfully. I will refrain from categorizing you though.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 8:34 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I did prove something.. I proved YOU wrong with the "facts" YOU provided... The only snippets I picked is Obama said no one died.. Yet you won't even believe what the President says...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:17 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I did prove something.. I proved YOU wrong with the "facts" YOU provided... The only snippets I picked is Obama said no one died.. Yet you won't even believe what the President says...

Can you provide a link of the full speech? I would like to hear it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:21 am

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Just as I thought. You copped out of answering the question truthfully. I will refrain from categorizing you though.

Tell me how I copped out please. And you didn't answer any of my questions. I think it's funny how I'm supposed to answer every question that you and the others who agree with you ask and provide mountains of evidence but everything you say is somehow the gospel truth. Maybe it's time you start coughing up some evidence to support your claims and they can't be from any biased right wing website. How many "sissies" have to say it's torture before you'll believe it?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 7:10 am

Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:48 pm

gringaloca wrote:
And welcome fellow lib Audra! We need a few more of us around here but make sure you bring your boots. The poop can get pretty deep. quicksand
Thank you, gringaloca! I agree, we do need more of us around here! That's ok though, I work with quite a few right wingers, I'm used to the absurdity. Razz
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
plenty more.. http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/news/letters/2009/05/TORTURE-No-one-died-from-waterboarding/
You guys complain about the links gringa and I provide and then post one sided links like this? rofl
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
plenty more.. http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/news/letters/2009/05/TORTURE-No-one-died-from-waterboarding/
You guys complain about the links gringa and I provide and then post one sided links like this? rofl
The left leaning links in this thread also proved my point... If you don't believe the left or right links.. What's it going to take??
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I know. An op/ed done by some pro-torture person. Razz Like I said, whatever I say is garbage even if it's backed up by every news source on earth but whatever they said is the gospel truth. It's very typical from my experience. Rolling Eyes

And Lucas, not everyone is left or right. There is such a thing as solid fact from unbiased sources.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:52 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I know. An op/ed done by some pro-torture person. Razz Like I said, whatever I say is garbage even if it's backed up by every news source on earth but whatever they said is the gospel truth. It's very typical from my experience. Rolling Eyes

And Lucas, not everyone is left or right. There is such a thing as solid fact from unbiased sources.
Really?? You said we killed people by water boarding and you have yet to prove it.. Should we consider the words of the president as an un-biased source??
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

Really?? You said we killed people by water boarding and you have yet to prove it.. Should we consider the words of the president as an un-biased source??

So far I haven't seen the president say that and you do realize that over 30 plus cases are still under investigation, right? Not to mention that torture doesn't always kill people. Doesn't make it acceptable or legal. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:05 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

So far I haven't seen the president say that and you do realize that over 30 plus cases are still under investigation, right? Not to mention that torture doesn't always kill people. Doesn't make it acceptable or legal. Evil or Very Mad
So now you are backing off of your statement because you can't prove it... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

So now you are backing off of your statement because you can't prove it... Laughing Laughing

Keep on viewing things from the skewed world view you have. I'm actually still waiting for that link I asked for. What's taking so long? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:24 am

Audra Barkley wrote:
What about the links you've provided? Do you know of ANY sources that aren't firmly in the back pocket of Obama? rofl Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:58 am

gringaloca wrote:
Keep on viewing things from the skewed world view you have. I'm actually still waiting for that link I asked for. What's taking so long? Rolling Eyes
Gringa, I'm still amazed at how you have had such an outcry for these "poor terrorists" yet don't tear shed for all of the victims of the terrorists. Now, I know you care about them, but honestly I think your hatred for Bush and Cheney has left your views skewed. Remember Daniel Pearl & Nick Berg? Is what they went through even remotely as "mild" as what waterboarding is in comparison? No detainees have died from waterboarding. Hasn't every Westerner captured by terrorists been tortured AND killed?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Mongo wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
What about the links you've provided? Do you know of ANY sources that aren't firmly in the back pocket of Obama? rofl Laughing

So you are saying the BBC, ABC, CBS, The Associated Press, etc. are all paid off by the democratic party? Wow, Judge, we need an emoticon with a tinfoil hat badly. razz2 Mongo I had no idea you were one of the crazy conspiracy theorist you laugh about. Weird/Odd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee   Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torture Debate on Fox and friends. hee hee
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next