The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense Empty
PostSubject: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Quote :
As Obama himself put it, recasting a relationship takes not just words, but deeds.

So Obama embraced Cuba's overture to put every issue on the table, but he wants the Castro government to free political prisoners. He had attention-snaring handshakes and smiles with Hugo Chavez, but he wants the Venezuelan leader to stop being an authoritarian figure. Obama pledged the U.S. and Mexico are united on the drug war, but violence keeps on raging.

What a breath of fresh air he is!

President challenges critics and defends his brand of world politics.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:10 pm

I don't have a problem with opening dialogue with our adversaries, I just hope he doesn't give away the farm in trying to get on their good side.

My view is, offer a sign of good will, if they don't reply in a similar manner, don't feel you need to offer more, just graciously leave the negotiation table in a polite manner.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Well, the previous administration proved that ignoring our enemies and acting like we are so much better than everyone else DID NOT work. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:32 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Well, the previous administration proved that ignoring our enemies and acting like we are so much better than everyone else DID NOT work. Blessed are the peacemakers.
You are so right on the mark, gringaloca. Eight years of bullying our way has gotten us nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
You are so right on the mark, gringaloca. Eight years of bullying our way has gotten us nowhere.
Some examples would help.. Who did the government "bully"?? And what DID NOT work... We asked a few few countries that owe us favors to help us fight war.. They refused.. Yet we still aid those countries.. Plus, we haven't had an attack on our soil by a sworn enemy that wants us all dead since 01.. Talk is great but action speaks louder than words... Do you really think Obama can actually change the minds of our enemies.. If so why did he send 60,000 more troops to Afghanistan?? Why didn't he just speak to them??
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Some examples would help.. Who did the government "bully"?? And what DID NOT work... We asked a few few countries that owe us favors to help us fight war.. They refused.. Yet we still aid those countries.. Plus, we haven't had an attack on our soil by a sworn enemy that wants us all dead since 01.. Talk is great but action speaks louder than words... Do you really think Obama can actually change the minds of our enemies.. If so why did he send 60,000 more troops to Afghanistan?? Why didn't he just speak to them??

Spit I'm sorry but when I read this I literally started laughing out loud. Have you been outside of your house in the past decade or have you been in a cave some place? You think the Bush administration was a success? Bwaa ha ha ha. Any example of the big wonderful things they did?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:34 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Audra Barkley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

Spit I'm sorry but when I read this I literally started laughing out loud. Have you been outside of your house in the past decade or have you been in a cave some place? You think the Bush administration was a success? Bwaa ha ha ha. Any example of the big wonderful things they did?
So just as I thought.. No examples..
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:55 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
So just as I thought.. No examples..
Spit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense   Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama: Reaching out to enemies makes sense
Page 1 of 1