The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used Empty
PostSubject: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:28 am

Link

Quote :
"We were not -- I repeat -- were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used," said Pelosi, D-Calif.

The House majority leader reluctantly agreed Tuesday that congressional hearings should investigate Pelosi's assertion that she wasn't informed, more than six years ago, that harsh interrogation methods were used on the Al Qaeda leader.

Quote :
Democrats will hold a series of hearings on Justice Department memos released last month that justified rough tactics against detainees, including waterboarding -- simulated drowning -- and sleep deprivation.

While Democrats want the hearings to focus on what they call torture, Republicans have tried to turn the issue to their advantage by complaining that Pelosi and other Democrats knew of the tactics but didn't protest. Pelosi was briefed in 2002 while on the House Intelligence Committee.

If you don't like the first source.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:01 am

Pelosi has known since 2002 and lied about it twice... And if it was such a big deal, why didn't the Dems stop it when they took control of congress 2007??
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:22 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Link

Quote :
"We were not -- I repeat -- were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used," said Pelosi, D-Calif.

The House majority leader reluctantly agreed Tuesday that congressional hearings should investigate Pelosi's assertion that she wasn't informed, more than six years ago, that harsh interrogation methods were used on the Al Qaeda leader.

Quote :
Democrats will hold a series of hearings on Justice Department memos released last month that justified rough tactics against detainees, including waterboarding -- simulated drowning -- and sleep deprivation.

While Democrats want the hearings to focus on what they call torture, Republicans have tried to turn the issue to their advantage by complaining that Pelosi and other Democrats knew of the tactics but didn't protest. Pelosi was briefed in 2002 while on the House Intelligence Committee.

If you don't like the first source.

I'm interested in finding out more on this subject. I watched something about it on tv last night and according to them she was told in 2002 that attorneys were researching the legality of certain methods but waterboarding was never directly mentioned. It also said that she was not informed that the tactics were actually being used. I hope they do look into it because I want to know the truth.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:33 am

Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:45 am

UPDATE:The report also details dozens of other meetings with members of Congress -- though not with Pelosi present -- where the use of waterboarding and other interrogation techniques was described.

The Senate intelligence committee’s chairman and ranking member, Bob Graham and Richard Shelby, were given a briefing similar to the one with Pelosi and Goss on Sept. 27, 2002, according to the report.

On Feb. 4, 2003, a briefing on “enhanced interrogation techniques” for Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., and Sen. John D. Rockefeller IV, D-W.Va., revealed that interrogations of Abu Zubaydah and Abd Al-Rahim Al-Nashiri were taped.

In addition, that briefing “described in considerable details” the techniques used, including “how the water board was used.”

A similar briefing the following day included Goss and Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif., who by that time had become the top Democrat on the House intelligence committee, when Pelosi moved on to become minority leader.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:44 pm

More Pelosi lies.. Said she was too busy winning back congress for the Dems.. After they won it back,she didn't act.. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pelosi_torture
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
More Pelosi lies.. Said she was too busy winning back congress for the Dems.. After they won it back,she didn't act.. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pelosi_torture
From that article:
Quote :
"To the contrary ... we were told explicitly that waterboarding was not being used," she told reporters, referring to a formal CIA briefing she received in the fall of 2002.

I'm not buying what she's selling. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Do you remember what Pelosi said back in April of 2007, when she accused then-Attorney General Alberto Gonzales of lying.

Sparing no amount of venom she admonished Gonzales and demanded his RESIGNATION!

"By his actions and with his testimony yesterday, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has lost the trust of the American people. The nation cannot have a chief law enforcement officer whose candor and judgment are in serious question. The president should restore credibility to the office of the attorney general. Alberto Gonzales must resign."

Pelosi was right; and to her statement, we would like to add the following:

By her actions, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, has lost the trust of the American people. The nation cannot have a Speaker of the House - a person who, by law, stands right behind the Vice-President in the presidential line of succession - whose candor and judgment are in serious question. Credibility must be restored to the House of Representatives. Nancy Pelosi MUST RESIGN.

Stir The Pot

Link
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:46 am

Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used Toon042709
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:06 am

Quote :
"CIA officers briefed truthfully on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah," Mr. Panetta wrote in a memo to agency employees. "It is not our policy or practice to mislead Congress. That is against our laws and our values." A day earlier, Mrs. Pelosi had claimed that CIA officials had "misled" her at a September 4, 2002 briefing on enhanced interrogation techniques, including waterboarding of the likes of Zubaydah.

Quote :
Briefings are attended by more than one agency official, and a legislative liaison typically writes up a summary memo describing significant exchanges. Agency careerists hardly loved the Bush Administration after the Iraq WMD fiasco, and the controversy over "torture" has raged for years. If the CIA had misled Congress on a matter that was so politicized, surely someone in the agency would have leaked it long before now, if only to deflect blame onto the unpopular (and soon to depart) Republicans.

Link
Back to top Go down
Geronimo
Homesteader
Homesteader
Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Mongo wrote:
Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used Toon042709

Funny!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:11 am

I have a feeling that it makes no difference what the truth ends up being, she's going to be wrong in all your eyes. She's been tried and convicted before this situation has even been resolved. And what I find funny is that you all want to crucify her for something that you all seem to think is just peachy. Waterboarding isn't torture according to all of you. So who cares? My feeling is that whomever was involved in the whole waterboarding situation should go to prison. ALL OF THEM. If we are going to talk about flip flopping politicians we better set aside a lot of time and it's going to be republicans and democrats BOTH. I think the only reason why republicans are obsessing about Pelosi is to divert attention away from the REAL issue which is the fact that torture is illegal and we need to send some people to prison. I'm tired of the 20 second attention span that is made worse by the so called news channels and talking head pundits.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:18 am

gringaloca wrote:
I have a feeling that it makes no difference what the truth ends up being, she's going to be wrong in all your eyes. She's been tried and convicted before this situation has even been resolved. And what I find funny is that you all want to crucify her for something that you all seem to think is just peachy. Waterboarding isn't torture according to all of you. So who cares? My feeling is that whomever was involved in the whole waterboarding situation should go to prison. ALL OF THEM. If we are going to talk about flip flopping politicians we better set aside a lot of time and it's going to be republicans and democrats BOTH. I think the only reason why republicans are obsessing about Pelosi is to divert attention away from the REAL issue which is the fact that torture is illegal and we need to send some people to prison. I'm tired of the 20 second attention span that is made worse by the so called news channels and talking head pundits.
So, you think she's telling the truth? If she were a Republican, would it be easier for you to say she's wrong?

If it's torture, than we torture our own troops. That would seem a bit odd to me. Scratch Head
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:38 am

The torture at the time it was conducted was LEGAL and well known to both sides of congress... If the left needs a talking point maybe there was a gray area as to how it became legal, but at the time the left didn't mind.. Only when they thought they were untouchable after the election, they pursued action against the previous administration.. They just didn't realize how stupid Pelosi is...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used   Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used
Page 1 of 1