The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

White House projects record deficit for 2009

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

White House projects record deficit for 2009 Empty
PostSubject: White House projects record deficit for 2009   White House projects record deficit for 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Quote :
Conrad, who chairs the Senate's budget committee, accused the president of "squandering" the surplus he inherited from President Bill Clinton and said the increased debt the government has taken on to cover the deficit has undermined the value of the dollar and hurt the overall economy.

"If they gave out Olympic medals for fiscal irresponsibility, President Bush would take the gold, silver and bronze," Conrad said. "With his eight years in office, he will have had the five highest deficits ever recorded. And the highest of those deficits is now projected to come in 2009, as he leaves office."

Ummm, Bush's worst year he borrowed like 10% of the deficit, Obama is hitting nearly 50% and all they can do is point the finger at Bush?

OK, I'm not happy with how Bush handled the economy, but come on folks, when are these guys going to admit they're doing worse in this area? And in only four and a half months! doh

The new projected deficit is four times the 2008 deficit, which was a record high for its time!

Link
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: White House projects record deficit for 2009   White House projects record deficit for 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:08 pm

That is all the left does is play the blame game.. That is why it is so easy to debate a liberal... You just have to ask them one simple question... What liberal policy has ever worked???? Hangs them up every time... LOL
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: White House projects record deficit for 2009   White House projects record deficit for 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Quote :
Conrad, who chairs the Senate's budget committee, accused the president of "squandering" the surplus he inherited from President Bill Clinton and said the increased debt the government has taken on to cover the deficit has undermined the value of the dollar and hurt the overall economy.

"If they gave out Olympic medals for fiscal irresponsibility, President Bush would take the gold, silver and bronze," Conrad said. "With his eight years in office, he will have had the five highest deficits ever recorded. And the highest of those deficits is now projected to come in 2009, as he leaves office."

Ummm, Bush's worst year he borrowed like 10% of the deficit, Obama is hitting nearly 50% and all they can do is point the finger at Bush?

OK, I'm not happy with how Bush handled the economy, but come on folks, when are these guys going to admit they're doing worse in this area? And in only four and a half months! doh

The new projected deficit is four times the 2008 deficit, which was a record high for its time!

Link

Chirp, chirp, chirp or whatever a cricket sound is. Deafening silence. silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White House projects record deficit for 2009   White House projects record deficit for 2009 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White House projects record deficit for 2009
Page 1 of 1