The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Specter Switcheroo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

Specter Switcheroo Empty
PostSubject: Specter Switcheroo   Specter Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

What do you think about Specter switching over to democrat? I think it's nothing more than Specter looking out for Specter.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

Specter Switcheroo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Specter Switcheroo   Specter Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Definitely. It's like the crew taking off in the last life boat. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Specter Switcheroo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Specter Switcheroo   Specter Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:15 am

SKINNYPIG wrote:
What do you think about Specter switching over to democrat? I think it's nothing more than Specter looking out for Specter.

I agree that he is looking out for his own career, that's obvious but I also agree with him that the republican party has gone way too far right. Moderate republicans are on the endangered species list nowadays and that's really hurting them. Their party is shrinking by the minute. Maybe they should think about why instead of repeating what is destroying them? Next thing you know they'll run Palin for president. They don't seem to learn from their mistakes.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

Specter Switcheroo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Specter Switcheroo   Specter Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:39 pm

gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

I agree that he is looking out for his own career, that's obvious but I also agree with him that the republican party has gone way too far right. Moderate republicans are on the endangered species list nowadays and that's really hurting them. Their party is shrinking by the minute. Maybe they should think about why instead of repeating what is destroying them? Next thing you know they'll run Palin for president. They don't seem to learn from their mistakes.

"Gone way too far right"???? First tell me what you think "Right" is. If you are implying that conservatism is "right" then you are way off base. I can't think of one conservative (with the nads to stand up to the liberals) in Washington right now. What is a "moderate republican", and why should republicans moderate? BHO, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid nor Barney Frank have "moderated' lately. Where are all the moderate democrats? Have they moved too far to the left? No, not too far, all the way...And they won! The republican party nominated a "moderate" to run for president and they lost handily. If the democrats had nominated a "moderate", McCain would have won.

The republican party needs leadership that will get off all the nonsense like abortion and gay marriage and get back to "true" conservative policies such as smaller government, freedom, capitalism, lower taxes, strength and liberty. Leadership that will fearlessly stand up to the Obama admin and expose them for what they are. If they will find this leadership and adopt the Fair Tax they will slam Obama in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Tom Gladius
Homesteader
Homesteader
Tom Gladius

Specter Switcheroo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Specter Switcheroo   Specter Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Political opportunism for the sake of electability, no more no less. I don't suspect to see a dramatic shift in his voting habits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Specter Switcheroo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Specter Switcheroo   Specter Switcheroo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Specter Switcheroo
Page 1 of 1