The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails! Who's next?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yeehaw

yeehaw

First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails!  Who's next? Empty
PostSubject: First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails! Who's next?   First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails!  Who's next? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Newt Gingrich? He was slobbering all over the Obama admin today... what's up with that? Looking to run for president, Newt?

Today Richard Wolffe said:
"Republicans lost their hearts in the 1980's, lost their minds in the 1990's, and lost their image in the 2000's." I think that sums it up pretty well.

All kidding and smarta$$ comments aside, I do think the disintegration of the Republican Party (by their own hand) is a good thing. They couldn't continue down the path of hate and destruction they were on, and they had to crumble at some point. I think this is that point. Hopefully they'll take this opportunity to rationally and intelligently pick up the pieces and start rebuilding the party into a respected, viable, patriotic party that will serve the citizens of USA rather than themselves. BUT, in order to rebuild the party, they're going to have to open their minds and hearts, toss the sour grapes in the trash, and cut ties with their Hate Heros. Can they do it? It'll be a huge undertaking, but what a great opportunity they have right now. Hopefully they won't squander it. Time will tell. Hey, ya never know...
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails! Who's next?   First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails!  Who's next? I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:50 pm

The same thing happened to the Democrat party, that's how Bush got elected twice. These things go in cycles. You'll see the Republicans back in charge soon enough, then, after a while, it'll go back to the Dems. Americans are a fickle people.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails! Who's next?   First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails!  Who's next? I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Joe the Plumber bailed? When did I miss that news?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails! Who's next?   First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails!  Who's next? I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Joe the Plumber bailed? When did I miss that news?

Here's what I found on the subject. Apparently he told Time Magazine that he's had enough of the republican party. Hmmmm. He's always been in it for attention. Guess he saw his star falling. I'm sorta sad he is leaving the republicans. He wasn't the brightest bulb and was making them look bad especially after the "queer" comment last week.
Here's a quote from Time.

Quote :
Well, more elections. Big Government is never popular in theory, but the disaster aid, school lunches and prescription drugs that make up Big Government have become wildly popular in practice, especially now that so many people are hurting. Samuel Wurzelbacher, better known as Joe the Plumber, tells TIME he's so outraged by GOP overspending, he's quitting the party -- and he's the bull's-eye of its target audience. But he also said he wouldn't support any cuts in defense, Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid -- which, along with debt payments, would put more than two-thirds of the budget off limits. It's no coincidence that many Republicans who voted against the stimulus have claimed credit for stimulus projects in their district -- or that Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal stopped ridiculing volcano-monitoring programs after a volcano erupted in Alaska. "We can't be the antigovernment party," Snowe says. "That's not what people want."

Link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails! Who's next?   First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails!  Who's next? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Arlen Specter, now Joe the Plumber bails! Who's next?
Page 1 of 1