The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

President Obama's Speech Tonight...

Go down 
+2
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
6 posters

Do you plan on watching this speech?
Yes
President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_vote_lcap75%President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No
President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_vote_lcap25%President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

President Obama's Speech Tonight... Empty
PostSubject: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:53 am

Tonight is the big night where President Obama will try to convince the American people and congress to move forward with health care reform. Is Obama really going to talk to *all* of the American people or will the republican public be MIA?

If you don't plan on watching it...please give a reason why....
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Looks as if Obama is coming to his senses a little bit... The speech should be interesting.. http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090909/pl_politico/26907
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:35 pm

I expect him to try to sell it hard to the conservatives, but I doubt he'll succeed. I know he says he'll explain it fully, but I wonder if he indeed will explain it in it's entirety.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:46 pm

I hope to watch it. I have football responsibilities. Is it on at 9?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I hope to watch it. I have football responsibilities. Is it on at 9?

I think it's on at 8. Got a DVR???

And Judge, don't be so pessimistic. At least give the man a shot.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:23 pm

I missed most of the beginning due to the fact that when politicians make speaches (Dem or Repub), it is usually alot of hot air without any real substance to it. Again, this is true Dem or Repub.
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:34 am

Just watched the replay. It was a very good speech, but I'm not sure who he was reaching here. I can't imagine those willing to believe anything said in opposition to health reform will have a change in heart, as evidenced by the shouting during the speech. And having Nancy Pelosi stand behind you and applaud relentlessly can't help anything. I think the speech would have been more powerful addressed to Americans from the Oval Office or some such personal location, but he's exhausted his primetime address leeway.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 am

Ja'far wrote:
Just watched the replay. It was a very good speech, but I'm not sure who he was reaching here. I can't imagine those willing to believe anything said in opposition to health reform will have a change in heart, as evidenced by the shouting during the speech. And having Nancy Pelosi stand behind you and applaud relentlessly can't help anything. I think the speech would have been more powerful addressed to Americans from the Oval Office or some such personal location, but he's exhausted his primetime address leeway.

He just brought together the democratic base. That's really all he needed to do. And the disrespectful outburst only made the right look more crazy. So many republicans are becoming embarrassed by this kind of behavior that is based on complete lies. I'm glad some of them are starting to see the light. I guess when you have no real plan yourself...all you can do is grasp at totally ridiculous lies to scare the ignorant. I bet Fox News and the crazy element of the right stayed up all night trying to come up with it's next terrifying lie. Maybe they'll say Obama is going to kill their first born sons or a vampire from outerspace? Nothing would surprise me at this point.

PS Regarding Pelosi. Can't be any worse than Dick Cheney in the background smirking and looking like a total...well, you know. plooey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Obama's Speech Tonight...   President Obama's Speech Tonight... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

President Obama's Speech Tonight...
Page 1 of 1