The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It Was Kim's Idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

It Was Kim's Idea Empty
PostSubject: It Was Kim's Idea   It Was Kim's Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

It Was Kim's Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Was Kim's Idea   It Was Kim's Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:38 pm

What's the point?
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

It Was Kim's Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Was Kim's Idea   It Was Kim's Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Ja'far wrote:
What's the point?

There was some bickering back and forth between the rights and lefts on here whether this was good diplomacy and negotiation by Clinton which got the two journalists freed or if it was simply the US relenting to Kim's demands of a US big wig come to N Korea and have to ask for the journalists so Kim can make this look like a media spectacle in N Korea that "he made the US come to him and beg".

Whichever the case is, the US had to take the action it did. Ultimately the two journalists were in error when veered into N Korean territory when they knew N Korea does not want Westerners in their country unless invited and will arrest those who do. Of course N Korea is at fault also for making a felony out of s simple mistake but this is one of those cases where you just get the two Americans back, let Kim have his little parade and just go on with life.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

It Was Kim's Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Was Kim's Idea   It Was Kim's Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Wyatt Earp wrote:
Ja'far wrote:
What's the point?

There was some bickering back and forth between the rights and lefts on here whether this was good diplomacy and negotiation by Clinton which got the two journalists freed or if it was simply the US relenting to Kim's demands of a US big wig come to N Korea and have to ask for the journalists so Kim can make this look like a media spectacle in N Korea that "he made the US come to him and beg".

Whichever the case is, the US had to take the action it did. Ultimately the two journalists were in error when veered into N Korean territory when they knew N Korea does not want Westerners in their country unless invited and will arrest those who do. Of course N Korea is at fault also for making a felony out of s simple mistake but this is one of those cases where you just get the two Americans back, let Kim have his little parade and just go on with life.

Yes, and everybody knows that Kim has been begging for a high level diplomat to come to N. Korea but I still don't see where it says that he would release the girls if Clinton showed up. And I totally agree with your last sentence. Do what it takes. Just like Richardson going to see Hussein to get my step father out of Abu Ghraib. Diplomacy needs to be utilized even if it's with crazies. At least the journalists are home and safe. That's all that matters in the end.

PS I bet certain people were busting their hump trying to find that article. laugh until I cry laugh until I cry rofl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It Was Kim's Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Was Kim's Idea   It Was Kim's Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Was Kim's Idea
Page 1 of 1