The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conspiracy Theories

Go down 
+3
Doc Holiday
Annie Oakley
Judge Roy Bean
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Conspiracy Theories Empty
PostSubject: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:20 am

What's your favorite one?
Know anyone that buy into them?
Any stories of friends that swear by one?

I get a kick out of the Kennedy assassination one.
The one about the government being behind the bringing down of the Twin Towers always leaves me shaking my head. No
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:28 am

The one that really gets me boiling is the moon landing hoax/conspiracy. I hate when otherwise intelligent individuals believe that it was faked. For Pete's sake, our Cold War enemies the Russians have no trouble believing that we landed on the moon. Why should our own citizens disbelieve?

Just a warning, I could go on about this ALL day!
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:32 pm

People disbelieve what they don't understand. The greater the triumph, or the more horrible the tragedy, the more likely there will be conspitacy theories attached. The government is usually the target, as people have a natural distrust of authority.

Of the Kennedy, Moon Landing and 911 theories, I'd be most likely to buy into the Kennedy one. It was a tumultuous time in history, a lot of power was up for grabs, and a lot of bad things we're happening to good people.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
People disbelieve what they don't understand. The greater the triumph, or the more horrible the tragedy, the more likely there will be conspitacy theories attached. The government is usually the target, as people have a natural distrust of authority.

Of the Kennedy, Moon Landing and 911 theories, I'd be most likely to buy into the Kennedy one. It was a tumultuous time in history, a lot of power was up for grabs, and a lot of bad things we're happening to good people.

I agree. It is the most likely. Far fewer people would have to have "been in on it" for it to work. I have a couple of books on that topic that I need to read this summer.
Back to top Go down
John Reid
Homesteader
Homesteader
John Reid

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:54 am

The Kennedy Assassination always has fascinated me. Not sure I buy it all, but it's still interesting to see all the points of view.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:02 pm

John Reid wrote:
The Kennedy Assassination always has fascinated me. Not sure I buy it all, but it's still interesting to see all the points of view.
I don't buy into much of it but considering the weapon he used and the position he was in, it had to be the luckiest shot ever..
Back to top Go down
John Reid
Homesteader
Homesteader
John Reid

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
John Reid wrote:
I don't buy into much of it but considering the weapon he used and the position he was in, it had to be the luckiest shot ever..

Not really. The magic bullet only comes into play if Governor Conley is sitting directly infront of Kennedy, but he wasn't. He was on a jump seat to the left and below Kennedy.
So the so called Magic bullet is actually going in a straight line.
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
John Reid wrote:
Actually, Oswald achieved sharp shooter status while in the Marine Corps. The shots taken during the assassination where not that difficult for a Marine sharp shooter.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Pat Garrett wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
John Reid wrote:
Actually, Oswald achieved sharp shooter status while in the Marine Corps. The shots taken during the assassination where not that difficult for a Marine sharp shooter.
I realize Oswald was an accomplished sniper.. But to get three shots off in seven seconds with an old M91/38 bolt action with any accuracy is nearly impossible..
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:52 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Pat Garrett wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
John Reid wrote:
I realize Oswald was an accomplished sniper.. But to get three shots off in seven seconds with an old M91/38 bolt action with any accuracy is nearly impossible..
It has been proven in tests that it can be done with that type of weapon.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 am

Like I said, I don't buy into the conspiracy stuff, but still an extremely lucky shot for any one...
Back to top Go down
Curly Bill

Curly Bill

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:28 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

It wasn't Oswald. I think LBJ was behind it.
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:24 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Like I said, I don't buy into the conspiracy stuff, but still an extremely lucky shot for any one...
Except the Rifleman! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conspiracy Theories
Page 1 of 1