The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?

Go down 
+3
The Drifter
Mongo
gringaloca
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:47 pm

I watched a news program that said it was going to cost 2.5 million just in law enforcement and LA is currently running a half a billion dollar deficit. People will be receiving pink slips because Jackson died. Bizarre to the end.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:01 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I watched a news program that said it was going to cost 2.5 million just in law enforcement and LA is currently running a half a billion dollar deficit. People will be receiving pink slips because Jackson died. Bizarre to the end.

The different sides of the issues regarding Michael.

Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:17 pm

The only racial divide about MJ is from bigots like Jamie Fox and P Diddy.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:49 am

Mongo wrote:
The only racial divide about MJ is from bigots like Jamie Fox and P Diddy.
thumb I agree and after the "rant" by Al Sharpton at that ceremony comparing Michael Jackson the a great man like Martin Luther King doh I would personally add Sharpton the the "biggot" club (actually he was on that list long before yesterday Rolling Eyes ). Sharpton saying that Jackson and Obama being elected were somehow related is imo an embarrassment to Dr. King and his legacy.
Michael Jacksons tribute was supposed to be just that... a memorial to a great and talented singer/entertainer. Sharpton is like Fox and Diddy...... always want to make it or anything else into a racial uprising or something. I didn't see or hear anyone at anytime denying Jackson was an african american and/or a great talent and entertainer. Biggots like Fox, Diddy, Sharpton, J. Jackson just look to bait anything they can into an "all against me" and imo that hurts their cause much more than it helps. JMO

As for Michael Jackson ........through the 80's up untill around the early 90's or so was one of the greatest entertainers/artist of all time. Starting in the 90's Jacksons bizzare ( to say the least) behavior tore down practically everything that he represented. JMO

My thoughts go out to his family, especially his children (the children are the real victims and innocent ones through all of this)
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:57 pm

This sadly did become a bit of a circus. He made lovely music while alive, can't we let the man rest in peace?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:10 pm

Michael Jackson was one of the greatest entertainers to ever walk on this earth, period, end of sentence.

I would just like to know why some would call a crotch grabbing, freakish, dope headed great entertainer a hero?

A hero??? Come on!
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 pm

I guess that the "hero" comes from his humanitarian work and the messages of hope in his music.

However, skinny, I agree with you. Great entertainer, yes. Hero? Well, that's a stretch for me, based on my own criteria for "heroes."
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:58 am

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Michael Jackson was one of the greatest entertainers to ever walk on this earth, period, end of sentence.

I would just like to know why some would call a crotch grabbing, freakish, dope headed great entertainer a hero?

A hero??? Come on!
I agree with everything you said here......

Great entertainer?....Absolutey!
Hero?..... Gimme a break!

Heroes for me today are our Policeman, firefighters, rescue workers, paramedics, ER doctors and nurses and the men and women of our military. Hopefully a kid today can look at his parents as their heroes (sadly, some cannot)..........but at any rate certainly not some strung out/spoiled 50 year old man that wants to sleep with children. Weird/Odd

Jackson definately was a great singer/entertainer...............end of story.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Though he may not have qualified to a hero to us all, to a few children he was a total hero. He supported so many charities he was listed in the Guiness book of world records. It is estimated that he is given over 500 million dollars to charity in his short life. (eat that rush, Laughing ) And it makes me sick how they have turned this into a race issue on Fox News. Yes, the whole thing has been rather circus-like but he was a major talent, he did break down racial walls, he did many wonderful things for the poor, hungry, etc... I just wish everyone would let the man rest in peace. Hopefully his children don't have to go through the sort of life he did.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Audra Barkley wrote:
This sadly did become a bit of a circus. He made lovely music while alive, can't we let the man rest in peace?
I agree and my answer to your "let it rest" comment would be because attention/publicity grabbing idiots like Al Sharpton won't let it rest.
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:59 am

gringaloca wrote:
Though me may not have qualified to a hero to us all, to a few children he was a total hero. He supported so many charities he was listed in the Guiness book of world records. It is estimated that he is given over 500 million dollars to charity in his short life. (eat that rush, Laughing ) And it makes me sick how they have turned this into a race issue on Fox News. Yes, the whole thing has been rather circus-like but he was a major talent, he did break down racial walls, he did many wonderful things for the poor, hungry, etc... I just wish everyone would let the man rest in peace. Hopefully his children don't have to go through the sort of life he did.

I would say that they already are. Just watching the part of his daughter saying goodbye to him at the funeral didn't make me sad it made me so darn mad. There was all the "Jackson's" on stage...grabbing at her...telling her what to say...They looked like they were fighting to see who would have their picture taken with her in their arms while the child cried. Give me a freakin' break here. Michael's father and mother didn't do to good of a job with him.....the rest of his family is freaky....let someone ...SANE....have these children and raise them right.

AND....Blanket...Blanket...is that his real name and why would anyone think someone had any sense if they named a child...BLANKET....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Kgirl wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Though me may not have qualified to a hero to us all, to a few children he was a total hero. He supported so many charities he was listed in the Guiness book of world records. It is estimated that he is given over 500 million dollars to charity in his short life. (eat that rush, Laughing ) And it makes me sick how they have turned this into a race issue on Fox News. Yes, the whole thing has been rather circus-like but he was a major talent, he did break down racial walls, he did many wonderful things for the poor, hungry, etc... I just wish everyone would let the man rest in peace. Hopefully his children don't have to go through the sort of life he did.

I would say that they already are. Just watching the part of his daughter saying goodbye to him at the funeral didn't make me sad it made me so darn mad. There was all the "Jackson's" on stage...grabbing at her...telling her what to say...They looked like they were fighting to see who would have their picture taken with her in their arms while the child cried. Give me a freakin' break here. Michael's father and mother didn't do to good of a job with him.....the rest of his family is freaky....let someone ...SANE....have these children and raise them right.

AND....Blanket...Blanket...is that his real name and why would anyone think someone had any sense if they named a child...BLANKET....

Blanket is a nickname. His actual name is Prince Michael Jackson II. Apparently Michael named him that because he believed that you should wrap your children in love and warmth like a blanket. The name just stuck. I've heard worst nicknames, believe me. My sister in laws nickname is porkchop and my grandfather still calls me Rick (no idea why). Nicknames are usually pretty weird.
It broke my heart when I heard that Michael's mother might get them. Joe has already said he is going to make them into "strong" Jacksons. Hopefully he'll be gone soon and they won't go through the torment that he put his own children through. It's too bad they can't go to their real mother but I think she is just wanting them for money. They'd be better off going to a distant relative who isn't in show business and isn't totally deranged from dealing with Joe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?   Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's tribute..who's paying for it?
Page 1 of 1