The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Palin's State Attorney General pick

Go down 
+4
gringaloca
Mongo
Ja'far
Annie Oakley
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Festus
Festus

Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Mongo wrote:
Ja'far wrote:
I read both the article linked and the AP article it criticized. The AP article documented racial invectives used against Obama since the election. The linked article contended that the AP article classified legitimate criticism of Obama as racial.

Personally, I have no fear of being accused of any form of racism for criticizing Obama. I certainly haven't seen his critics accused of such.
So, are you saying the AP was correct? If so, the example of the cartoon alone was wrong the way the AP perceived it, IMO.

Wasn't Angie Harmon accused of being racist for criticizing Obama, recently? I thought I heard of someone mentioning that recently.
Have you listened to urban talk radio? It's a daily charge there.

Word of advice....stop listening to urban talk radio. Seriously....your life will improve DRASTICALLY!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:32 am

Festus wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Shaking hands with Chavez 3 times at one meeting looked rather over the top to me, perhaps I'm more sensitive to things like this than most, but I felt it made him look like he was "falling all over himself" to shake hands with a guy that is a horrible excuse of a leader in Chavez.

The bow before Saudi King Abdullah was ridiculous, IMO. Did he bow to the Queen of England? No. So the "out of respect" argument aint gettin it. He looked like he was offering his head for crying out loud. A US President has no business bowing before a Saudi King. A kiss on the cheek, as Bush did, is acceptable as that is as common as shaking hands in many countries. As to Bush holding hands with the King, I don't know, perhaps thay had a little something going on the side. Shocked

Maybe you saw Obama shake hands 3 times with Chavez because that's what the media chose to air. It's possible he shook hands repeatedly with many of the leaders there.

You are correct and they sorta left out several tense moments between the two of them when Obama looked rather angry with Chavez. His jaw muscles were tense and he looked mad. He wasn't thrilled to be with the guy. Shaking hands was just being polite.

PS I think that it's good advice for everyone to quit listening to any sort of talk radio shows from either side. They just spew anger and it's not healthy.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Festus wrote:
Mongo wrote:
Ja'far wrote:
I read both the article linked and the AP article it criticized. The AP article documented racial invectives used against Obama since the election. The linked article contended that the AP article classified legitimate criticism of Obama as racial.

Personally, I have no fear of being accused of any form of racism for criticizing Obama. I certainly haven't seen his critics accused of such.
So, are you saying the AP was correct? If so, the example of the cartoon alone was wrong the way the AP perceived it, IMO.

Wasn't Angie Harmon accused of being racist for criticizing Obama, recently? I thought I heard of someone mentioning that recently.
Have you listened to urban talk radio? It's a daily charge there.

Word of advice....stop listening to urban talk radio. Seriously....your life will improve DRASTICALLY!
I like to get everyone's view of things, even if it drives me nuts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:25 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Festus wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Shaking hands with Chavez 3 times at one meeting looked rather over the top to me, perhaps I'm more sensitive to things like this than most, but I felt it made him look like he was "falling all over himself" to shake hands with a guy that is a horrible excuse of a leader in Chavez.

The bow before Saudi King Abdullah was ridiculous, IMO. Did he bow to the Queen of England? No. So the "out of respect" argument aint gettin it. He looked like he was offering his head for crying out loud. A US President has no business bowing before a Saudi King. A kiss on the cheek, as Bush did, is acceptable as that is as common as shaking hands in many countries. As to Bush holding hands with the King, I don't know, perhaps thay had a little something going on the side. Shocked

Maybe you saw Obama shake hands 3 times with Chavez because that's what the media chose to air. It's possible he shook hands repeatedly with many of the leaders there.

You are correct and they sorta left out several tense moments between the two of them when Obama looked rather angry with Chavez. His jaw muscles were tense and he looked mad. He wasn't thrilled to be with the guy. Shaking hands was just being polite.

PS I think that it's good advice for everyone to quit listening to any sort of talk radio shows from either side. They just spew anger and it's not healthy.
I couldn't disagree more. Talk radio is a great outlet for getting other views out there. Darn good thing we don't have to rely solely on the mainstream media to give us news and current events, you'd only get one slanted view and there would be things you wouldn't hear about at all. Thank God for talk radio. cheers
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Festus wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. Talk radio is a great outlet for getting other views out there. Darn good thing we don't have to rely solely on the mainstream media to give us news and current events, you'd only get one slanted view and there would be things you wouldn't hear about at all. Thank God for talk radio. cheers

I used to listen to Air America and even though I agreed with a lot of what I was hearing, I found that it only made me angry or depressed and look at the people around me in a different, not so good light. The same goes for the other side. I know people who have long commutes from Louisville who put their Rush Limbaugh and other ultra right wing people on and by the time they get home they are totally angry or depressed about what they had been listening to for the past hour. I don't believe talk radio is news as much as it is entertainment fear/hate mongering and preaching to the choir. If people want to know what is really happening they have to pick up some books especially history books written by people on both sides of the fence. They have to travel and see what the world is like outside the US. They have to make friends with people who they wouldn't normally associate with. People from different religious backgrounds, financial standing, etc. That's the best way to get the real news. Knowledge is power! I like to form my own views and not be told what to think by some person who I don't even know personally. Question everything. And as my mom used to tell me when I was growing up. Believe nothing you hear and half you see.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 am

gringaloca wrote:
I used to listen to Air America and even though I agreed with a lot of what I was hearing, I found that it only made me angry or depressed and look at the people around me in a different, not so good light. The same goes for the other side. I know people who have long commutes from Louisville who put their Rush Limbaugh and other ultra right wing people on and by the time they get home they are totally angry or depressed about what they had been listening to for the past hour. I don't believe talk radio is news as much as it is entertainment fear/hate mongering and preaching to the choir. If people want to know what is really happening they have to pick up some books especially history books written by people on both sides of the fence. They have to travel and see what the world is like outside the US. They have to make friends with people who they wouldn't normally associate with. People from different religious backgrounds, financial standing, etc. That's the best way to get the real news. Knowledge is power! I like to form my own views and not be told what to think by some person who I don't even know personally. Question everything. And as my mom used to tell me when I was growing up. Believe nothing you hear and half you see.
I'm not a fan of Rush Limbaugh, I listen to a guy I think is more down the middle in Mike McConnell. I will on occasion listen to Rush or Hannity just to see what they're talking about, but I don't buy into their way of "entertainment". I listen to Left Wing radio now and then to get their side of things as well.
As I said you can't rely on the mainstream media to give you all the news as they are very biased, IMO.
I totally agree with you about books and talking to people. I have a very good friend that is a history major and a real fountain of knowledge. I learn something new every time I talk to him.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
I'm not a fan of Rush Limbaugh, I listen to a guy I think is more down the middle in Mike McConnell. I will on occasion listen to Rush or Hannity just to see what they're talking about, but I don't buy into their way of "entertainment". I listen to Left Wing radio now and then to get their side of things as well.
As I said you can't rely on the mainstream media to give you all the news as they are very biased, IMO.
I totally agree with you about books and talking to people. I have a very good friend that is a history major and a real fountain of knowledge. I learn something new every time I talk to him.

That's wonderful! I love picking peoples brains for little nuggets of wisdom. I try really hard to meet people from other countries because I'm so interested in what life is like outside the US. One of my best friends is a Venezuelan guy that I met about a year ago. He's my brotha from another motha. lol. We talk often and it's taught me so much about life in South America and living under the rule of Chavez. It won't be long until they go full out communist but the resistance is still there and growing. I also have made some friends in Europe and a few in the middle east. I try to be a good will ambassador for this country every chance I get.

I'm glad you don't spend too much time on the Rush/Sean/Glenn crazy train. I couldn't believe when Sean volunteered to get waterboarded for charity. Of course, that still hasn't happened. And then when Glenn Beck did that crazy eye thing and then the crying jag. Did you see that? It was funny but downright crazy looking. That man needs his head examined. lol

Here's some funny clips from the colbert report... ha ha

Clip One

Clip Two

Clip Three
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Funny clips, gringa!
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Nope, not kidding. Could you explain what sort of free passes you are referring to? And I'll be the first to admit that I am not an economist and the entire situation is very scary for all of us but I haven't heard the republicans come up with any sort of fix it all plan. I mean where was the outrage when the first tarp was rushed through? The first economic plan that the republicans submitted didn't even contain any numbers and was like 16 (don't quote me but it wasn't many) pages long.
As far as his picks. It's Washington DC. I think that Pres Obama went into this job with middle-class, hardworking people in mind. He rolled into Washington and found it totally corrupt. I imagine that it's damn near impossible to find anyone who has any government experience that is squeaky clean. It's a sad fact but he dealt with it the best he could. Once the skeletons started to show up he did the best he could. I mean, is there such a thing as a clean politician? That's an oxymoron. The same could be said about the GOP's picks from the past. Where's Will Rogers when I need him? I'm sure he'd have something funny to say! ha ha
What passes? The media ignores most of his gaffes and have since he started campaigning. He falls all over himself to shake hands with Chavez and it's widely ignored. He bows before a Saudi king and it's widely ignored. He signs a "stimulus package" that he doesn't give anyone ample time to read and the media acts as if it's a brilliant plan, even though they had no idea what was in it. If someone challenges him, they're considered racist by many on the left. It's ridiculous.
I, for one, was not happy at all about the first tarp and also thought it was rushed through. I'll wait to see about having middle-class, hardworking people in mind since I'm one of them, but knowing how liberal he is and the fact that he's a Dem, I'm sure we'll be the ones getting the brunt of his taxes.
As for him rolling into D.C. and finding it totally corrupt, he should be used to it since he was part of the most corrupt political machine while he was in Chicago. You are spot on, however, when you point out that there isn't such a thing as a politician that's squeaky clean.

So were you okay with Bush kissing and holding hands with the Saudi? Good lord after the idiot Bush and his 8 years of nonstop bull, a dead cat would have been a huge improvement.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word filter violation)
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:26 pm

karlschneider wrote:
So were you okay with Bush kissing and holding hands with the Saudi? Good lord after the idiot Bush and his 8 years of nonstop XXXXX, a dead cat would have been a huge improvement.
Maybe they had something going on the side. Wink

Try to be cautious of the word filter violations. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Good post, gringa. I do want to clarify one thing, as regards President Bush's interaction with the Saudi king. He was following the Saudi custom amongst two friends, so his actions there shouldnt' be analyzed too much beyond that. He certainly did want to keep him on his good side, though! Smile

As far as quoting someone else, just hit the "quote" button in their post.

I'm not at all surprised you agree! That is a perfect example of the makeup of our country today. Scary indeed!
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Mr. Lew Morris wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Good post, gringa. I do want to clarify one thing, as regards President Bush's interaction with the Saudi king. He was following the Saudi custom amongst two friends, so his actions there shouldnt' be analyzed too much beyond that. He certainly did want to keep him on his good side, though! Smile

I'm not at all surprised you agree! That is a perfect example of the makeup of our country today. Scary indeed!

Lay off the personal comments and discuss the issue.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Maybe you saw Obama shake hands 3 times with Chavez because that's what the media chose to air. It's possible he shook hands repeatedly with many of the leaders there.[/quote]

But probably not.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Mr. Lew Morris wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

I'm scary? Razz You'd laugh if you actually knew me. And to insinuate that the president has some sorta love for Chavez is silly. The only news channel that got in such a tizzy about the whole thing was Fox. Go figure. It's called diplomacy, something that may seem foreign to people who think that ignoring or attacking people is the only way. Obama has no love for Chavez and has referred to him as a Demagogue who is running a country on failed ideologies from the past. And Chavez said that Obama stunk from the previous administration. Just because he shook the mans hand and was diplomatic doesn't make the two like each other. We've seen pictures of Don Rumsfeld with his arm around Saddam Hussein, etc. I've had to shake hands with the doctor who destroyed my body during a meeting and God knows how I feel about that man. It's just a proper meeting tradition. What did people want him to do anyway? Punch him in the face or stick his tongue out at him? We're better than that and Obama is just showing the world that we have class and grace in the face of adversity.
Back to top Go down
Tom Gladius
Homesteader
Homesteader
Tom Gladius

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:34 pm

As far as talk radio is concerned, on those occasions I listen to Rush I do so for entertainment and little else. Sometimes there is a gem of value in there, but I don't listen to look for it.

Personally, a comment like "If you can't rape your wife, who can you rape?" makes me chuckle. Every other guy I have quoted it to has chuckled as well, so it is good to know I am no deviant on this matter.

I think he was an idiot to say it anywhere that wasn't just with friends.

When it comes to a joke, nothing is off limits in my book. If we consider Mel Brooks and Monty Python comedically brilliant for jokes and skits about the Spanish Inquisition, then is condemning something like this a tad hypocritical?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:24 am

Tom Gladius wrote:
As far as talk radio is concerned, on those occasions I listen to Rush I do so for entertainment and little else. Sometimes there is a gem of value in there, but I don't listen to look for it.

Personally, a comment like "If you can't rape your wife, who can you rape?" makes me chuckle. Every other guy I have quoted it to has chuckled as well, so it is good to know I am no deviant on this matter.

I think he was an idiot to say it anywhere that wasn't just with friends.

When it comes to a joke, nothing is off limits in my book. If we consider Mel Brooks and Monty Python comedically brilliant for jokes and skits about the Spanish Inquisition, then is condemning something like this a tad hypocritical?

Maybe it's just me but I don't find it comical even in a Monty Python sort of way. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Tom Gladius
Homesteader
Homesteader
Tom Gladius

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:29 am

gringaloca wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I don't find it comical even in a Monty Python sort of way. Sorry.

At least you are consistent, I will give you that.

I believe that nothing is above being made fun of or laughed at, always have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palin's State Attorney General pick   Palin's State Attorney General pick - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palin's State Attorney General pick
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2