The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY

Go down 
+5
Lucas McCain
Annie Oakley
Wyatt Earp
Judge Roy Bean
gringaloca
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY Empty
PostSubject: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Minn. rules for Franken in Senate fight
cheers cheers cheers

By BRIAN BAKST
The Associated Press
Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:25 PM

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered that Democrat Al Franken be certified as the winner of the state's long-running Senate race.

The high court rejected a legal challenge from Republican Norm Coleman, whose options for regaining the Senate seat are dwindling.

Justices said Franken is entitled to the election certificate he needs to assume office. With Franken and the usual backing of two independents, Democrats will have a big enough majority to overcome Republican filibusters.

Coleman hasn't ruled out seeking federal court intervention.

link

I wonder if Coleman is going to keep on wasting tax payers money to fight something he lost months ago.? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:20 pm

I don't know about you, but the thought of Al Franken being a member of Senate isn't comforting at all. He's a bitter lunatic in my book, a real loose cannon.

As to the filibuster, that's as long as Kennedy and Byrd can physically make it to the Senate to cast their vote.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:38 pm

puke I couldn't stand Franken even before he got into politics, too radical (hard to believe a Hollywood fixture is radical I know). Then again, Minnesota elected Ventura correct? I guess electing nuts is the norm for them. I am only so-so on Coleman but if I had to take my pick, I would take the lesser of two extremes.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 pm

I love Al. Calling him a nut is rather harsh. Apparently many people liked him or he wouldn't be a senator now. YAYYYYYY! Drinkers Party spank
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:03 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I love Al. Calling him a nut is rather harsh. Apparently many people liked him or he wouldn't be a senator now. YAYYYYYY! Drinkers Party spank
It is Minnesota... Grin
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
It is Minnesota... Grin

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:03 pm

I love Al!!!!!! Norm Coleman always reminded me of a scary cartoon figure Evil or Very Mad affraid with Osmond teeth Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Kgirl wrote:
I love Al!!!!!! Norm Coleman always reminded me of a scary cartoon figure Evil or Very Mad affraid with Osmond teeth Laughing

Spit Grin

He's another one of those plastic looking people. Odd. Minnesota is a nice state. I went up there to Mayo Clinic and got world class service. Not everybody is crazy there but there sure are some fruitcakes...Michele Bachmann for example. EEEKK! razz2 affraid I'm glad Al won. He's funny and intelligent. I can't wait to see what all he has to say.
Back to top Go down
Outcast
Homesteader
Homesteader
Outcast

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Hal Frankin ......... GREAT QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB ! Yea Right. Sadly enough though, what is happening in Washington is the disassembling of the American way of life, and to send a nasty sharp tonged PUBLICITY SEEKING comedian to make important decisions really is a joke! Point in fact many Americans can't stand the fellow, and a controversial smart ass, who charms himself with his own rhetoric will surely only add to the "heat in the kitchen" and compound the difficulty of uniting a " hurting " country ....... Hal with a hurting carrier, got the publicity and job he wanted .... we need better representation than from a guy who flopped because he just wasn't funny, and who "RAN" for no doubt, self serving reasons . HIS SUPPORTERS, LIKE SO MANY LIVING IN AMERICA, THINK OUR PRESENT DAY SITUATION IS A JOKE.... so why not put an ailing "comedian" in Congress ? PERSONALLY, I think ALL of our self oriented TRAITOR representatives should be put on trial ......... so I guess Hal, even though a total jerk, could be "no worse " than any of them.....JUST LOOK at the people we have representing us....Democrat and Republican ..... A SELL OUT IS HAPPENING BEFORE OUR VERY EYES..... France had two successful revolutions, maybe it's time for the populace to consider that... ( AND WHILE CONSIDERING ,play the sound track/ cd from LA MIS )
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Everyone make sure to take a look at the "sticky" posted at the top of the political forum. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Other than being a washed up celebrity that the left seem to love.. Exactly what are his qualifications in the political arena??? I mean even Obama was a "community organizer". Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Other than being a washed up celebrity that the left seem to love.. Exactly what are his qualifications in the political arena??? I mean even Obama was a "community organizer". Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
The only qualifications that he needs is...I have always liked him and for me...that's quite enough....but then I've always liked you also Razz Razz Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 pm

^ Weird, I know.. Laughing But that means you'll vote for me... king
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:08 am

He'll be as successful a Senator as he was a talk show host on Air America. When he talks, nobody will be listening.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Roy Rogers wrote:
He'll be as successful a Senator as he was a talk show host on Air America. When he talks, nobody will be listening.
Air America didn't have the big corporate funding like Rush and the others do. It's hard to get that kind of money unless you are in their back pocket. I listened to him on Air America when I had it. So saying that nobody listened to his show...well, that's simply not true.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo
Homesteader
Homesteader
Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:10 pm

I won't automatically dismiss Franken, but I'll give him no longer length of string to prove himself than anyone else. He can't be as bad as that Michelle Bachman, can he? No
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Geronimo wrote:
I won't automatically dismiss Franken, but I'll give him no longer length of string to prove himself than anyone else. He can't be as bad as that Michelle Bachman, can he? No

Amen! Weird/Odd
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:37 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Roy Rogers wrote:
Air America didn't have the big corporate funding like Rush and the others do. It's hard to get that kind of money unless you are in their back pocket. I listened to him on Air America when I had it. So saying that nobody listened to his show...well, that's simply not true.
National corporate ads may pay large part Rush's salary (just like they pay Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan), but local ad sales in each individual market is what keeps him on the air. Those sales are driven by Arbitron ratings, which are driven by listener ship. Rush stays on because his ratings stay high. When people quit listening to him, he'll go the way of local sports talk in Cincinnati.

All you have to do is go to the Arbitron site and compare the ratings of talk stations affiliated with Air America with talk stations not affiliated with AA, especially those that carry Rush. You'll find that, in most markets, the difference in favor of non-AA stations is more than a 500 to 1 market share. (non-AA talk stations have a 5 share AA stations have a 0.01 share.) You call it what you want. From where I sit, nobody's listening.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Roy Rogers wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Roy Rogers wrote:
National corporate ads may pay large part Rush's salary (just like they pay Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan), but local ad sales in each individual market is what keeps him on the air. Those sales are driven by Arbitron ratings, which are driven by listener ship. Rush stays on because his ratings stay high. When people quit listening to him, he'll go the way of local sports talk in Cincinnati.

All you have to do is go to the Arbitron site and compare the ratings of talk stations affiliated with Air America with talk stations not affiliated with AA, especially those that carry Rush. You'll find that, in most markets, the difference in favor of non-AA stations is more than a 500 to 1 market share. (non-AA talk stations have a 5 share AA stations have a 0.01 share.) You call it what you want. From where I sit, nobody's listening.

Then I guess that myself and others I know who listen are "nobodies". Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:02 am

gringaloca wrote:
Then I guess that myself and others I know who listen are "nobodies". Rolling Eyes Laughing
No, he's just saying there's not enough of you and he's right. Liberals, for whatever reason, just don't support radio talk shows.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
No, he's just saying there's not enough of you and he's right. Liberals, for whatever reason, just don't support radio talk shows.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the stigma that comes along with talk radio? When you have people like Rush babbling on....maybe liberals just don't want to partake in the constant negativity. That's one of the reasons I don't listen to Air America anymore. It can be quite depressing. If I listened to Rush every day, I'd probably kill myself. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:59 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the stigma that comes along with talk radio? When you have people like Rush babbling on....maybe liberals just don't want to partake in the constant negativity. That's one of the reasons I don't listen to Air America anymore. It can be quite depressing. If I listened to Rush every day, I'd probably kill myself. Crying or Very sad

Honestly, I don't think that conservatives are any more prone to negativity than liberals are. I just think that conservatives feel that they have the "righteous indignent" on their side and people like Rush milk it for all it's worth.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

Honestly, I don't think that conservatives are any more prone to negativity than liberals are. I just think that conservatives feel that they have the "righteous indignent" on their side and people like Rush milk it for all it's worth.

I totally agree. Believe me, I know libs can be negative. BIG TIME. Like I said, I couldn't handle air America thing because I found myself angry and upset all the time. It's just not healthy for either side.
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:24 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I totally agree. Believe me, I know libs can be negative. BIG TIME. Like I said, I couldn't handle air America thing because I found myself angry and upset all the time. It's just not healthy for either side.
Which is exactly why I avoid Rush, Hannity, Levine, Savage, AA, and all those spewing criticism with no meaningful solutions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY   Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota.....FINALLY
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next