The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez Empty
PostSubject: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Quote :
Just days after reestablishing diplomatic ties with Venezuela, President Hugo Chavez is accusing the U.S. of staging a coup in Honduras as President Obama expressed concern over President Manuel Zelaya's arrest.

Zelaya was arrested and forced into exile on Sunday after pressing ahead with a constitutional referendum that would have allowed for his re-election. The referendum had been judged illegal by Honduras' highest court and was opposed widely through political and military circles. Zelaya had fired the chief of the country's armed forces, Romeo Vásquez Velásquez, when he refused to help with the referendum.

Soldiers took away Zelaya, still in his pajamas, from the presidential palace Sunday morning and put him on a plane to San Jose, Costa Rica, where he planned to seek political asylum.

Chavez, who succeeded on his second try to push a similar referendum that allows his indefinite re-election, lashed out at the U.S. and Obama in Caracas, alleging "the Yankee empire had a lot to do" with the "coup d'etat" against his fellow leftist leader.

link
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Interesting... I thought Obama was going to make every one like us.. Now his foreign policy is as bad as his domestic policies..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Interesting... I thought Obama was going to make every one like us.. Now his foreign policy is as bad as his domestic policies..

Since when did anyone say his policies were going to make EVERYONE like us. Give me a break Lucas.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:00 pm

That seemed to be a big point the left used to bash Bush.. Now it doesn't matter?? Typical liberal flip-flopping... Give me a break..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
That seemed to be a big point the left used to bash Bush.. Now it doesn't matter?? Typical liberal flip-flopping... Give me a break..

You are over simplifying something that is bigger than being buddies with your next door neighbor Lucas. Barack Obama is working on diplomacy and trying to make things better with our allies and with other countries who don't trust us. There is a big difference between trying to mend some fences with other countries and wanting to take them out for a beer.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : personal attack)
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:04 am

He seems to be making it worse... Even some of our allies distrust Obama.. Israel being a good example...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
He seems to be making it worse... Even some of our allies distrust Obama.. Israel being a good example...

He's making it worse? Disco Banana Disco Banana laugh until I cry laugh until I cry

Thanks for the laugh there. It was getting far too serious on here! thumb
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 pm

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2009/06/obamas-approval-rating-in-israel-goes.html
His approval with the Israelis is 6%... Pretty dismal..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:52 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2009/06/obamas-approval-rating-in-israel-goes.html
His approval with the Israelis is 6%... Pretty dismal..

I've seen you comment about that poll before I think. Do you have the link to the actual poll because I can't seem to find it. I'd like to know who did the poll and who pays their paychecks. Also, do you honestly believe the Israelis are going to be thrilled that Obama is talking with the Muslim world? Of course not. I mean it's ridiculous to sit there and say that Obama is making things worse all over this world when you can't get much worse than what Bush brought us to. At least Obama is trying to make sure we still have some allies if we ever needed them. And big whoop about that poll. It's one tiny poll done by who knows about a country that has always been a ticking time bomb. Remember, they are part of the reason there has never been peace in that region. But saying that Obama is making more enemies than Bush because of one dinky poll after a speech to the Muslim world hardly reflects the whole picture. Once again, you are over simplifying. popcorn popcorn thumb
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:10 am

Remember, they are part of the reason there has never been peace in that region.

Wow!! That says it all....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Remember, they are part of the reason there has never been peace in that region.

Wow!! That says it all....

Umm, are you saying that it isn't true? confused
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:57 pm

^ Yep... It's not the Israelis lobbing rockets and mortars into other countries on a daily basis.. Why do you believe the turmoil in the middle-east is caused by the Israelis???
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
^ Yep... It's not the Israelis lobbing rockets and mortars into other countries on a daily basis.. Why do you believe the turmoil in the middle-east is caused by the Israelis???

I didn't say it was caused by them. I said they are a part of it. Apparently you've missed their attack and their land grabs forcing people out of their homes. Both sides are responsible for the mess over there.
What's this got to do with the original point I made? And where is the link to that poll, etc?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:25 pm

The poll, which has a margin of error of 4.5%, was conducted among a representative sample of 500 Israeli Jewish adults this week, following Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's speech in which he expressed his support for a demilitarized Palestinian state.

Another 50% of those sampled consider the policies of Obama's administration more pro-Palestinian than pro-Israeli, and 36% said the policies were neutral. The remaining 8% did not express an opinion.

The numbers were a stark contrast to the last poll published May 17, on the eve of the meeting between Netanyahu and Obama at the White House. In that poll, 31% labeled the Obama administration pro-Israel, 14% considered it pro-Palestinian and 40% said it was neutral. The other 15% declined to give an opinion.

By contrast, 88% of Jewish Israelis believe that the Bush administration was pro-Israel
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:08 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
The poll, which has a margin of error of 4.5%, was conducted among a representative sample of 500 Israeli Jewish adults this week, following Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's speech in which he expressed his support for a demilitarized Palestinian state.

Another 50% of those sampled consider the policies of Obama's administration more pro-Palestinian than pro-Israeli, and 36% said the policies were neutral. The remaining 8% did not express an opinion.

The numbers were a stark contrast to the last poll published May 17, on the eve of the meeting between Netanyahu and Obama at the White House. In that poll, 31% labeled the Obama administration pro-Israel, 14% considered it pro-Palestinian and 40% said it was neutral. The other 15% declined to give an opinion.

By contrast, 88% of Jewish Israelis believe that the Bush administration was pro-Israel

I saw that part already. I just want to see the link to the actual poll.....not just some article referring to it.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull&cid=1245184872947

That's all I could find too. No actual link to the poll in question.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:00 am

The Jerusalem Post is the one who conducted the poll... Scroll down to the polls and click on the one you want to see...

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editted)
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
The Jerusalem Post is the one who conducted the poll... Scroll down to the polls and click on the one you want to see...

It was conducted by Smith Research (whomever that is) for the Jerusalem Post. I still don't understand why this poll is so important or how is shows that Obama has somehow failed in foreign policy. As I said before, of course they aren't going to like Obama addressing their enemies. It should be no big surprise. I guess it makes no difference that he was swept to power by 78% of American Jews. Rolling Eyes What that poll equals to is exactly jack squat. Israelis preferring McCain is no more relevant than Germans preferring Obama. Neither country's citizens get to vote for President of the United States. Besides, The Jerusalem Post is about like Fox News. Another news media trying to make some bucks off of negativity. I always wonder why so many republicans complain about the media and about the Hollywood elite except when one of the two says something positive about the republicans. Then suddenly they become relevant. Razz

The I/P conflict isn't some stupid competition where you have to support either Israel or the Palestinians. I support the civilians on both sides who are victims of their respective leaderships.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : editted)
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Israel is just one example... Leaders from Russia, Venezuela, Iran and others have stated their distrust of Obama foreign policies...
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:15 am

Only 23 percent of Russians have confidence in Obama to do the right thing in international affairs, according to the University of Maryland's WorldPublicOpinion.org. Just 15 percent of the Russians polled said the U.S. is playing a positive role in the world; most said the United States abuses it power and makes Russia do what the U.S. wants.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:56 am

TEHRAN (Reuters) – President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused Barack Obama on Thursday of behaving like his predecessor toward Iran and said there was not much point in talking to Washington unless the U.S. president apologized.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
TEHRAN (Reuters) – President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused Barack Obama on Thursday of behaving like his predecessor toward Iran and said there was not much point in talking to Washington unless the U.S. president apologized.

The countries you named have always been on shaky ground with the US. It's nothing new. What's important is rebuilding the trust with the countries who lost confidence in us during Bush's regime. Our allies want to like us. As far as Iran, Venezuela, etc.. As long as they have crazy leaders, they are going to spout off crazy things. Besides, I thought you and the others didn't care about whether those countries liked us or not. You didn't want Obama to bow to them and let them have their way. Well, he's not, so you should be happy about that. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez   So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So much for everyone thinking that Obama was being buddies with Chavez
Page 1 of 1